My plants are constantly droopy

• Thread starter Jamiecatel12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jamiecatel12

Hi this this my first time growing and have my plants in coco and their always droopy when i water them

J

Jamiecatel12

Yeh I have been ph water at 5.8 I think it might have been because I wasn’t draining the water from the pots maybe gonna see if they change

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

In coco water every day at least once,preferably twice or more.i don't bother too much about run off but make sure any run off is removed so your plants arent sitting in the run off. make sure your coco NEVER dries out at all or the salts from your coco nutes will collect in the medium and fuck your plants up.
Ph between 5.8 /6.0.
If you don't have a reverse osmosis machine(it takes all the chlorine and shit out your tap water ) fill up buckets of tap water and leave em for at least 24 hours before using it.if u have a pump and an airstone add that to the tap water while it sits as this will help get rid of a bit of the stuff thats put in tap water to stop it going off

J

Jamiecatel12

In coco water every day at least once,preferably twice or more.i don't bother too much about run off but make sure any run off is removed so your plants arent sitting in the run off. make sure your coco NEVER dries out at all or the salts from your coco nutes will collect in the medium and fuck your plants up.
Ph between 5.8 /6.0.
If you don't have a reverse osmosis machine(it takes all the chlorine and shit out your tap water ) fill up buckets of tap water and leave em for at least 24 hours before using it.if u have a pump and an airstone add that to the tap water while it sits as this will help get rid of a bit of the stuff thats put in tap water to stop it going off
Thanks appreciate the reply Gonna give it a go see how I get on this week

J

Jamiecatel12

Thanks appreciate the reply Gonna give it a go see how I get on this week
I feel like the problem I’m having at the moment is not knowing if I’m over watering or not watering enough. They are about a month old from cuttings I’m seeing new growth but just feel like they drop alot their in 16l fabric pots under 600w hps I feed them every other day with canna a+b mixed at 10l of water to 15ml of a+b giving them all 500 ml each ? Thanks

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

If your not watering every day at least once your not watering enough.
In soil it's the opposite. Wen reading up on grows make sure it's coco grows your reading about and not soil as they'r completely different.
If u start to water every day and remove run off you will see your roots will start to grow better as will the plant.what your trying to achieve is to soak the whole medium with fresh nutes with lots of oxygen to replace the nutes that's oxygen is used up.this will kick start the plant into growing mode again.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

How much about should I be giving them once a day ?
Until a you get a wee bit o run off.you can work that out by measuring how much goes in before u get a wee bit o run off.people say 20% run off but it's a pain in the arse removing the run off if your just watering by hand .i just try to make sure the whole medium gets fresh oxygenated nutes every day.i don't worry too much about run off as it's such a pain to remove by hand but that's just me.most coco growers do it with a bit o run off.

J

Jamiecatel12

Until a you get a wee bit o run off.you can work that out by measuring how much goes in before u get a wee bit o run off.people say 20% run off but it's a pain in the arse removing the run off if your just watering by hand .i just try to make sure the whole medium gets fresh oxygenated nutes every day.i don't worry too much about run off as it's such a pain to remove by hand but that's just me.most coco growers do it with a bit o run off.
Thanks I’m gonna start feeding them everyday now , Just another thing is it normal for plants to start drooping 3 hours before lights off ?

J

Jamiecatel12

Some of them are still looking droopy does anyone know why this would be ?

Kepp89

Kepp89

they are aware of their bed time so it is normal. but idk about 3 hours.

and water by the weight of your fabric pot. it seems to my inexperienced mind the coco runs are best suited for a twice a day water but idk shit about shit. id use 3/4 of a gallon in the morning and a 1/4 gallon at night every night nutes water nutes water. much like how only you can prevent forest fires, only you can prevent overwatering or underwatering. but its the easiest thing to fix.

and r/o means reverse osmosis, not runoff usually. fyi.

J

Jamiecatel12

and water by the weight of your fabric pot. it seems to my inexperienced mind the coco runs are best suited for a twice a day water but idk shit about shit. id use 3/4 of a gallon in the morning and a 1/4 gallon at night every night nutes water nutes water. much like how only you can prevent forest fires, only you can prevent overwatering or underwatering. but its the easiest thing to fix.

Thanks

J

Jamiecatel12

Do you mean give them nutes in the morning then water on the night ?

guymandude

guymandude

If your not watering every day at least once your not watering enough.
In soil it's the opposite. Wen reading up on grows make sure it's coco grows your reading about and not soil as they'r completely different.
If u start to water every day and remove run off you will see your roots will start to grow better as will the plant.what your trying to achieve is to soak the whole medium with fresh nutes with lots of oxygen to replace the nutes that's oxygen is used up.this will kick start the plant into growing mode again.
i respectfully disagree. If he's only a month out from rooted cuts, those roots have not filled that pot yet. Saturating the substrate daily woth an insufficient rootball can cause problems, stunted growth, etc. Until that cloth pot starts air pruning the roots, meaning the roots start growing through the cloth, water until the pot is heavy, and then wait until it's dry-ish again. Yiu want those roots to grow and seek out the moisture. when you get to the point of the pot drying out every day, then water/feed every day. Been doing it like this for 10 years. it works very well. once you are feeding /watering daily, you can hook up some drippers and automate a bit, but for the moment i think they're drowing a bit.

J

Jamiecatel12

i respectfully disagree. If he's only a month out from rooted cuts, those roots have not filled that pot yet. Saturating the substrate daily woth an insufficient rootball can cause problems, stunted growth, etc. Until that cloth pot starts air pruning the roots, meaning the roots start growing through the cloth, water until the pot is heavy, and then wait until it's dry-ish again. Yiu want those roots to grow and seek out the moisture. when you get to the point of the pot drying out every day, then water/feed every day. Been doing it like this for 10 years. it works very well. once you are feeding /watering daily, you can hook up some drippers and automate a bit, but for the moment i think they're drowing a bit.
I have got roots coming through the bottom of the pots ?

Top Bottom