My plants got MS help!!!

• Thread starter SkyHi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SkyHi

Help my sick lady

My plants curling up at the tips and edges. Does this look like a P.H. problem? Yesterday i was watering my baby and for some reason did a water teat here are the results :

PPM: 1200
EC: 2.4
PH: 5.0
Temp: 80 (i need a extraction fan)

So as you can see my ph had drop severely so im contributing this the PH. I flushed with higher PH water and Foliar feed so she can get some nutes.

Any and all comments welcome please.

ALSO YOU CAN SEE IN THE THIRD PIC THE DIFFEREENCE BETWEEN THE TWO PLANTS THEY USED TO BE THE SAME SIZE.
View attachment GFD sicky.bmp

View attachment GFD sicky 2.bmp

View attachment GFD sicky 3.bmp

N

Nuglover

Get your pH in range, maybe up your N a little. The new growth could be a touch greener. Other than that they actually look pretty healthy to me. I can't really see the curling at the tips in those pics. Sorry if I wasn't any help.

S

SkyHi

any opinions offer insight therefore help me, so thanks NUG. Its just wilted looking and the tips of the leaves are curling like talons or claws, this plant is usually up and praying to the light like her sisters.

mace

mace

please answer this for us:

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
18. How much experience do you have growing?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I would consider that to be more of a Taco'ing effect. Is there any way of getting a test of your runoff water? At the same time let us know what your water tested before the watering also. Ph is where your problem lies I think.

RB

S

SkyHi

Root Bound: my run off test result are above^^^^. i too believe its a PH issue.
The water going in was :

PH: 6.5
PPM: 300 (hard water)

Run OFF:

PH: 5.0
PPM: 1200

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Hey sky, is that a soil grow? If so I would pick up some dolomite lime.I use to use 2 tablespoons per gallon of soil. It wil help raie your PH. ROOT

S

SkyHi

is that liquid? if not how do i apply it to the soil in the current containers without repotting?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
It comes in a powder/granule form from garden stores. You can just sprinkle it around the top of the soil and then work it in a little with your fingers . Then as you water from the top it sissolves in the soil. rb

S

SkyHi

Good stuff ROOT.

Is Fox Farms Light Warrior Un PH balanced ? because im seeing a drop in PH from what i put in to what come out IE: Put in 6.5 Run off = 5.2 ?

So last night i flushed it with 6.5 PH'ed water and some low strength nutes and its starting to look better this morning. Hopefully full recovery by the time i get home after work...fingers crossed

mace

mace

Good stuff ROOT.

Is Fox Farms Light Warrior Un PH balanced ? because im seeing a drop in PH from what i put in to what come out IE: Put in 6.5 Run off = 5.2 ?

So last night i flushed it with 6.5 PH'ed water and some low strength nutes and its starting to look better this morning. Hopefully full recovery by the time i get home after work...fingers crossed

I know im stating the obvious here but that is exactly how i would have recommended you do it. PH ranging is so different in soil as compared to hydro.

Sounds like you're already seeing the recovery happen, but look to the new growth as your effected leafs wont heal.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I would even try to water at 7.0 ph, until you get things to a better runoff PH. If you get some lime make sure it is dolomite lime. Dolomite lime acts as a buffer for your soil, Which helps correct the PH of the soil and the water you use+ it adds calcium. Root

S

SkyHi

thanks guys, ill keep checking on her. Ill keep you guys posted. thanks again

P.S that sucks how nothing that happens to our plants is cured in the existing foliage ;( scarred for life

Top Bottom