My plants have growths on the stems and leaves, any one have any idea what's going on?

• Thread starter Beags707
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beags707

Beags707

Idk if it will germ or not, time will tell. In the pic it looks like the fan if pointed down at the plants, could be the plant beefing up weak areas they are getting blasted by the fan
They all get a gentle breeze from fans, I don't think that is the issue

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Looks like you are in a basement? Could be something like this :

There are many definitions of a “gall”, but today we are talking about “an abnormal growth formed on plants and trees, especially oaks, in response to the presence of insect larvae, mites or fungi.” These strange growths come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and forms. An Azalea leaf gall (Exobasidium vaccinii) caused by a fungus.

Beags707

Beags707

There are many definitions of a “gall”, but today we are talking about “an abnormal growth formed on plants and trees, especially oaks, in response to the presence of insect larvae, mites or fungi.” These strange growths come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and forms. An Azalea leaf gall (Exobasidium vaccinii) caused by a fungus.
In my shop, I saw these "galls" on my internet crusade and it was the only thing in my mind that made sense, but there's nothing about weed galls, and these plants seem very happy and healthy there's a little bit of moldy mildewyness in the corners of the ceiling, but again I don't think that's the issue as most grows will have that

Beags707

Beags707

20210410 134634

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
My guess would be fungal as well. Grow space looks somewhat dirty. (Rototiller)😂👌

QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

Lol fungal is a possibility, but wtf kind?
Is anyone considering a virus here? Not saying that's it but it doesn't look like bugs, larvae, or fungus I've seen. If you can get the plant regenerated via tissue culture it would be interesting to see if it went away or it might be in the genetics and carry though. I mean tissue culture where you use a piece of leaf, stem or root to form cells. Those cells are then turned into new plants. Viruses can't survive this process. Any virus experts out there?

Beags707

Beags707

Lol fungal is a possibility, but wtf kind?
Is anyone considering a virus here? Not saying that's it but it doesn't look like bugs, larvae, or fungus I've seen. If you can get the plant regenerated via tissue culture it would be interesting to see if it went away or it might be in the genetics and carry though. I mean tissue culture where you use a piece of leaf, stem or root to form cells. Those cells are then turned into new plants. Viruses can't survive this process. Any virus experts out there?
Well I sprayed them with fungicide, even if im
treating cancer with penicillin . Flipped em and I guess I'll just keep everyone posted. 7 days hit them with switch.

Beags707

Beags707

Also not genetic. Different strain and run. Happened last run strain chocolate hash berry. Happened this run icc ( ice cream cake )

Beags707

Beags707

Also sounds like you may be referring to something more like a redwood burl than a virus. But idk and appreciate any input

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
You said it’s reoccurring? Clean and sterilize your space. Before the next run.
its fungal funk for sure.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Multiple plants, happened on my last indoor run as well. No bugs inside of growths. Maybe it's the new lights, lux led 645 pro
It’s environmental.
You can grow it anywhere. But cleanliness with the girls is a must.

Beags707

Beags707

Tap water. But water is fine. Never was an issue before. All the cleaning between the 2 runs was bleaching the room and dehums over a weekend. Then new dirt and veg 24. Up until now day one of 12/12

QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

You said it’s reoccurring? Clean and sterilize your space. Before the next run.
its fungal funk for sure.
Agreed... Can't hurt to clean. Bleach with triple strength 2 to 3 applications. Let it dry completely between applications. You can do it in a day. Bleach is a fungicide used aggressively.
Cheers

Homesteader

Homesteader

I am thinking that is some type of virus that the plant has or some type of malformation due to genetics. Either way I would toss it.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I am thinking that is some type of virus that the plant has or some type of malformation due to genetics. Either way I would toss it.
genetics would be more like say 3 cotyledon leaves instead of two or 3 blades of a leaf are green and the other two are white.. that kinda thing is genetics, anything else is human error..

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I don't think its genotype, its happing to multiple strains. Fungus or virus is my bet aswel. Move the plants and bleach the grow space and push through harvest, once done bleach again, Let it dry for a day and reapply once more.

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

I might try a stress reducer foliar spray like Silica/Karma.

Beags707

Beags707

So good news is I'm 8 days into 12 hours and everything looks good. Fungicide did the trick. Still don't know wtf kind of fungi but it's gone now

Latest posts

Top Bottom