My plants started dying after repotting, is this bug I found responsible?

• Thread starter JustHaku
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JustHaku

JustHaku

So I've been growing these indoors for about 3 months now and recently I had to repot them, since then the edges of the leafs have clear bites taken out and they're starting to wither, So I'm fairly positive it's bugs. On top of that all three pots started growing fuzzy white mold, so am I over watering or is it because I used dirt from a forest floor? They were growing perfectly up until now and don't want to lose them so id appreciate it if someone can tell me if this is the little bugger is responsible and how to stop it. Thanks for reading.

My plants started dying after repotting is this bug i found responsible
My plants started dying after repotting is this bug i found responsible 2
My plants started dying after repotting is this bug i found responsible 3
My plants started dying after repotting is this bug i found responsible 4
My plants started dying after repotting is this bug i found responsible 5
My plants started dying after repotting is this bug i found responsible 6
My plants started dying after repotting is this bug i found responsible 7
My plants started dying after repotting is this bug i found responsible 8
My plants started dying after repotting is this bug i found responsible 9
My plants started dying after repotting is this bug i found responsible 10
My plants started dying after repotting is this bug i found responsible 11
My plants started dying after repotting is this bug i found responsible 12
JustHaku

JustHaku

I water them every 2 days, and they sit in a window getting sunlight. Other then that im not an experienced grower so I have no equipment or set-ups.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think that you have a few issues going on, overwatering being a big one. Forest dirt has nutrients but drains poorly. You are seeing mold grow on the top because of high moisture levels. The plants look like they could use more light as well as they are very lanky. Last, but not least, is the bugs. The bugs will chow on some of the leaves, but the plant should grow fast enough to prevent damage. The overwatering is what I think is causing the poor looks, but the bugs are also making the problem worse. If you can, I'd try to mix a bunch of perlite into the soil to improve drainage, or re-pot into something that holds less water. In my opinion.

JustHaku

JustHaku

I think that you have a few issues going on, overwatering being a big one. Forest dirt has nutrients but drains poorly. You are seeing mold grow on the top because of high moisture levels. The plants look like they could use more light as well as they are very lanky. Last, but not least, is the bugs. The bugs will chow on some of the leaves, but the plant should grow fast enough to prevent damage. The overwatering is what I think is causing the poor looks, but the bugs are also making the problem worse. If you can, I'd try to mix a bunch of perlite into the soil to improve drainage, or re-pot into something that holds less water. In my opinion.
I'll do that, appreciate the advice and thank you ☺

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

amen.
my first thought, besides dry heaving over the pic of an unknown, brought within... was weak lighting... spindley plant... and other issues, as u say. if he's going to repot and b able to sleep at night... with those vampires, invited over threshold- rinse roots? it's a question.... with the same access to window lighting... how well, is this whim going to last...

if you can pull it off, more power to you, but imho- and no offense for lack of tact, but it looks like, from the current wilt & spindley, spindley- ur gonna have to commit to shytting, or getting off the pot. i say either she's in.... and can get ugly expensive, or she's out so the sun can do its thang, for u. lemme find a link... this guy, while i believe he's hiding something, has excellent examples of what's possible, indoors, with various budgets. know that it's conceivable he had a wizard behind the curtain so don't b flustered because it's more likely than not... a new grower will experience discoloration, from time to time. indoors, or out- don't give up... welcome to the party... we're more than happy to help u through it; stick around!

his other videos have some intriguing bucket/whatever grows, but whatever the headline is- multiply his budget, by four... because he had other gear, nutes/amendments n processing gear from previous grows, used and never acknowledged; trim scissors, alone, can truly, add up...because most shears... are steaming piles of cow dung and eventually, everything breaks, four times over, anyway. we work our gear, like slaves and in the northern hemisphere, what better time to take the good fight, to the sun, to do our dirty dirty work.

Top Bottom