My Poor Sick Baby Gorilla

• Thread starter Imzzaudae
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Well my little gorilla plant has been coming along nicely. That is until I fed her 2 weekends ago.
For some reason, I just felt funny about it. Something felt off. Well over the last while I notices a slight yellowing
I remember thinking that the plant looks funny. Of course I'm busy with the rest of my life. Work, women, taking care of man stuff.
Gorilla.JPG

Didn't pay much heed really, Open the tent water it close the tent and off to work. After about 10 days a splash and go in the morning and not paying much attention,
I opened the tent watered her and gave her a once over. OOPs!
Close best.JPG

Many of the new little leaves and shoots have burned off, Yellowing and dying new growth.
close 1.JPG

Time to peek under her skirt. See if I can determine what is going on.
Broke out the PH test strips and N,P,K plus PH test kit. Anybody want to guess what I found?
IMG_2484 (2).JPG

I watered until I had a few ounces of run off. Then tested that run off water.
PH was at 5
N -tested Excessive
P - tested Excessive
K -tested Excessive
PH test strip confirmed that the run off PH was indeed 5

How did I end up with my poor sick plant in this condition. I remember feeling funny the last time I fertilized.
I must have fed her more than the 1/2 recommended strength I usually give my plants.

Now I'm an amateur grower. One little plant under some barn yard LED lights in an old used tent. So I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the low PH and excessive NPK caused the plant to lock out. I ended up flushing the pot.
I ran about 3 gallons of fresh water threw the pot.
PH is now testing about 6.5
Flushing should also have gotten rid of the excessive N,P,K.

She is now back in the tent. With a little luck she will recover.
I'm using city water that I let stand 24 hrs so as to let any chlorine dissipate and it's bang on 7.0 PH.
With just a little luck, in a couple of weeks she will get herself together and I will be able to continue normal feeding.

Just thought I'd share.

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Looking like I may end up loosing the plant. She is sick and I have no Idea what to do next.
2g

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

No. I burned her so bad. The plant crashed and never recovered. Lesson learned. Don't be mixing nutrients when baked.
I flushed it a few times but it was just not meant to be I guess.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
No. I burned her so bad. The plant crashed and never recovered. Lesson learned. Don't be mixing nutrients when baked.
I flushed it a few times but it was just not meant to be I guess.
after flush what kind of nutrient regime did you go after? did you do a regular/light/heavy dosage? curious as I've had unique results on some plants after doing a flush.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I gave it a light feed of 10-6-6 Pro mix. The same as I have used for years. Every leaf came off the plant. It sucks but there comes a time when it's better to throw a new seed in the ground. It just was not worth messing with a sick plant like this. So this plant went in the compost bucket, it's replacement was grown outdoors and turned out great.

Top Bottom