My ppm is 159 how to boost it

im growing autoflower in pots
1/4 manure
3/4 organic potting compost
Shot of fish blood and bone
Shot of bonemeal
Shot of chicken manure
Shot of coffee grounds

I don’t really want to use harsh stuff if I can help it maybe just natural stuff in liquid form because space is tight and I don’t want to flush really so something light and natural will be great!

so I want to get my ppm ready for week 2

my water PH is 6.5
How would I go about raising it?

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

My plants 9 days old
My PPM is 159
I’m going of this chart>View attachment 1143360
im growing autoflower in pots
1/4 manure
3/4 organic potting compost
Shot of fish blood and bone
Shot of bonemeal
Shot of chicken manure
Shot of coffee grounds

I don’t really want to use harsh stuff if I can help it maybe just natural stuff in liquid form because space is tight and I don’t want to flush really so something light and natural will be great!

so I want to get my ppm ready for week 2

my water PH is 6.5
How would I go about raising it? Add nutrients, micro/macro. Thats the only real way to do it.

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

Sort of sounds like you want to be organic, if so I think if @ComfortablyNumb is around he might be able to help out as well as a few others. Tagging him.

Frego

Frego

Sort of sounds like you want to be organic, if so I think if @ComfortablyNumb is around he might be able to help out as well as a few others. Tagging him.
Thanks brother @ComfortablyNumb SOS

mancorn

mancorn

PPM is pretty much meaningless in organic soil and is primarily used for salt based fertilizers. Your meter measures EC (Electrical Conductivity) and performs a calculation to determine the PPM value. Organic molecules do not normally conduct electricity so your PPM will be wildly inaccurate.

Frego

Frego

PPM is pretty much meaningless in organic soil and is primarily used for salt based fertilizers. Your meter measures EC (Electrical Conductivity) and performs a calculation to determine the PPM value. Organic molecules do not normally conduct electricity so your PPM will be wildly inaccurate.
Ok so what if I start showing diffincies, how can I rule stuff out if I don’t know my PPM for a start

so you are saying just add water to my soil and hope for the best?
Like I said going off that chart he was using soil the fox farm blend?

mancorn

mancorn

No, I said PPM is useless for organic nutrients. You’ll have to use other techniques to determine if you have a deficiency which you’d have to do with synthetic fertilizers also. PPM only tells you how much nutrient is present in the solution, it doesn’t tell you what’s in the solution. You can measure PPM of Coke, but that doesn’t give you any meaningful info.

For organic crops in soil, the fertilizers feed the microorganisms, and the microorganisms feed the plants. Plants cannot take in big, organic, uncharged molecules; these molecules must first be ingested by soil microorganisms, which produce organic acids and enzymes which release the mineral ions that can then be absorbed by the roots. The process takes time and why organics are consider “slow release”, where as salt based fertilizers (pretty much most of the liquid bottled ferts) have nutrients that are plant available immediately (and much easier to correct a deficiency).

Your soil may be fine and carry you through your grow, or may be really unbalanced. Good compost has tons of microorganisms, but not much nutrients. Manures can be all over the map, depending on age and source. Your blood and bone meal contain N-P but no K (which cannabis needs a lot of). Coffee grounds don’t really add any nutrients (but does help build up soil. Nothing wrong with it in a compost pile.) Sounds like you’d be better off with premix blends of organics, designed for cannabis. Tons of info on fertilizer recommendations if you search the site.

Frego

Frego

No, I said PPM is useless for organic nutrients. You’ll have to use other techniques to determine if you have a deficiency which you’d have to do with synthetic fertilizers also. PPM only tells you how much nutrient is present in the solution, it doesn’t tell you what’s in the solution. You can measure PPM of Coke, but that doesn’t give you any meaningful info.

For organic crops in soil, the fertilizers feed the microorganisms, and the microorganisms feed the plants. Plants cannot take in big, organic, uncharged molecules; these molecules must first be ingested by soil microorganisms, which produce organic acids and enzymes which release the mineral ions that can then be absorbed by the roots. The process takes time and why organics are consider “slow release”, where as salt based fertilizers (pretty much most of the liquid bottled ferts) have nutrients that are plant available immediately (and much easier to correct a deficiency).

Your soil may be fine and carry you through your grow, or may be really unbalanced. Good compost has tons of microorganisms, but not much nutrients. Manures can be all over the map, depending on age and source. Your blood and bone meal contain N-P but no K (which cannabis needs a lot of). Coffee grounds don’t really add any nutrients (but does help build up soil. Nothing wrong with it in a compost pile.) Sounds like you’d be better off with premix blends of organics, designed for cannabis. Tons of info on fertilizer recommendations if you search the site.
Brilliant information thankyou,

Top Bottom