My Purpl PRO Testing Results

• Thread starter Pondracer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pondracer

Pondracer

If you are not familiar with this equipment there is more info here. I've had mine for about 3 weeks now but just recently started diving into using it. Accuracy and consistency are my main concerns. I do not pay for the monthly subscription that gives moisture content. I just feel its over priced. Recently I harvested my first plant and after a 9 day drying period began testing in earnest. As I harvested I broke the plant down into 3 tiers.

• Tier 1 - All buds greater than 4 inches
  • Tier 2 - Buds less than 4 inches but not the super small stuff
  • Tier 3 - Popcorn buds, any small flower
I took two samples of each tier and tested them one at a time. Each sample was a bud that was processed with the grinder. I took that sample and measured it. Then dumped it out into a small bowl and mixed it again with my fingers. Repacked the sample into the bench and tested again. Each sample was tested 5 times. You will notice some tests with multiple numbers. I would sometimes simply remeasure the same material without removing it to see if the unit would give consistent results. I would dry wipe the bench between tests but towards the end I began wiping it with a paper towel dampened with alcohol. That change in method is noted.

Meaurements psycho tier3
Meaurements psycho tier2
Meaurements psycho tier1

midnightsun72

midnightsun72

Same methods used to test the Purple Urkle plant.
Very nice post man. Very helpful. How are you finding the unit now? Do you feel like it's pretty accurate? Any quirks? Interesting findings?

have you consider using a wood humidity tester to test the humidity of the bud? Humidity can swing the results a little so knowing the humidity as well as the % would help give a good apples to apples.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing.
I can't afford it but I just emailed them to see if they would be interested in letting me test one or rent it for a full grow cycle/harvest/curing.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Very nice post man. Very helpful. How are you finding the unit now? Do you feel like it's pretty accurate? Any quirks? Interesting findings?

have you consider using a wood humidity tester to test the humidity of the bud? Humidity can swing the results a little so knowing the humidity as well as the % would help give a good apples to apples.

I am sorry, I missed your reply. The new software tells me moisture content and I've used it a few times but have not had another harvest. Should have some more numbers up in a few weeks.

midnightsun72

midnightsun72

I am sorry, I missed your reply. The new software tells me moisture content and I've used it a few times but have not had another harvest. Should have some more numbers up in a few weeks.
Oh they did an update to include humidity? And do you know does it adjust the potency number based on humidity?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Interesting I’ll read up on this. I don’t understand the sensor they are using.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Is that normal for that plant?

It wasn't what I expected. I was not familiar with it but it was highly recommended and came from HumboldtCSI. I only got 1 out of 7 seeds to germinate so I can't compare much. I think there were issues, and the environment was not perfect. But the Psycho plant also had some hell issues and came out an easy 22%. I'm eager to get past this grow and begin #3.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

It wasn't what I expected. I was not familiar with it but it was highly recommended and came from HumboldtCSI. I only got 1 out of 7 seeds to germinate so I can't compare much. I think there were issues, and the environment was not perfect. But the Psycho plant also had some hell issues and came out an easy 22%. I'm eager to get past this grow and begin #3.
Oh cool man. I’m about to pop some crystal candys and banana blaze.

Latest posts

Top Bottom