My recent run in with Johnny Law in sunny so-cal...

• Thread starter medikush8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
medikush8

medikush8

I'd like to take to make a new thread with my own recent hoorah with johnny law.

I was absolutely and positively followed home from my local hydro store (my mistake, I don't usually look because the neighborhood isn't terrible and well, being prop 215 compliant kinda makes ya feel like it's.. okay..). I should have called it however - dudes wanted to load 10 bags of CANNA coco and a nice big 50lb c02 tank into my tiny old sedan.. Facing a busy BLVD at 11 am.. I should have known, I should have known better..

Leave hydro store, cruise down same BLVD to local collective (wrong move #2.. Get shit, get lunch, go bowling, do anything but.. go to a weed store..), grab a CBD edible and come home. Seemed like a good day to me so far... Probably a great time for the narco squad to get right in position around my home.

So my oblivious butt pulls up to my house, and BA-boom! Sheriff black and white with 6 count em six!! plain clothes narc detectives cars pull up behind me. Needless to say I shat half a brick as I was ripped out of my car Grand Theft Auto 5-style and immediately cuffed for reasons unbeknownst to me, and kept my cool while trying to handle a group of abrasive.. questioning individuals.. "what's the co2 tank for, open your trunk lets take a look...". At this point I am already cuffed, and there is a scene forming outside my (very residential) home, I ask the officers why they pulled me over, and what is happening? They insist I'm not arrested just detained, and it's a routine search, because I had stated up front they were going to find my medical marijuana and grow and gave them all my permits.

They deemed my plant numbers too high (funny how they count unrooted clones and UN-germed seeds as full plants, huh?), grilled me for a while on why I had more than one jar full of meds.. (As if one would put their pills for the morning, night and daytime in one big grab-bag, and just.. Hope you found a sleeper!!.. Yeah right.. Some superior logic on that end..), then proceeded to tear apart every single genetic in my mother/clone/seed setup.. Anyone whose seen the process know EXACTLY the hole they tear right out of your heart, watching those genes just mangled and chopped, flipped over and tossed pots and cups of dirt all over my room, my bed, my clothes, just violated to the core. They even left a nice deuce in the toilet.

What professionals... More like an unregulated goon-squad. Years worth of absolute GEMS and heirloom OGs, GG#4, OGR gear and most of the other gear I picked up that was exclusive to the LA HT medical cup (about 5-6 bills worth of seeds alone)... glad I don't hoard, I knew that would come around eventually in my favor - still, replacing OGR gear and a GG4 clone is going to be tough.

No scales, no bags, no drugs no money and no weapons later, they walked out with basically a solid HALF of my dried flower for myself, my father and my mothers medication as I am their caregiver/caretaker and pleaded that we needed some of the medicine they deemed excessive simply to live and work. They agreed to leave me "something" but scorned me over and over on the numbers, and kept telling me how "easy I was getting off".

They left pissed and more so unsatisfied - they wanted the hard stuff, but instead wasted both our time and taxpayer dollars, booked me and released me with no court date.. Thank those proud souls who made proposition 215 and SB420 possible, for my rec's and having them posted in every room that contained any MMJ. Boy they hate that:p.

I just figured I'd take this opportunity to update the thread, long story short THIS IS STILL COMMON PRACTICE FOLKS, WATCH YOUR BACK AT ALL TIMES DEALING WITH ANYTHING CANNA or HYDRO-RELATED IN PUBLIC, AND WATCH THE FUCKERS WATCHING YOU BACK!! ASK THEM WHAT'S UP AND THEY'LL BUZZ RIGHT OFF.. IT IS YOUR RIGHT TO DO SO!! ALSO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! THE MORE YOU SAY, THEY MORE THEY TWIST IT UP AND USE IT AGAINST YOU!!

...Legal in 2 states, first federally-legal country... Yet California is years behind... Good grief... C'mon November 2014!!

Thanks for reading, peace out farmers.. and stay safe. I'm sticking with amazon, and shops that are farther than 10 or so miles away. Glad I learned, just not happy I learned the hard way - However am grateful to still be here and free. Take care all. I know I will be..

surfguitar

surfguitar

Did they have a search warrant for your house? If so they must have been following you before the grow store incident, if not pretty dumb mistake to let them in.....

Ladyv

Ladyv

Dude.....the Sheriffs pulled something very similar to that with some friends of mine about 2 years ago....also in So Cal. I would also like to know if you would tell us what city your in.

medikush8

medikush8

Los angeles.. Try telling LAPD they can't come in o_O . I don't believe there was any other route than to resolve the issue in a timely manner as it was inevitable that they found my meds. Rather have them know its there than drag it on for hours. Again, not trying to argue here - just expressing my angle. If I had let them come right on in, it would have in fact been very dumb. This was not the case. At any rate - it happened, I'm just sharing my experience. I will be brushing up on my rights and the laws in my town and have been discussing with my attorney the validity of the search.

surfguitar

surfguitar

What do you mean try not letting the lapd in? What are they gonna do if they don't have a search warrant and you are polite? You have a certain amount of rights....

Los Angeles is really big too, what part? ;)

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
I'm in LA but I'm in a beach city. Could you elaborate or give a zip code? Fwiw Ill tell the LAPD all day to kick rocks without a warrant. Not sure of your age but I'm in my 40s and I know my rights. I don't get intimidated these days especially when I'm dealing with someone who will lie and intimidate to get probable cause. If you don't mind sharing id love to know more about your location. Was it sheriffs or LAPD? I believe you've said both.

Myco

Myco

Yeah I wasn't going to say anything about not letting them in but I figured someone else would. It's a woulda coulda shoulda situation now, but perhaps they would've bugged off if you stood your ground (and no, not Zimmerman style). I can't imagine seeing a guy get a co2 tank and some bags of coco from a growshop is enough to get a warrant... But let's say they do unlawfully force their way in, I suppose you still would've lost your meds and genetics. It's fucked up no matter which way you look at it though, and thanks for sharing your story.

Perhaps some security cameras for you though? Hopefully they don't come back - but if they do try and fuck with you and come back without a warrant again - you can deny the shit out of them, and if they do force their way in, you can have a lawsuit.

Unfortunately if you allowed them inside in any way, you have no case for the validity of this search... but of course I don't know the details, nor am I an attorney.

Sorry for your loss of genetics and the GG#4... you'll come across her again someday.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Man that sucks....maybe they let u go bcuz the DA read the report & knows it was wrong 2 enter ur house.. maybe they didn't have a case bcuz they fucked up......
maybe u got a case on them...they might owe u ur meds & plants back?

Myco

Myco

^^^ that's entirely possible, assuming they aren't already in the garbage (or being smoked...! the meds anyway...) If you can act fast and it is practical for you to speak with an attorney, I'd get that ball rolling ASAP.

The more I think about this post, the more I remember, I fucking HATE cops. It's a rarity for me to ever declare hate towards someone, but I fucking despise them.

entropy99

entropy99

Damn, sorry to hear your story but thanks for sharing it. Unregulated goon-squad sounds a good descriptive for them. Police are too seldom out to help the people and too often there to just make people's lives miserable these days.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

thugs. looking for money.

We need to change our terminology and call them what they are; not busts, not raids, but robberies. They probably smoked some of your weed. My dad was acquitted of trafficking in NV because the dirty cop threw a bow over the guard rail for personal gain. His BADASS, BRILLIANT attorney saw it when she reviewed the officer's own surveillance camera. Still cost Pops over ten grand, and he just actually puffed for the first time this Christmas.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

First let me say im sorry it happened to you,Second,DUMBASS!Really straight from the hydro store to a dispensary and then right to your grow?lol,you know better than that for sure.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I wonder who those cops think they are "Protecting and Serving" when the do this?
They seem to be protecting and serving the dispensary that your going to have to buy your meds from now
Protectandserve

medikush8

medikush8

First let me say im sorry it happened to you,Second,DUMBASS!Really straight from the hydro store to a dispensary and then right to your grow?lol,you know better than that for sure.

Thank you for the kind words.. However, I fail to see wherein prop 215 or SB 420 the text states that we are not allowed to pick up medication and growing equipment if they so happen to be within the same literal mile of each other. I had thought this was a right, given to us by the state. A right we voted to have - and a law that THEY have to abide by the rules of as well...
Last time I checked, that'd be infringing on civil rights, then again.. I can't think of any civil rights I have observed personally to be upheld in any of these types of situations.

I suppose there should be a "common sense" section in prop 215/ sb 420, for mentally disabled patients such as myself - to perhaps clear things up a bit - if you will? Five years of the same route / routine almost every other, to every two days and nothing like this had occurred in the slightest..

All in all, I will not be going to get any equipment at a storefront, not in the slightest. Really I had just thought we had gotten over this sort of thing in cali... Well here's to November and the legalization effort.

For anyone that was wondering - I received word from attorney earlier today that they decided not to pursue any further and the case was dropped. I am going to medicate with full piece of mind in my garden tonight, and rest easy, that sure as heck has not come easily these past few weeks. Thanks to all for the kind words, they are much appreciated!!

MakinGoo, BULLSEYE!! You sir are correct, they overstepped their boundaries and knew it from the time they opened my front door.. I might just, I might just.. Though I'm thankful they left me what they did, and foremost will leave me alone. They did take my personal portioned medicine, which I am hurting because of at this time. Lots of resentment, yet lots of relief. Still taking it all in.. Onward and outward farmers. Be safe!

Fish on

Myco

Myco

Yeah if you were in a non-med state I would say total dumbass move to go pick up some herb and grow equip, then head to your garden in the same trip, but you're very right man - the law is in place for a reason... unfortunately these rogue pigs just can't leave an innocent citizen alone... it really fucking pisses me off to no end. Here we are in 2014, CA has had a mmj law in place for how many years now? We just had a grower here in WA get raided, with everything taken aside from grow equip by the thugs in blue, with grossly over exaggerated numbers released to the media - when they were actually within WA's provisions under a collective garden. It's absolutely sickening.

If I were you I'd be thinking about pressing to get your meds and plants back. Who knows where the stuff is now, but just to prove a point. Bottom line is, they abused their power and intruded and stole from an innocent citizen like yourself, and you're entitled back what is legally yours.

But then again, if it were me, I might be hesitant to do so in fear of retribution unless I planned on moving to a new location. It's almost best to just move forward to a more positive future than dwell on what's happened, and be happy it wasn't worse.

I feel for ya though man, as much as anyone wants to call your actions a dumbass move, it really could've been ANYBODY. Which is, like I've said, disturbing... hence why I keep coming back to this thread. But anywho... I've said my part.

Good vibes and happy gardening.

Myco

M

moemoe08

yeah. cops came in my house illegally and said i gave them permission. they can lied but the belt recording told the truth. they usually are recording audio when they're talking to you. never give them permission to search.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Los angeles.. Try telling LAPD they can't come in o_O . I don't believe there was any other route than to resolve the issue in a timely manner as it was inevitable that they found my meds. Rather have them know its there than drag it on for hours. Again, not trying to argue here - just expressing my angle. If I had let them come right on in, it would have in fact been very dumb. This was not the case. At any rate - it happened, I'm just sharing my experience. I will be brushing up on my rights and the laws in my town and have been discussing with my attorney the validity of the search.
Ok, so was this the LA Co sheriff's department (with which my own family has some unfortunate experience, and good luck getting your weed back from them, they will literally laugh in your face. They charged one of my kids with smuggling an 8th from school to home, he spent a week downtown), or LAPD?

Has your attorney asked for the warrant? I have a hard time believing they did this only because they saw you going from a grow store to a dispensary, even if it IS the LAPD we're talking about here. Or the sheriff's department. I see they dropped the charges, have you viewed the report(s)?
What do you mean try not letting the lapd in? What are they gonna do if they don't have a search warrant and you are polite? You have a certain amount of rights....

Los Angeles is really big too, what part? ;)
This would be the same LAPD that shot up those ladies in their truck, the truck that didn't match the description of Dorner's. LAPD is a fucked up department. The ONLY time I've ever been hassled by a cop, was LAPD.

This kind of shit should *not* be happening in this state. But it is. As the rest of the nation seems to be moving forward ours seems to be moving backward.

Top Bottom