my rockwool is dry??

• Thread starter hellaWORD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hellaWORD

okay im using the water farm bucket systems and im starting to notice that my rockwool isnt getting wet at all.. Is this a good or bad thing ?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
this is not a good thing

usually people use hydroton in those - I assume your using the non absorbant rockwool chunks...

the waterfarms tend to clog up from salt and mineral buildup - pull the airtube out and youl see what I mean

H

hellaWORD

yes i totally feel you on the clear air tubes i stay on that. I am using hydroton aswell, but it just seems like the drip ring could be too big?? the rockwool is super dry geesh getting kinda scared for these seedling.. /

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
ahhh I get ya - the cubes you planted are dry - hey no big man - top feed them once a day until the roots get down into the bottoms

H

hellaWORD

okay i will do that most deff. Would me having the top of the rockwool exposed and using panda cover be the problem u think? Cause i started using the covers after the greenish slim stuff started popping up on hydroton n drip-ring.. /

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
could be bro - back inthe day I used some waterfarms for moms and I used to just bury the rockwool - I hear ya about the slimey algae though

H

hellaWORD

yeah Ive got 5 hash plant mother going right now. And with these water farm units you kinda run into alot of little problems im finding out now.. lol that i am out of the herbs!

I

ibTheMan

did you see that hes out of weed, he should get ah pass on that one, plus i laughed my ass off for ten minutes about it. LOL

Edit, make that 15 minutes,lol

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
did you see that hes out of weed, he should get ah pass on that one, plus i laughed my ass off for ten minutes about it. LOL

Edit, make that 15 minutes,lol

lol I didnt catch that til after - no big - just had to give him a little shit

H

hellaWORD

yea i covered all rockwool with the hydroton rocks i really hope that was the issue. thanks buddyyy=]

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Grime and salt builds up at the bottom of the airtube if you don't flush. Happened to me my last 2 grows. Usually happens in the final flush. Flush every two weeks with clearex or other flush solution and it won't happen again. Flushing waterfarm 8 packs suck but its worth it. If you treat waterfarms good, they will do the same for you. Peace.

Top Bottom