My second grow, would like some input from the organic community.

• Thread starter MyGrowYo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

3 plants in 7 gal pots, or 2 in 10 gallon pots to max a 2x4 tent

• Three 7 gallon pots

• Two 10 gallon pots

Results are only viewable after voting.
freezeland2

freezeland2

Tent is 6’ and I have it set up so I can have the light 4” from the ceiling. I have a scrog net with 4” spacing I was planning to fill about 85% of the holes at about 2’6” from the ground and flip. I do worry about the height, but I felt Like more tops reduced the total height of stretch when I flipped on my first grow. And I have a second scrog with 6” holes to support if needed, or even absorb stretch. What do you think?
I don’t like SCROG. To big of a PITA to get around plants for me.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Thanks for all the replies I got. Very different from what I was expecting to hear, just goes to show there’s a million ways to skin this cat.

if anyone cares I’m leaning towards two 15 gallon pots in my tent now, should be at my door now. Jeremy Silva from BAS is always preaching bigger soil containers, so I’m just going for it.
i tried 2 15 gallon in my 2x4 and it was too much, mine are soil, organic dry amendments mixed with Nectar for the Gods. 4 3 gallon pots works great in a 2x4, even then it gets crowded

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I guess it is, but I don’t want to veg that long.
It has nothing to do with vegging. It has everything to do with the plant starving and you getting small yields because multiple plants are fighting over the same food.
Either 4 plants in 3 gal fabric pots, or 2 plants in 5 gal pots.
What's in this soil you are using? If it's organic you shouldn't be feeding it anything but water.

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Tent is 6’ and I have it set up so I can have the light 4” from the ceiling. I have a scrog net with 4” spacing I was planning to fill about 85% of the holes at about 2’6” from the ground and flip. I do worry about the height, but I felt Like more tops reduced the total height of stretch when I flipped on my first grow. And I have a second scrog with 6” holes to support if needed, or even absorb stretch. What do you think?
If you're worried about height you could always build your screen lower to the ground and bend your stems to fill it out lower to the ground and it'll give you more headway. With 8' ceiling I usually have the screen around 32" I can get my light withing 12" at peak of flower though. Light meters really help with dialing in light distance for extra headway

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

It has nothing to do with vegging. It has everything to do with the plant starving and you getting small yields because multiple plants are fighting over the same food.
Either 4 plants in 3 gal fabric pots, or 2 plants in 5 gal pots.
What's in this soil you are using? If it's organic you shouldn't be feeding it anything but water.
Your just misunderstanding the question. I’m NOT suggesting multiple plants in one pot lol

Last edited:
MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

i tried 2 15 gallon in my 2x4 and it was too much, mine are soil, organic dry amendments mixed with Nectar for the Gods. 4 3 gallon pots works great in a 2x4, even then it gets crowded
Yea my 15 gallon pots showed up and I threw them in the tent and had a chuckle. The two pots definitely fill the floor space haha 10 gallon was probably the sweet spot. Just leaning to big pot size for an easier grow

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Yea my 15 gallon pots showed up and I threw them in the tent and had a chuckle. The two pots definitely fill the floor space haha 10 gallon was probably the sweet spot. Just leaning to big pot size for an easier grow
Bigger isnt always easier. I have found it much easier to keep a good wet/dry cycle with my smaller pots. Its nice to be able to move the pots easily

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Bigger isnt always easier. I have found it much easier to keep a good wet/dry cycle with my smaller pots. Its nice to be able to move the pots easily
I feel you on that, easily the hardest skill I’ve had to learn is watering these ladies properly and I’m sure I haven’t mastered it yet haha I was thinking of doing a cover crop to help out with that at the start. I’ve also been thinking about throwing 2 city pickers in the tent (earth box) too, to take watering out of the equation. So much to try, not enough time or space haha

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Thanks for all the replies I got. Very different from what I was expecting to hear, just goes to show there’s a million ways to skin this cat.

if anyone cares I’m leaning towards two 15 gallon pots in my tent now, should be at my door now. Jeremy Silva from BAS is always preaching bigger soil containers, so I’m just going for it.
I look forward to his content every week!! I’ve learned so much from him. The way he explains just clicks and I’m probably going to go bigger myself as I do organic dry amendments.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

I look forward to his content every week!! I’ve learned so much from him. The way he explains just clicks and I’m probably going to go bigger myself as I do organic dry amendments.
Agree 100%. Started following a bunch of YouTube growers when I got into this and his content is the only stuff that keeps me interested. Good dude with a wealth of knowledge

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Agree 100%. Started following a bunch of YouTube growers when I got into this and his content is the only stuff that keeps me interested. Good dude with a wealth of knowledge
Mr Canuck is a master at editing tho I love watching his videos but he only releases every couple months for a seed to harvest vid. Grass inclass, 2x2 tent grower, and there’s more. Who are some other content creators that a may have overlooked?

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Mr Canuck is a master at editing tho I love watching his videos but he only releases every couple months for a seed to harvest vid. Grass inclass, 2x2 tent grower, and there’s more. Who are some other content creators that a may have overlooked?
Yea I love Mr Canuck as well but not as much content. Rows of Green is another organic grower I like, and Dude Grows Show is a pretty great daily show.

I just creeped your grow and I love it man, pretty much what I’m trying to do just in a 2x4 haha

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

Yes... I had 15 gallon fabric pots going this year before I abandoned them and put the ladies in the ground... it was hard to tell when they were saturated because they are soooo heavy, and moving them was a two person job... I could drag them, but that's not ideal lol.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Yea I love Mr Canuck as well but not as much content. Rows of Green is another organic grower I like, and Dude Grows Show is a pretty great daily show.

I just creeped your grow and I love it man, pretty much what I’m trying to do just in a 2x4 haha
Ya see I knew I was missing some. Roots organics terp tea Organic dry amendments, recharge, kelp meal, and living soil. Loving the results check out the white widow I just finished up. Busted out my nice light for pictures so you can see how the bud looks under some good light.
4C2B7E5D B796 454B 815E 2D28433CF908

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Ya see I knew I was missing some. Roots organics terp tea Organic dry amendments, recharge, kelp meal, and living soil. Loving the results check out the white widow I just finished up. Busted out my nice light for pictures so you can see how the bud looks under some good light. View attachment 1193856
Woooooo they look great man.
I’m popping my own white widow seeds in a few days here! now I have a nice photo to aspire too haha

chroniccowboy420

chroniccowboy420

Check out my IG, I just ran three plants in 26L pots, I think that’s about 7 Gal. (Trying to convert from US Gallons to UK litres is quite the experience). All organic dry amendments and a little brew here and there. Check out build-a-soil YT on containers, You want the most amount of soil you can in the sq ft available. I’m looking into getting a 2x4 grassroots fabric bed, perfect for building a solid soil you can rely on round after round. Good luck bro! 🙏👍

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Check out my IG, I just ran three plants in 26L pots, I think that’s about 7 Gal. (Trying to convert from US Gallons to UK litres is quite the experience). All organic dry amendments and a little brew here and there. Check out build-a-soil YT on containers, You want the most amount of soil you can in the sq ft available. I’m looking into getting a 2x4 grassroots fabric bed, perfect for building a solid soil you can rely on round after round. Good luck bro! 🙏👍
Yea Jeremy is the man. We’ve been praising him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom