My second grow, would like some input from the organic community.

• Thread starter MyGrowYo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

3 plants in 7 gal pots, or 2 in 10 gallon pots to max a 2x4 tent

• Three 7 gallon pots

• Two 10 gallon pots

Results are only viewable after voting.
MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Hello, I’m starting my second grow in a week or so and I have everything ready to go. im using a local SS called Stepwell SS, and will be top dressing Gaia Green 444 and 284 with EWC, and watering with recharge and some yucca powder, growing in a 2x4 tent.

My question is, if it was you would you grow 3 plants in 7 gallon pots or 2 plants in 10 gallon pots?

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Personally I run a 4x4 with 1 plant in each 2x4 in 10 gal containers. Just set up a trellis with 6 inch squares top to 8 split the 2 rows of 4 down the middle and direct them towards the edges when they reach the edges let them grow about 6 inches above trellis and flip. Defoliate after stretch if necessary then watch the magic happen

TSD

TSD

2×4 is probably too small for 3... 2 might even be pushing it depending on strain and what training you do... if they get too crowded they won't flourish as much as if they had space, but that's up to you.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

It’s personal preference really. Last run I did 2 plants in 10gal fabric pots with coco and I filled the tent pretty well. But I did run a longer veg time. If you don’t want to veg as long I would try the 3 plants in 7 gal pots. Should be able to fill the grow space in less time with more plants as well.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

2×4 is probably too small for 3... 2 might even be pushing it depending on strain and what training you do... if they get too crowded they won't flourish as much as if they had space, but that's up to you.
I just chopped 3 plants out of there! They were in 5 gal grow bags, definitely not monster plants but I’m trying to max my indoor space

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Thanks for all the replies I got. Very different from what I was expecting to hear, just goes to show there’s a million ways to skin this cat.

if anyone cares I’m leaning towards two 15 gallon pots in my tent now, should be at my door now. Jeremy Silva from BAS is always preaching bigger soil containers, so I’m just going for it.

freezeland2

freezeland2

For a 100% organic run with dry amendments only? something to consider I guess. But everywhere I look in regards to organics tells me go with a bigger pot
You are space limited. You could SOG 3 or 4 plants in 3g pots. I grow in living soil and you don’t need 7 or 10g pots to grow organic.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

You are space limited. You could SOG 3 or 4 plants in 3g pots. I grow in living soil and you don’t need 7 or 10g pots to grow organic.
Ok I gotcha. So I kind of just did that. Ran 3 plants in 5 gallon containers and I just wasn’t super excited with the plants growth. I know a big part is me growing for my first time and the many mistakes I made. from what I’ve been following over at BAS larger containers of soil are harder to duck up because they have a lot more buffer capacity haha

my 15 gallon pots showed up…. Their fucking huge haha

Last edited:
freezeland2

freezeland2

Ok I gotcha. So I kind of just did that. Ran 3 plants in 5 gallon containers and I just wasn’t super excited with the plants growth. I know a big part is me growing for my first time and the many mistakes I made. from what I’ve been following over at BAS larger containers of soil are harder to duck up because they have a lot more buffer capacity haha

my 15 gallon pots showed up…. Their fucking huge haha
They are big enough pots that the canopy & light source distance may be challenging to manage. How high is the tent height? There is always super cropping.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

They are big enough pots that the canopy & light source distance may be challenging to manage. How high is the tent height? There is always super cropping.
Tent is 6’ and I have it set up so I can have the light 4” from the ceiling. I have a scrog net with 4” spacing I was planning to fill about 85% of the holes at about 2’6” from the ground and flip. I do worry about the height, but I felt Like more tops reduced the total height of stretch when I flipped on my first grow. And I have a second scrog with 6” holes to support if needed, or even absorb stretch. What do you think?

Top Bottom