My seedlings don’t look right! Help!

• Thread starter Kingjosh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kingjosh

I am generally new to growing and I have a good setup going, my seeds sprouted and are out of the soil but they the tops grew to the side how can I fix this or are these sprouts useless now because they don’t face up it’s been two days now and they haven’t corrected themselves and I don’t want to touch them to stress them. Am I just being too ainxtous? Or not. So pro growers needed.1000 watt light, intake fan filter, humidity is 27-30%,18/6 cycle rn 75 degrees temp

My seedlings dont look right help
My seedlings dont look right help 2
My seedlings dont look right help 3
FTCG

FTCG

Am I just being too ainxtous?
I would say you are bring a bit anxious. Both seem to be doing fine, first one will for sure survive. Second one is iffy, but still looks hardy enough to survive.

Also 1000w watts for seedlings is about 100x too much. What light do you have?

Here is my experience from seedlings. I tend to transplant them after they are over a couple inches from a paper towel, and within hours after placing under light they are pointing up.

If you planted seeds in the soil 2 days ago, you are being impatient. I do 2 days in a paper towel, lightly saturated with water, and placed in a sealed container. Then place into the pot.

All you need for seedlings is regular soilless mix with no nutrients. Avoid hot soil mixes to allow the first set of true leaves to flourish.

You got another week or two before these guys take off.

Sit back, don't over water, and keep a stable environment. That is key. You can tell by the thick stem on these guys, that they are doing well. Sometimes you get a runt seed that takes a while. Plant more seeds to avoid and replace runts.

Good luck, not that you need it.

Perception

Perception

Is it just the one sideways, or multiple? Looks ok to me. They are sometimes irregular when they come up, but straighten out. Sometimes they’ll sit like that for a couple days, like they are adjusting to the light. I wouldn’t worry yet, unless you get to many days and nothing has happened. Maybe the light is too close?

FTCG

FTCG

Is it just the one sideways, or multiple? Looks ok to me. They are sometimes irregular when they come up, but straighten out. Sometimes they’ll sit like that for a couple days, like they are adjusting to the light. I wouldn’t worry yet, unless you get to many days and nothing has happened. Maybe the light is too close?
They seem to be liking the amount of light. I doubt it's a true 1000w LED. The plants would be yellow and the tent would be way too hot and dry.

Any issues here seems to be to strong of a soil mix, or a runt seed trying to tough it out.

K

Kingjosh

I would say you are bring a bit anxious. Both seem to be doing fine, first one will for sure survive. Second one is iffy, but still looks hardy enough to survive.

Here is my experience from seedlings. I tend to transplant them after they are over a couple inches from a paper towel, and within hours after placing under light they are pointing up.

If you planted seeds in the soil 2 days ago, you are being impatient. I do 2 days in a paper towel, lightly saturated with water, and placed in a sealed container. Then place into the pot.

All you need for seedlings is regular soilless mix with no nutrients. Avoid hot soil mixes to allow the first set of true leaves to flourish.

Sit back, don't over water, and keep a stable environment. That is key. You can tell by the thick stem on these guys, that they are doing well. Sometimes you get a runt seed that takes a while. Plant more seeds to avoid and replace runts.

No I already waited and germinated the seeds till they were about an inch and planted them the proper way up. They didn’t come out of the soil for two days after they were already cracked and sprouted sorry my termnogly is poor so it’s about 3 days now that they have been in soil all four of them bent that way and I was just afraid they won’t take the light the right way ty you calmed me a bit I just don’t want to piss down 120 doller seeds

FTCG

FTCG

Also the soil looked a bit compact to me. It may be having a hard time penetrating the soil and gaining surface area to the roots. Could be affecting the uptake of nutrient.

Are they different strains? Or all the same?

20190509 170746

Purple Chem Cookies @ 48 hours.

20190509 170836

Dream & Sour @ 48 hours

20190509 171013

Banana Jack OG, in third place @ 48 hours.

Last edited:
K

Kingjosh

They seem to be liking the amount of light. I doubt it's a true 1000w LED. The plants would be yellow and the tent would be way too hot and dry.

Any issues here seems to be to strong of a soil mix, or a runt seed trying to tough it out.
When I get home I’ll show you it’s a real 1000w I might be mistakin tho. I have been keeping it extremely moist by spraying the walls having a intake fan on having a pot filled with water and spraying the soil with a mist bottle. Maybe they didn’t pop Out because of the intensity of the 1000w ty for replying

K

Kingjosh

Also the soil looked a bit compact to me. It may be having a hard time penetrating the soil and gaining surface area to the roots. Could be affecting the uptake of nutrient.

Are they different strains? Or all the same?

I'll post somethere here in the edit in a couple mins.
They are all the same gorilla glue x white widow 25 percent thc it’s all loosely packed I just packed the soil on the top

Last edited:
K

Kingjosh

Organic soil too no nuets added I have a light mix I sprayed one time in the 5 sprayings. All ph balanced

Reactions: Ina
K

Kingjosh

The top has growen sideways on all 4 maybe it’s the seeds. Same genetics and I made sure not to over water

FTCG

FTCG

The top has growen sideways on all 4 maybe it’s the seeds. Same genetics and I made sure not to over water
Well they do this as they pop out of the soil, they kind of back their way out and pop right side up.

When I plant these seeds tomorrow, I will leave the head of the seedling out of the soil to prevent this and kind of give them a little "head start".

You seem to be in good shape. Lets see this LED when you get a chance.

Reactions: Ina
K

Kingjosh

Well they do this as they pop out of the soil, they kind of back their way out and pop right side up.

When I plant these seeds tomorrow, I will leave the head of the seedling out of the soil to prevent this and kind of give them a little "head start".

You seem to be in good shape. Lets see this LED when you get a chance.
Here is my setup and light the stems are pretty stable and look healthy idk, I will be transferring them to a 3 gallon and one mother plant in the 5 gallon I have when there ready

Madbud

Madbud

They are fine, just the cotyledon unwinding. Be patient, lightly water near the seedling til some roots develop.

K

Kingjosh

They are fine, just the cotyledon unwinding. Be patient, lightly water near the seedling til some roots develop.
Sounds good they already have a root system and I have been watering around it no on it ty for the reply

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Here's how you fix it. Roll up a fatty and burn it down until you burn your fingers. You'll be more worried about your burnt fingers. 😂

No worries, I always try and plant a dozen plus seeds to get 4-6 good seedlings. The more you start the better your chances.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

When I get home I’ll show you it’s a real 1000w I might be mistakin tho. I have been keeping it extremely moist by spraying the walls having a intake fan on having a pot filled with water and spraying the soil with a mist bottle. Maybe they didn’t pop Out because of the intensity of the 1000w ty for replying
I would stop spraying the wall and water the plants, they look dry. Also if you can turn your light down you should, look it up and see the true wattage of it

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

I would stop spraying the wall and water the plants, they look dry. Also if you can turn your light down you should, look it up and see the true wattage of it
I’m not going to stop spraying the walls it’s for humidity, the plants are definitely not underwatered or dry. There in one gallons pots so it’s a lot of soil for a seedling I’m making sure I don’t over water it or give it too much nuets. I can’t turn down the light but I have it pretty far away and they seem to be doing fine and are not strechting/ heat trouble. I have a pic of the light tag idk it that helps with finding the true wattage.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Here's how you fix it. Roll up a fatty and burn it down until you burn your fingers. You'll be more worried about your burnt fingers. 😂

No worries, I always try and plant a dozen plus seeds to get 4-6 good seedlings. The more you start the better your chances.
I would plant more but I bought a pack of 5 for 120 bucks cdn and I planted them all and they all came out like that they look a lot better today tho lol and thanks for replying i was just nervous I fked em up 😂😂 120 seeds got me stressed out

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

You ain't kidding. Seeds use to be a dime a dozen. Granted they weren't all that but we grew some good smoke back in the day. I found two seeds in a quarter of King Louie last week but one got cooked at 220 for over an hour and I don't expect it to pop and the other doesn't look like it's viable either.

I should have some seeds in a few months (Chemdog x Brutis OG F2 Indica leaning) and I've been thinking and recently discussing doing a few trades. We'll see what my girl produces and go from there.

Hang in there, shit happens, just don't let it get you down. I try not to get too attached but once I start talking to them it's pretty much over me. 🤣

Top Bottom