My seedlings have a deficiency

• Thread starter Travismilne89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thehighguy

thehighguy

Which app? I see a tad of light stress bit nothing bad. They look good.

The apps use the camera light sensor so maybe it's the phone but for shits and giggles try light meter by my mobile tools dev
i think thats the one im using, whats the main indication of light stress? my goal was to stress them a bit with the lights for potency.

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

This is what she looks like now after raising the lights and adjust the RO ph . It was at 7.5.

20200805 131954
Travismilne89

Travismilne89

These Alien OG's on the other hand haven't been affected by the light and were just as close for about half the time as the others.

20200806 082654
20200806 082704
Travismilne89

Travismilne89

They all seem to be doing far better . Week 3 and I feel like they should be larger . Any comments would be appreciated. The group of 4 mostly lemon haze haven't sucked up much water but the 2 alien OG by themselves are growing quick and sucking everything down and other then having a hard time getting my RO water ph down from 7.5 everything seems good now.

20200810 111446
20200810 111438
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

All seedlings look watered too often. The tan perlite is from oxidation (rust) and should be mostly white and the ribbed speed bump appearance and other leaf stress look moisture related.

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

Other than a time or two , ive let them get light and dry before watering again but do you think my humidity should be lower? I keep the humidity between 40 and 60 %
Also do you think they would benefit now from a transplant into the final bucket to allow them to dry out a bit and stretch? or not just yet?
Thank you for your input!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Other than a time or two , ive let them get light and dry before watering again but do you think my humidity should be lower? I keep the humidity between 40 and 60 %
Also do you think they would benefit now from a transplant into the final bucket to allow them to dry out a bit and stretch? or not just yet?
Thank you for your input!

Well never transplant unless healthy. Humidity is fine and not a huge factor in my opinion. I try to keep mine under 60% to avoid mold and mildew.

And dry like 3/4 down the pot not just a knuckle. It should feel the weight almost of an unwatered dry pot of soil.

My seedlings go at least a week between watering to saturation and a little runoff the first couple times.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

So for the seedlings you do all your nutrients together in one weekly watering ? I thought I might be overwatering so ill back off on that.

Why are you feeding nutrients? That orange perlite is a dead giveaway your feeding them something. Seedlings grown in coco wouldn't need any nutrients for a week or two of healthy growth, like 3 sets of developed leaves. Seedlings grown in fox farm shouldn't need extra nutrients for 2 months.

Those seedlings would get about 3-4 squirts of water from a hand sprayer, every other day, in my garden. Not even a real watering at that size.

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

I appreciate the criticism ! There is to much miss information out there that I cant keep it all correct. They mostly all say to keep the soil moist but I have allowed them to dry out the last few days and even cut the humidity to 30% (basically nothing extra)
Will the ocean forest likely get me through the entire veg? First grow ever. No such thing as enough research but at the same time sometimes there's just to much incorrect information.

I have a PPM tester now so im assuming ill find the PPM very high on runoff without adding any nutrients?
Do you think I should be adjusting my RO water from 7.5-8 down to 6.2-6.5?

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

I am not sure if the plants are doing well or not considering its been about a month since sprout and they are a bit short. I've backed the lights off alot and slowing introduced more light. I think I should move the lights closer now but again not sure. I developed a spider mite problem but immediately ran and made a mixture of neem oil to water and sprayed under all the leaves right before sun down. Sofar it hasn't helped but its been a few days. I treated all of them . Atleast 3 of them already have the mites.

Any input is appreciated! Sofar I feel like some of your comments are the only reason they are still alive.

20200824 234239
Travismilne89

Travismilne89

When I feed , I water the soil. When I just water them I fill the reservoir.

Latest posts

Top Bottom