My soil has already all the nutrients the plant needs. Do I need to add some more later on?

• Thread starter mikkel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikkel

mikkel

Since the soil already contains all the nutrients, do I still need to add more?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Since the soil already contains all the nutrients, do I still need to add more?
My soil...Promix has enough goodies in it for my plants for about 3 weeks...after that I feed General Hydroponics 3 part flora system following the feed guide on the bottle...Do you want a simple grow? OR are you going to start adding egg shells, fish bones & other stinky stuff to the dirt hoping it will give you buds you want to smoke?....I jest.....But there are 101 different ways to grow and growing in just plain old good dirt will get you something.....if that's what you want but adding proper nutes through what ever means you choose will get you bigger badder buds in the end.😄...GL
😄😄

2Bad

2Bad

Dear Mikki,
Start listening to your plants. You can always add nutrients based on a schedule but watch how your plants respond. They are telling you loads of information.
This! even though I just gave you a recipe your nutrients can run out early for any number of reasons.

for example if you water until runoff you're rinsing out nutrients.

another reason would be genetics might demand more of a nutrient so it'll use up the nutrients a lil quicker.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I agree that it's best to get to know the plants. Part of that is understanding what they need and when they need it. Young plants (seedling stage) may only need light, warmth and moisture. As they grow bigger (vegetative stage), their need for nutrients, light and water increases. Then, in the reproductive stage, the plant's needs are different than they were in the vegetative stage.

Top Bottom