my stuff got really dry last night but not the stems

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

If you have to cut it off the stem, its too wet for jars imo. Brown paper bags are your friend.
the reason was the humidity in the room was down in the 40's and the outside was feeling really dry i will take them out

growsince79

growsince79

the reason was the humidity in the room was down in the 40's and the outside was feeling really dry i will take them out
Thats why after a few days you put them in bag. Open and turn every day until the bud breaks off. Then its ready to jar.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah its really hard to advise when Im not there to touch the product. Its kind of a feel thing. One persons "dry" might be another persons "still a bit wet" so just going off pics and descriptions is kind of difficult. Those Boveda bags kick ass they do help keep a target percentage I use them all the time. They should help for sure.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

well i have brown paper bags lunch bag size i actually bought to dry smoke in maybe it is just the dry heat and that it all happen over night

growsince79

growsince79

well i have brown paper bags lunch bag size i actually bought to dry smoke in maybe it is just the dry heat and that it all happen over night
The old grocery store brown bags are best. Cut to length and don't jar until they snap off.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i really think it got to dry the other night you wouldnt need to cut it to roll it just crumble it with your fingers but the stems were still moist . so i went ahead and put it in jars i put a hygrometer in one of the jars rh was 44 rh after 3 hours i will post pics later i got 2.5 oz off of 1 autoflower

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

20201118 222431

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

so i got the rh in the jar 57 to and 61 rh using boveda 62 rh pack.it still smells like hay

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

so i did try and smoke one tasted like hay and not really much of a buzz did it getting so dry fuck it up

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i put a piece of apple peeling in each jar last night this morning buds were feeling alot better and rh was 71 in the jar i removed the boveda packs and the apple peeling this morning and smoked another one i got a buzz of that . so maybe in another week or two it will smell more like weed and have the pineapple taste

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

So I put this lol bit in a jar after we talked and this is what my hygrometer says View attachment 1056724
If that is a sample of what you have hanging then you've nailed it.

Personally i like to start the cure a little higher, say 65 to 66 using two or three of those cheap Chinese things. I have quite a bit sitting in cvaults from harvest 6 weeks ago sitting at 62 to 64% with no boveda.

You can start with high humidity and bring it down but you can't bring it up.

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

If that is a sample of what you have hanging then you've nailed it.

Personally i like to start the cure a little higher, say 65 to 66 using two or three of those cheap Chinese things. I have quite a bit sitting in cvaults from harvest 6 weeks ago sitting at 62 to 64% with no boveda.

You can start with high humidity and bring it down but you can't bring it up.
Bovida ....where would we be without Amazon!!!!

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

i put a piece of apple peeling in each jar last night this morning buds were feeling alot better and rh was 71 in the jar i removed the boveda packs and the apple peeling this morning and smoked another one i got a buzz of that . so maybe in another week or two it will smell more like weed and have the pineapple taste
Fingers are crossed 🤞 for you!

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Bovida ....where would we be without Amazon!!!!
when i put the apple peels in there i took the boveda out right now my humidity is around 67 rh buds feel ok now but still has a hay sometimes pepper smell i am hoping the cure can still proceed and i get some weed smell and pineapple taste

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

when i put the apple peels in there i took the boveda out right now my humidity is around 67 rh buds feel ok now but still has a hay sometimes pepper smell i am hoping the cure can still proceed and i get some weed smell and pineapple taste
That is great news. Are the jars in the dark?

Top Bottom