My tent is too hot (93*F)

• Thread starter illmatik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
illmatik

illmatik

I've got a 4x8 tent. I've recently added two GeekBeast Pro lights.

I'm running the lights at 70% power and my tent is at 92*F. I have a 6 inch exhaust fan running at full speed venting directly out the window of the room the tent is in. The ambient temp of the room is about 80-82*F.

The tent has a big circulating fan moving air under the lights. Plants are still in veg so I've disconnected the carbon filter from the exhaust fan to see if it may be restricting airflow, but didn't seem to do much.

The intake is passive as I've got the 4 vent flaps on the bottom of the tent open. Do I need an intake fan to push more fresh air into the tent? Or is the better, easier way to ventilate and expel the heat in there?

growsince79

growsince79

New

I'm running the lights at 70% power and my tent is at 92*F. I have a 6 inch exhaust fan running at full speed venting directly out the window of the room the tent is in. The ambient temp of the room is about 80-82*F.

The tent has a big circulating fan moving air under the lights. Plants are still in veg so I've disconnected the carbon filter from the exhaust fan to see if it may be restricting airflow, but didn't seem to do much.

The intake is passive as I've got the 4 vent flaps on the bottom of the tent open. Do I need an intake fan to push more fresh air into the tent? Or is the better, easier way to ventilate and expel the heat in there?
new air is already goimg in as fast as you can exhaust. You need an ac.

illmatik

illmatik

The house has central A/C... right now the bedroom is at 79* but the tent is at 91*

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
lights on just open up the doors a bit but DONT FORGET to close it up at night time.. a quick fix till something better..

growsince79

growsince79

lights on just open up the doors a bit but DONT FORGET to close it up at night time.. a quick fix till something better..
Then the heat goes into the room instead of outside-so not much help. Portable ac

Anthem

Anthem

Soory to hear about the problem. Can you try a quick experiment? Can you drop the lights to 50 percent output and see if it makes a difference. I took a quick look at the lights, they appear to be a Fluence Syder 2I knock off. What others are seeing with some of the knock off lights is excessive heat. The heat is a Bi-product of the lights possibly.

illmatik

illmatik

Heat is definitely reduced when it's brought down to 50%. But the output is noticeably lower, at least to the naked eye. I would like to get the most out of my lights when it gets to flower stage.

euphoria526

euphoria526

ok well drops mine when needed by 10 degrees.
mine helps from anywhere in the 5-30ºf depending on if the ac is just turned on or has been running for awhile. Thinking of zip tying some ducting to my AC and direct it to the tent.

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

if you can direct airflow over the lights you can cool more.. is exhaust near the top?

illmatik

illmatik

Exhaust is at the top of the tent. I only have one circular fan blowing from under the lights upwards, but I can try adding a second fan above the lights too.

illmatik

illmatik

Well feeling a little dumb but also relieved. I had my thermometers on top of a black bucket lid. The lid was soaking up heat from the light and giving me bad measurements.

I hung the thermometer canopy level and my actual ambient temps are around 86-88*F. I took some leaf temperatures using an IR gun and they range from 70-78*.

Looks like I don't need any cooling :)

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hey man, I too had excessive heat problems. But that was in a 4x4 with 720w meijiu. Which had too short cables to relocate drivers outside the tent. The fan was a rvk sileo 125mm but it does not manage that heat.

Have been looking for cables. Been in contact with meijiu about it. They told me they cant get me longer cables but they can fix longer cables on eventual new purchases.. thats poor service

Latest posts

Top Bottom