my theory would be that you can flower successfully under 4/4, 6/6 or 8/8 light cycles

• Thread starter GreenGalaxyFarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

I have seen growers post about trying to shorten up nights and stay in flower - no reveg. While there is no hard fast rule and strains matter, in general anything under 10 hours full dark seems to be problematic. Plant health and other factors apply...

I can't help thinking there are so many other ways to tune the grow that clearly work, this one seems less appealing to attempt. I need to go back and read the solo cup thread, not clear to me if observationist tried this and succeeded or not. Can anyone demonstrate success with something like 4/4 or 6/6?
Have not in flower....yet...

does work in veg.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Have not in flower....yet...

does work in veg.
Yup definitely will work in veg and if the spectrum ratios are done right it may… just maybe give some benefit…. as i said earlier we are not there yet in terms of the science that shows it definitively. Rather a lot of theory and bias observations is where we are as of yet.

in truth i strongly think even if we were there that the benefit would not be worth the effort

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

No its dependant on the hormon florigen produced from light cycle periods not spectrum. Afaik unless you have some new updated science im unaware of
really trying to do complete research but everything i find end up being inconclusive or focus on human study not plant..
''phytohormones respond differently to spectrum-associated regulatory effects'' is where im at,when I know more...
for now only that florigen is involved in signalling flowering there are much more hormones at play

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

so no evidence that less than 8 hours lights on (4/4 and 6/6) accelerates primordia formation
spectrum and temperature with 8/8 on may still work?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

“There is a well-defined network of receptor proteins and transcription factors that mediate ethylene signalling in plants. This ethylene signalling pathway promotes circadian rhythms by acting on the clock-regulating genes, GIGANTEA, which is also regulated by sugar.

“We found that ethylene reduced the circadian period, but this effect was blocked by sugar.”

''.. there are other ‘clocks’ that respond to longer time-scales, like seasonal cycles, and these long-term ageing processes, which are heavily influenced by ethylene, could be impacted by disruptions to circadian clocks.

“By manipulating these we could fine-tune development rates to optimise crop yields or shelf-life,” he says.

“Bananas, for example, are cut green to reduce damage during transport and then shipped around the world. Once they reach their destination, they are often sprayed with ethylene to ripen them.

from: https://pursuit.unimelb.edu.au/articles/the-chemical-that-tells-plants-when-it-s-time-to-sleep

legitness

legitness

What the bloody hell is going on haha everyone seems to know what’s happening

You run 4 on 4 off all day ?? Why do ya get 4days growth in 1 day or summing lol

durbankid

durbankid

why just why 12/12 for flower anything longer for veg
i have never been to another planet where the sun sets and rises every 4 hours
i really think some have way to much time on there hands and by the sound of it too much lsd taken

Latest posts

Top Bottom