my theory would be that you can flower successfully under 4/4, 6/6 or 8/8 light cycles

• Thread starter GreenGalaxyFarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

''The time taken to form primordia varies with the length of the inductive photoperiod. Given 10 hours per day of light a strain may only take 10 days to flower, whereas if given 16 hours per day it may take up to 90 days. Inductive photoperiods of less than 8 hours per day do not seem to accelerate primordia formation. Dark (night) cycles must be uninterrupted to induce flowering''
from: Marijuana Botany An Advanced - Robert Connell Clarke

In practice has anyone done this successfully? Im not finding much information on flowering cannabis in such a short period and am also wondering if this extract is suggesting that 8 hours on promote flowering fastest.

Observationist

Observationist

ive started to experiment with this. ive briefly done 2/2,

i veg 4/2. ive tried 6/2 veg as well.

i need more time to try the 2/2 flower, i could try 4/4 or 6/6 as well.

they are more prone to getting stressed and throwing single finger leafs, also.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

ive started to experiment with this. ive briefly done 2/2,
you switched light cycles during this time and never concluded results for your time running 2/2?
i need more time to try the 2/2 flower, i could try 4/4 or 6/6 as well.
personally 6/6 appeals to my ocd. not running 24h cycles would cause issue for me more so than my plants

Observationist

Observationist

you switched light cycles during this time and never concluded results for your time running 2/2?

personally 6/6 appeals to my ocd. not running 24h cycles would cause issue for me more so than my plants
I used 2/2 for a little before I went into flower with the 5x5

They started stretching like crazy.

Observationist

Observationist

It definitely works for veg, but I think it absolutely has to be uninterrupted darkness for flower hormones to kick in.

I like using 4/2 but I've recently switched to 16hrs straight in the 2x4 to see.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I used 2/2 for a little before I went into flower with the 5x5

They started stretching like crazy.
Could you observe the stretch on a daily basis, more than 2 A'' daily?
2/2 sounds so ineffective if you consider you are waking the plant up and putting her back to sleep with not much time for photosynthesis in between events. but who knows I surely have no experience in this or willing to risk spare equipment to test it personally
I like using 4/2 but I've recently switched to 16hrs straight in the 2x4 to see.
16hrs, you try to stay clear of following the norm when it comes to cycles, interesting. could you explain why 16h and not 18h

Observationist

Observationist

Could you observe the stretch on a daily basis, more than 2 A'' daily?
2/2 sounds so ineffective if you consider you are waking the plant up and putting her back to sleep with not much time for photosynthesis in between events. but who knows I surely have no experience in this or willing to risk spare equipment to test it personally

16hrs, you try to stay clear of following the norm when it comes to cycles, interesting. could you explain why 16h and not 18h
Its about DLI as well.

Daily light integral.

I just give them more light over the 16hr period compared to say someone doing 18, slightly more intense

Same thing with 4/2 or 6/2 or whatever, you'd have to increase the intensity with shorter hours.

Yes they stretched quickly .

Last edited:
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

In practice has anyone done this successfully? Im not finding much information on flowering cannabis in such a short period and am also wondering if this extract is suggesting that 8 hours on promote flowering fastest.
As soon as I saw the topic I knew it was you. 👍

As you know I’ve used 6/2 for veg and what I call pre-veg. (They sit in veg under low light until the flower zone is available.)

Once a plant makes it to flower I’m reluctant to muck with it. 😟

Last edited:
E

elusiveshame

I'd be willing to bet that you won't get good results trying to flower with interrupted darkness.

If 5 mins of light during the night cycle can hermie your plant, what would interrupting darkness every few hours do? My guess is it wouldn't ever reach the flowering stage, and if it did, it'd either hermie or reveg shortly after.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

You found you needed to increase lighting when under 6/2 cycle?
im currently doing 10/2 at 'friend' and 18/6 myself. i dont increase as the veg period is long and believe other issues arise such as mould with long dark periods and less dark period would result in wasted deductions by means of electric bill

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
the best i can remember is telling my wife yesterday that i she cannot expect me to remember exactly how a conversation went from days ago, by tomorrow id have forgotten that exchange of words as well
good on you then for remembering
#journalsarethekey
Hey it 's an interesting topic but I don't get the purpose of fixing a round wheel.. You're really only talking about these hours through veg....right?......You don't really want to fk with flower times do you? It works so good at 12 hrs of dark and interrupting it is a recipe for hermies.

So if its veg periods that your trying to adjust the hours then what is the desired outcome...taller ? thicker? wider plants? ??? I've found red light stretches them and blue keeps them short so what is the idea of 2/2 or 4/4 or any of the manipulations of their light schedule ....

Hey, I'm just asking...not trying to be a smart ass. If you've learned something from these experiments I'm all ears. I'm just trying to figure out the goal of the experiments because 18/6 and 12/12 works pretty well

Asks the guy who's trying to reveg an auto....lol

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

You don't really want to fk with flower times do you? It works so good at 12 hrs of dark and interrupting it is a recipe for hermies.
flower and fruit bearing plants are grown under weird parameters all the time, even nasa invests into this research. i was just trying to get to cannabis specifically. i do plan to fk with 4/4 when ive got the 80percent indica going as a mother not doing sativas in tents thats a crime

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

So if its veg periods that your trying to adjust the hours then what is the desired outcome...taller ? thicker? wider plants? ???
the environment inside serves a purpose to supply clones for future transplant to outside,
I've found red light stretches them and blue keeps them
correct spectrum does have this influence on growth
short so what is the idea of 2/2 or 4/4 or any of the manipulations of their light schedule ....
a +-200sqft room in late flower take a lot of patience to get to, if 4/4 8/8/ 10/10 or any of these cycles work in achieving earlier flower and ripening and as a result more harvests but without suffering yield. I would like to know about it and be doing it myself. in essence it comes down to questioning the norm

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
the environment inside serves a purpose to supply clones for future transplant to outside,

correct spectrum does have this influence on growth

a +-200sqft room in late flower take a lot of patience to get to, if 4/4 8/8/ 10/10 or any of these cycles work in achieving earlier flower and ripening and as a result more harvests but without suffering yield. I would like to know about it and be doing it myself. in essence it comes down to questioning the norm
Isn't it day light hours DLR or some other acronym like that determines a plants growth. I've been told by an expert grower that we can increase a plants lighting at the end of their flower period for up to 7 - 10 days to improve their performance with bigger heavier buds by going to 18/6 without risking revegging by increasing its DLR(?)

I'm just trying to get my head around this but.......if 4+4+4 =12 and 6+6=12 , 2+4+2+4 =12.......isn't it all the same just except fking with the plants sleep and wake?

Top Bottom