My Very First Grow, 3x3 Grow Tent w/ 315W CMH

• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
XxHammer

XxHammer

Ya man I’m excited for my next run already since now I have everything I need to do it proper. Each grow I gonna get better and better. My girlfriends mom is now letting me set up a grow over there as well so I’ll have another project I’ll be posting about soon. I’m also going for the outdoor guerilla grow so by the time it’s said and done I’ll have 2x 5 plant indoor grows and a 5 plant outdoor grow. Excited to start these new projects!!

Right on man!... I am getting ready to put together a solid plan and make sure my next living situation can accommodate. I am trying to figure out if it would be better to have 2 Grow Rooms that just run independently from Start to Finish or have 1 Veg Room and 1 Flower Room. ... I will likely make a thread about this in another section of the forum... as that will also play into what type of lighting I decide to go with

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Right on man!... I am getting ready to put together a solid plan and make sure my next living situation can accommodate. I am trying to figure out if it would be better to have 2 Grow Rooms that just run independently from Start to Finish or have 1 Veg Room and 1 Flower Room. ... I will likely make a thread about this in another section of the forum... as that will also play into what type of lighting I decide to go with
I’m playing around with the same ideas. No matter what I’m going to be staggering my other grow. I want a veg room but my legal limit is 5 and at the moment I have to stick to it bc of my living situation. I’ll be in my own house this summer and then I’ll have 3 separate 5 plant indoor grows. I’m living with dad my at the moment and he’s going to continue to let me grow even when I move out as long as I keep him supplied and pay a portion of the electric. Ya man bc all that veg time could be partially cut out if I have multiple grows. I’m getting clones to stock my girl friends grow so I may do the for awhile since the place I plan to go to has clones and teen plants that have been topped once already. I really want to pheno hunt and have a mother or two one day.

ChesterCheeba

ChesterCheeba

This is my first time with a Scrog and probably my last. Its fun and all but it makes it so difficult to care for all my plants properly. I was bored and decided to do a run as a scrog for giggles, while other room finishes out. Best of luck with your ladies mate.
5F1383A2 417F 4B43 BC7B 15A0FB551BFA

XxHammer

XxHammer

I really had no intentions of using a Net at all but then the people of this forum convinced me to do it.... And since this is my first grow, I am definitely considering more experienced growers advice... but I agree, it does make caring for the plants more difficult and I will not be doing this method when I have a full size room to utilize. So I will need to learn another method to support overweight branches

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
What day of flower are you on? I notice a lot of space in between nodes on the lower part of the plant maybe due to light height? If I recall you said that’s a 3x3 tent that doesn’t seem like a lot of space for 4 plants but looks like you’re pulling it off so far. I’m going to be flipping to flower next week at around 45 days from seed. Next run hopefully I’ll be flowering sooner but thankfully these are photoperiods and I can just veg longer until I’m ready. Curious to see what kind of yield you can squeeze out of that 3x3.

XxHammer

XxHammer

What day of flower are you on? I notice a lot of space in between nodes on the lower part of the plant maybe due to light height? If I recall you said that’s a 3x3 tent that doesn’t seem like a lot of space for 4 plants but looks like you’re pulling it off so far. I’m going to be flipping to flower next week at around 45 days from seed. Next run hopefully I’ll be flowering sooner but thankfully these are photoperiods and I can just veg longer until I’m ready. Curious to see what kind of yield you can squeeze out of that 3x3.

Im 2 days ahead of you. So im on Day 44 today. 43 when that was taken

My light stays at about 2 ft. Above canopy

Me too. Im hoping for at least 6oz.

growsince79

growsince79

I really had no intentions of using a Net at all but then the people of this forum convinced me to do it.... And since this is my first grow, I am definitely considering more experienced growers advice... but I agree, it does make caring for the plants more difficult and I will not be doing this method when I have a full size room to utilize. So I will need to learn another method to support overweight branches
Once I started using silica, the colas haven't needed support- except for one lanky Tahoe. It works great.

elneandy

elneandy

Just a little update---->So today I did a little test on Plant #5, the runt. I wanted to check on the progress of root structure and moisture content of my soil (As I prep for Transplanting) and realized that I need to do a better job of watering my plants. I took the plant completely out of the soil as if I were going to perform a Transplant. The soil was bone dry, saw dust dry after about 1/2 way down the pot. I have been using a sprayer, so tonight I am going to switch up my watering methods and use a watering can and give them a good soaking until I see runoff. I had been avoiding this early on as I was told misting was better, but at Day 12-13, I think they are ready for real waterings which will help the roots expand more (at least this is the goal).
Hi Bro,

Nice tent setup! Nice feedback on watering methods! Good luck with your ladies, indoor looks great.

Greetings from Patagonia.

growsince79

growsince79

Im 2 days ahead of you. So im on Day 44 today. 43 when that was taken

My light stays at about 2 ft. Above canopy

Me too. Im hoping for at least 6oz.
Most of today's strains make a lot more than 1 oz/sqft. 6 oz in a 3x3 is a fail. 9 oz min to be decent. 18oz is a bumper crop.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Most of today's strains make a lot more than 1 oz/sqft. 6 oz in a 3x3 is a fail. 9 oz min to be decent. 18oz is a bumper crop.

I will say it again. This is my first grow. I will be happy if I hit 6oz. Anything above that is bonus.

Id rather set my expectations low.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Hi Bro,

Nice tent setup! Nice feedback on watering methods! Good luck with your ladies, indoor looks great.

Greetings from Patagonia.

Thank you!

Things have gone mostly smoothly so far.. Just dealing with the one issue with the one plant having the rust spots and 1 plant that was more stunted but other than that things are progressing well.

I cant wait to start seeing some more changes..

elneandy

elneandy

Thank you!

Things have gone mostly smoothly so far.. Just dealing with the one issue with the one plant having the rust spots and 1 plant that was more stunted but other than that things are progressing well.

I cant wait to start seeing some more changes..
You’re welcome

Did you concluded that the issue you had was due to poor watering practices?
so far your plants looks great!!

XxHammer

XxHammer

You’re welcome

Did you concluded that the issue you had was due to poor watering practices?
so far your plants looks great!!

No I havent. Because it was only with 1 out of 4 plants. I think it has more to do with the 3 main colas on that plant vs. 2 colas on the others

Thank you for the kind words

XxHammer

XxHammer

I think I found an issue.

I had been mixing my water solution and then storing it and using it when needed... Doing this every 7-10 days. I have since learned to NOT do this.

Bbonez

Bbonez

I think I found an issue.

I had been mixing my water solution and then storing it and using it when needed... Doing this every 7-10 days. I have since learned to NOT do this.

I emailed HGV and asked them how long their products could be mixed together and I was told there is no limit. Just keep a lid on it so water doesn't evaporate making the feed too strong. What kind of feed were you using?

XxHammer

XxHammer

I emailed HGV and asked them how long their products could be mixed together and I was told there is no limit. Just keep a lid on it so water doesn't evaporate making the feed too strong. What kind of feed were you using?

Interesting. Im using General Organics BioThrive Bloom and their CaMg+

XxHammer

XxHammer

20210514 201130

Update pictures to come in a day or two.

Got the rust spots again. So I am actually now leaning towards Nute Burn. Cause it happens right after watering each time (the past 2 feeds)...

So I am going to do a new water solution tonight, cut my Bloom in half and might even do Light Grow also. I have the General Organics set of BioThrive Grow and Bloom.

So im thinking CaMg + Light Bloom + Light Grow ... Thoughts? ( I am 2 weeks into Flower)

Latest posts

Top Bottom