My Very First Grow, 3x3 Grow Tent w/ 315W CMH

• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Your plants are looking good too man! You, me, and Impulsive all have plants right around the same time... I am a little bit ahead of you both in Flower. My plants are on Day 47-48, Day 15 of Flower... I will be posting pics here in a few hours when the lights pop on (8pm-8am cycle)... My ladies have definitely started to show their flowers :)
Ya man I can’t wait to see everyone’s progress as time goes I love this whole grow your own scene and this forum besides a few trolls here and there lol

XxHammer

XxHammer

D48a
D48D16
Day48Flower16

Day 16 of Flower... The ladies are starting to show some flowers :)

D

dspucch

Your plants are looking good too man! You, me, and Impulsive all have plants right around the same time... I am a little bit ahead of you both in Flower. My plants are on Day 47-48, Day 15 of Flower... I will be posting pics here in a few hours when the lights pop on (8pm-8am cycle)... My ladies have definitely started to show their flowers :)
I see the pre-flower nodes on mine, luckily theyre all females.thank goodness, im doing 5pm to 5am, so when i get home from work i can take care of them and then leave em be.

XxHammer

XxHammer

20210517 234117
20210517 234125
20210517 234041
20210517 234153

Day 17-18 of Flower.... The plants fully rebounded after being taken back to just plain water with CaMg+ ... So I will try doing try the "Bloom," again but at 1/2 the amount I was feeding when they were apparently taking some Nute Burn.

9 week Flowering time for this strain... Love opening my tent each evening at 8pm :)

Finally getting the watering down.

Need to start researching how to Harvest, Dry and Cure. I have looked at the basics but I know there is a lot more to this... I want to make sure I utilize my clippings/trim for edibles :)

growsince79

growsince79

View attachment 1125622View attachment 1125623View attachment 1125621View attachment 1125624

Day 17-18 of Flower.... The plants fully rebounded after being taken back to just plain water with CaMg+ ... So I will try doing try the "Bloom," again but at 1/2 the amount I was feeding when they were apparently taking some Nute Burn.

9 week Flowering time for this strain... Love opening my tent each evening at 8pm :)

Finally getting the watering down.

Need to start researching how to Harvest, Dry and Cure. I have looked at the basics but I know there is a lot more to this... I want to make sure I utilize my clippings/trim for edibles :)
I don't see any nutes burn. I see hungry plants with small, stunted buds due to all the best leaves cut off.

XxHammer

XxHammer

I don't see any nutes burn. I see hungry plants with small, stunted buds due to all the best leaves cut off.

That would be because 95% of the leafs that had nute burn were cut off.

The plants were just watered yesterday (Sunday Night)... I have been going 4 days between watering now, which seems to be working.

Next feed will be RO water + 2 teaspoons of CaMg+ per gallon (heavy feed) + 1teaspoon per gallon of BioThrive Grow + 1teaspoon per gallon BioThrive Bloom (both these are 1/2 the recommended Light Feed).... Not sure if it is too late in the Grow to be giving them the BioThrive Grow or not

Once a fan leaf suffers nute burn it can not become healthy again, right? It is best to just cut that leaf off and save the plant from wasting energy?

Before the rust-spots would show the day after watering.

growsince79

growsince79

The plants were just watered yesterday (Sunday Night)... I have been going 4 days between watering now, which seems to be working.

Next feed will be RO water + 2 teaspoons of CaMg+ per gallon (heavy feed) + 1teaspoon per gallon of BioThrive Grow + 1teaspoon per gallon BioThrive Bloom (both these are 1/2 the recommended Light Feed).... Not sure if it is too late in the Grow to be giving them the BioThrive Grow or not

Once a fan leaf suffers nute burn it can not become healthy again, right? It is best to just cut that leaf off and save the plant from wasting energy?

It wasn't nutes burn. It was lockout from improper watering.imo. a couple lil spots on a leaf is no reason to cut it off.

D

dspucch

Hammer, I water mine every couple of days, once i notice that they need water, ill do cal/mag ive noticed that mine have started to take 2-3 gallons total for all 5 plants. Then a few days later when they need to be watered (I dont let them get dry where the dirt is brown) i add my nutrients with cal/mag.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Hammer, I water mine every couple of days, once i notice that they need water, ill do cal/mag ive noticed that mine have started to take 2-3 gallons total for all 5 plants. Then a few days later when they need to be watered (I dont let them get dry where the dirt is brown) i add my nutrients with cal/mag.

Yeah about the same here. when I watered them the other day (at the 4 day mark, I usually water every 3 days), each plant took almost 1gal of water. I am also not in 5gal pots, but 3.6gal pots. Makes a difference in terms of the amount of soil and it's carry capacity for full saturation.

So you do not add nutrients to your water every single time you water? you do every other watering? maybe that was part of my problem too, and why I was getting nute burn. I was watering with CaMg and "heavy feed," of BioThrive Bloom on every single feed single it started Flowering 19 days ago (so probably 5 feeds)... I will try skipping a feed like you do.

D

dspucch

Yeah about the same here. when I watered them the other day (at the 4 day mark, I usually water every 3 days), each plant took almost 1gal of water. I am also not in 5gal pots, but 3.6gal pots. Makes a difference in terms of the amount of soil and it's carry capacity for full saturation.

So you do not add nutrients to your water every single time you water? you do every other watering? maybe that was part of my problem too, and why I was getting nute burn. I was watering with CaMg and "heavy feed," of BioThrive Bloom on every single feed single it started Flowering 19 days ago (so probably 5 feeds)... I will try skipping a feed like you do.
Yeah, i follow the foxfarm guide, once a week add nutrients, and cal/mag is every time i water (on the back of the bottle)

XxHammer

XxHammer

Yeah, i follow the foxfarm guide, once a week add nutrients, and cal/mag is every time i water (on the back of the bottle)

I should have went with FoxFarm nutes. I didn't even know they had a line.

I ended up with General Organics BioThrive Grow and Bloom... And CaMg+... So 3 total.

I will cut back the nutes back to every other feeding. The ladies are looking much better and "happier," since I cut it out of the last watering.

D

dspucch

I should have went with FoxFarm nutes. I didn't even know they had a line.

I ended up with General Organics BioThrive Grow and Bloom... And CaMg+... So 3 total.

I will cut back the nutes back to every other feeding. The ladies are looking much better and "happier," since I cut it out of the last watering.
hopefully it works out for you!!! cant wait to see!

XxHammer

XxHammer

Pictures to come later tonight or tomorrow. I checked the plants yesterday and some fan leafs are now showing signs of cal deficiency... They are scheduled to be watered tonight or possibly tomorrow and will be getting CaMg+ added in as usual... Can/Should I add epsom salt to their feed?

Plants are at Day 21 of Flower :)

XxHammer

XxHammer

20210522 204346
20210522 204404
20210522 205416
20210522 205430

I did manage to bend and weave that super tall part in the middle down. So there is a more even canopy now....

How do I fix my Cal deficiency? Spray leafs with an epsom salt + water spray?

I just watered last might with CaMg so I am hoping that helps but I have been seeing this deficiency more now.... So I may need some source for additional Ca between feedings

Thanks

Will try to remember a new picture when lights come on. Im really not a fan of this 8pm-8am cycle.

Top Bottom