My Very First Grow, 3x3 Grow Tent w/ 315W CMH

• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

i think the easy thing to do would be to fim it, wait a little bit, fim those (that gives you 4 "main" cola) then you can bend stuff around.

fimming is just pinching the very tiny bit of new growth. you can do this now
But wait! is that lst or hst and who the fuck gets to decide? LOL

growsince79

growsince79

Thank you sir.

That makes much sense.

If you were to Top instead, when would YOU top? after the 4th or 5th node?

For a first time grower, what is easier on the plant? Tying or Topping?
I would top after 4. then in a couple days remove the bottom 4 branches and leaves. Then I would top the two top branches after the third node. Then veg at least a week befor flip.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I would top after 4. then in a couple days remove the bottom 4 branches and leaves. Then I would top the two top branches after the third node. Then veg at least a week befor flip.
That's a solid, proven method. Thoes bottom branches are gonna hurt yirlds, reduce airflow, risk disease.......

XxHammer

XxHammer

I think I am going to top after the 4th node as suggested by a couple people now. I want to do a little more research as I like to compare information from different sources but you guys are my most trusted source of information :)

So if I top the plant, I do not also bend it to do LST tying correct?

Madbud

Madbud

The least stressful is FIM, similar to topping but without pinching the stalk. It stands for F*ck I Missed and is done by pinching the top 3/4 of the newest set of leaves. Instead of two branches in topping, you get four.

growsince79

growsince79

I think I am going to top after the 4th node as suggested by a couple people now. I want to do a little more research as I like to compare information from different sources but you guys are my most trusted source of information :)

So if I top the plant, I do not also bend it to do LST tying correct?
Its your plant, you can do anything or nothing to train. What is your goal in training? Are you trying to keep them short? Are you after maximum yield, or maximum relative yield? Do you want huge trees? Do you just want pretty plants?

XxHammer

XxHammer

No real specific goal other than a healthy harvest. Not necessarily maximum yield. I just want a good learning experience and not to overwhelm myself with too much or my plants. I can do more as I become more experienced. I am going to Top them. It is just a matter of deciding the best time now. Whether I go ahead and do it tonight or wait another day.

growsince79

growsince79

No real specific goal other than a healthy harvest. Not necessarily maximum yield. I just want a good learning experience and not to overwhelm myself with too much or my plants. I can do more as I become more experienced. I am going to Top them. It is just a matter of deciding the best time now. Whether I go ahead and do it tonight or wait another day.
In that case, I'd top tonight, veg 10 days and flip to 12-12. You should easily harvest enough to last you while you make more.

XxHammer

XxHammer

In that case, I'd top tonight, veg 10 days and flip to 12-12. You should easily harvest enough to last you while you make more.

Really? Only 10 more days of Veg after tonight you reckon?

I have a SCROG net but only planned on using it to help support my plants branches

growsince79

growsince79

I have a SCROG net but only planned on using it to help support my plants branches
I just saw where you are in 3 x 3. With 4 plants I'd top today and go 10 more max. Probably only 7 depending on how fast they grow.

growsince79

growsince79

You might need it to control stretch. Just depends on strain- wait and see. 3x3 is pretty small for 4 plants.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Yeah. will be interesting to see how fast they grow. I figure I want a final plant height of around 4-5 feet, sound reasonable? (I was told to flip when they get to half the size I want them to be at the end)

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah. will be interesting to see how fast they grow. I figure I want a final plant height of around 4-5 feet, sound reasonable? (I was told to flip when they get to half the size I want them to be at the end)
how tall is the tent? Never used a 315 but it probably needs at least 18" to the canopy. Another foot for the pot. Imo shorter is better, top once and use the scrog if needed. Denser buds and no larf.

growsince79

growsince79

Never grew skywalker, but I've seen og's that stretch more than I like.

XxHammer

XxHammer

20210420 190322

20210420 190601
20210420 190328

Topped them and gave them a nice watering.

Top Bottom