My Very First Grow, 3x3 Grow Tent w/ 315W CMH

• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
XxHammer

XxHammer

Thank you for taking the time to check out my thread! This is my very first time growing, so let me lay out the basics of my setup design.

3x3 Grow Tent, LUX 315W CMH Light, 4'' Ruck Exhaust Fan, Carbon Scrubber (forget the size, 15lbs), 6'' booster Intake Fan.

*As long as my plants do well and survive Veg stage, I will get an A/C unit and connect that to my tent to help bring my temps down for Flower. Right now I can only keep my Tent below 80 degrees if I keep the door open, which I am fine with during Veg. But I know this wont fly during Flower when I need my dark cycles to be 100% dark.

Aframe

Amountedexhaustfan

Aductout

Atentnlight

Afinishedtentsetup

Aexternalthermometer
Aexternalthermometer

Atentthermometer

Anutrients

Seeds are Skywalker Feminized

I will be germinating the seeds in Jiffy Seed Starter Mix in little pots with ziploc baggies over to keep humidity up, I will "Root," for about 2 weeks and then transplant my ladies into FoxFarm Ocean Forest Soil in 5-gallon pots.

My Ladies are currently 9 Days Old. I will post plant pictures to update this thread a bit later :)

Aintakefan
Aequipment
BigCube

BigCube

Nice, let's see what happens!

I tried a 315 cmh in one of my 3x3s. Even when I ran an ac unit to get the temperature down I didn't really like it.
But I hope it works out for you 👍
I gave it to my dad who has 8ft height instead of 6ft. And its rocking that corner of the room. Even with a year old bulb.

Keep us updated 👍

XxHammer

XxHammer

Thank you!

I will definitely post some pictures Sunday/Monday after I get them transplanted into soil. I am super excited for that. To me that signals the start of my Veg period. And it gives me the opportunity to see how well the roots of each plant are looking. I know I need to watch some more YouTube videoes on LST's and defoliation. I think spending more time just leaning the general anatomy and what things to look for will help as well

XxHammer

XxHammer

My method of Germination was to Soak seeds in water for 24-hours, then place directly into their pots containing Jiffy Natural & Organic: Seed Starter Mix (contains; perlite, coco coir, and peat moss). I did place plastic baggies over top of the pots to help boost humidity.

Day 2:
RootingD2

Day 5:
RootingD5
RootingD5a
RootingD5b

Day 7:
RootingD7

Rooting D7a

XxHammer

XxHammer

I did originally germinate 6 seeds as this was my first grow and I wasnt sure if all my seeds would succesfully germinate. All 6 did, so I did get rid of 1 plant already that was the "runt," of the group. So now we are down to 5 plants. I will be getting rid of 1 more plant after transplanting.

Day 9:
Day 9

Day 9a

Day 11 (Today, Saturday April 10th):

Rooting Day11

Rooting D11a

The original plan was to transplant them tomorrow because of my work schedule, I am off weekends, but I am thinking it might be best to wait at least a couple more days, maybe til NEXT weekend. Anyone have any thoughts? Go ahead and transplant tomorrow, or give them another 4-5 days?

XxHammer

XxHammer

I caved and got a portable A/C unit to hookup to my Grow Tent with Arizona summer coming, I just wanted my system to remain as automated as possible. And now I can hook this badboy up and have greater temperature control

20210410 164254
XxHammer

XxHammer

20210410 173528 HDR

This thing is sooo awesome. I just need to run some 4''ducting to the tent to complete the system. A little less maintenance I have to do manually and keep a little better control over my Temps.

Madbud

Madbud

Nice, soil looks good, not overwatered. I wait til the second or third set of leaves to transplant photos, don’t know about autos.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Thank you everyone for the feedback!, I am definitely going to wait another few days before making the transplant.

I also picked up some Extreme Gardening: Mykos to help with the transplanting. I didnt plan on using anything, but I watched a few YouTube videos and just about everyone used Mykos, so I figured id grab some.

Cant wait to finish getting this Portable A/C all hooked up and figure out what kind of cycle I need to run it on to maintain stable temperatures. I am excited, the temperature was my biggest concern as my job requires me to be gone for lengthy periods of time.

XxHammer

XxHammer

FinishedWithAC

I added in the Portable A/C by choice now just as I anticipate Temperature Control issues during Flower and during the Arizona summer.

I have been testing it for the l last hour or so just trying to get it dialed in, but this thing works amazingly. I need to attach the end inside the tent to some sort of Ground soffet to disperse the cool air along the floor of the tent.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Just a little update---->So today I did a little test on Plant #5, the runt. I wanted to check on the progress of root structure and moisture content of my soil (As I prep for Transplanting) and realized that I need to do a better job of watering my plants. I took the plant completely out of the soil as if I were going to perform a Transplant. The soil was bone dry, saw dust dry after about 1/2 way down the pot. I have been using a sprayer, so tonight I am going to switch up my watering methods and use a watering can and give them a good soaking until I see runoff. I had been avoiding this early on as I was told misting was better, but at Day 12-13, I think they are ready for real waterings which will help the roots expand more (at least this is the goal).

RookieBuds

RookieBuds

Dude, i love everything that i see 👍 You really did your homework, and I'm certain it's gona pay off for you!

I recently switched from LED to CMH for flowering, and i can absolutely tell you CMH is a great choice! My LED is a Mars Hydro so i realize it's not top of the line, but it's no slouch either.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Thank you for the kind words! I am trying my best to succeed at this. I have grown mushrooms before so I am not completely new to cultivation and following instructions.

You switched from LED to CMH? wow... I was thinking I made a mistake going with CMH instead of LED.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Been a couple days since I posted pictures of the little ladies, so here we are. Day 13.
Rooting D13
Rooting D13a
Rooting D13b

The biggest mistake I have made so far as a rookie to cannabis cultivation has been improper watering. I was not fully saturating the soil which led to my roots only going about halfway down the pot. Luckily it is early still and I gave them a nice soak yesterday and could feel the weight difference between soaking and just misting them.

The plan is to Transplant on Saturday. They definitely should be ready by then.

Madbud

Madbud

Patience, no hurry to transplant just yet. I’d give the roots a bit longer, at least til they show in the drain holes.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Yes, patience is my biggest problem right now. But after looking at the roots on my Runt/Test Dumbie plant, I know I must wait if I want to be successful.

Madbud

Madbud

You’re already successful, getting to this point is the second hardest part, second to drying.

XxHammer

XxHammer

You’re already successful, getting to this point is the second hardest part, second to drying.

Omg, dont tell me this lol. I have done 0 research on drying and harvesting. I was already getting this creepy suspicion that there may be more to it than I was thinking... now my spidey-sense is in full blown tingle-mode haha

Top Bottom