My Very First Grow, 3x3 Grow Tent w/ 315W CMH

• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
XxHammer

XxHammer

Or maybe back it off a little bit and let the plants grow into it?
20210424 163659

growsince79

growsince79

I would raise it so its at least 1 foot above the soil. Once it hit the scog and I started bending I'd flip and keep bending until they stop stretching. You need to be able to get under it to water. The pots shouldn't be placed in a even square but in a way that makes it easier to water.

XxHammer

XxHammer

20210424 164515

I had to take a row out of each side to take the slack out and make the net tight. but at least it has a good fit now.

It is set at 12'' for right now. Until more research and feedback is received.

XxHammer

XxHammer

I would raise it so its at least 1 foot above the soil. Once it hit the scog and I started bending I'd flip and keep bending until they stop stretching. You need to be able to get under it to water. The pots shouldn't be placed in a even square but in a way that makes it easier to water.

Good point about watering.

I have one of those like garden pump sprayer things with the little hose so that isnt so much an issue. The issue I generally have is when it comes time to get all the runoff out. That is more of a process. And I dont think I would want to be removing the net once the plants are actually using it.....

Hmmmm..... Time to brain storm.

I do have a bunch of bamboo (well not a bunch, but some), maybe ill make a frame for the net out of bamboo.....Hmmm

growsince79

growsince79

View attachment 1116804

I had to take a row out of each side to take the slack out and make the net tight. but at least it has a good fit now.

It is set at 12'' for right now. Until more research and feedback is received.
Once you stard bending a lot its hard to unsrog without damage. Watering is a pain. Arrranging the containers like this as close to the door as you can will help. I/ \I

growsince79

growsince79

Good point about watering.

I have one of those like garden pump sprayer things with the little hose so that isnt so much an issue. The issue I generally have is when it comes time to get all the runoff out. That is more of a process. And I dont think I would want to be removing the net once the plants are actually using it.....

Hmmmm..... Time to brain storm.

I do have a bunch of bamboo (well not a bunch, but some), maybe ill make a frame for the net out of bamboo.....Hmmm
wet vac.

XxHammer

XxHammer

That is what I currently do, but I normally get in and put 2 bricks in the back first so all the water runs to the front. making vac'ing easier.

Once the net is in place, getting in and out to put those bricks in and out will not be happening. It just speeds up the vac'ing process and gets more of the water out.

growsince79

growsince79

That is what I currently do, but I normally get in and put 2 bricks in the back first so all the water runs to the front. making vac'ing easier.

Once the net is in place, getting in and out to put those bricks in and out will not be happening. It just speeds up the vac'ing process and gets more of the water out.
Maybe a 1 x 4 in back and leave it there? Just a thought.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Maybe a 1 x 4 in back and leave it there? Just a thought.

Yeah, I could probably find something better. A 1x4 would be ideal. Those bricks just happen to be in my neighbors walkway. I dont like them very much.

XxHammer

XxHammer

20210425 110931

20210425 111036

3 of 4 looking really good to my newbie eyes. The other 1 in the back corner is a little stunted but she is still doing her thing.

Woke up this morning and it appears they are starting to show me their bud sites :)

XxHammer

XxHammer

20210425 140627 HDR

So, I am experimenting with these little rolling lazy susans for the ladies. I am hoping this makes moving them around easier. I also think this will give me greater positional versatility when it comes to where the plants are positioned, whereas on those trays, I was more limited on where the plants could be.

They are also elevated, so I lose 3-4'' of space BUT when watering, the pots wont be sitting in standing runoff either, which is a plus.

I do have a Tarp to go underneath. I just have not cut it to size or quite figured out HOW I am going to use it yet. I do think I need something. I dont think the water going onto that stock bottom is a good idea, I think I should add some additional barrier to help collect any runoff.

XxHammer

XxHammer

20210427 171635
20210427 173455
20210427 173432

Day 28 From Seed. Transplanted/ Veg Day 12. The 3 larger ones are about 10-11'' in height. The straggler is just a short little 7'' bush.

The current plan is to flip them to 12/12 Flowering around Sunday (Day 33) but I may stretch that another couple days depending on how the ladies look and the advice I receive.

I did put up the Trellis Net, 12'' above the soil (so a couple plants are starting to touch and grow into/through it.

I do not know how I feel about this Trellis Net. It is pretty flimsy and I have tried a few things to tighten it up that just havent work. They really needed 1 more set of hooks on the sides instead of just the corners . But most of us dont have anywhere to clip them on the side anyways. I have an idea in mind but it isnt the greatest.

QUESTIONS:
1) How important are Trellis Nets? What is the actual purpose/function of the net? Can someone please provide me with some alternative methods to using a Trellis net.

2) How do the ladies look?

growsince79

growsince79

View attachment 1118466View attachment 1118467View attachment 1118468

Day 28 From Seed. Transplanted/ Veg Day 12. The 3 larger ones are about 10-11'' in height. The straggler is just a short little 7'' bush.

The current plan is to flip them to 12/12 Flowering around Sunday (Day 33) but I may stretch that another couple days depending on how the ladies look and the advice I receive.

I did put up the Trellis Net, 12'' above the soil (so a couple plants are starting to touch and grow into/through it.

I do not know how I feel about this Trellis Net. It is pretty flimsy and I have tried a few things to tighten it up that just havent work. They really needed 1 more set of hooks on the sides instead of just the corners . But most of us dont have anywhere to clip them on the side anyways. I have an idea in mind but it isnt the greatest.

QUESTIONS:
1) How important are Trellis Nets? What is the actual purpose/function of the net? Can someone please provide me with some alternative methods to using a Trellis net.

The trellis helps control the stretch and create an even canopy to improve yield. More light mean bigger buds. If you had just let them grow strait up, the lower part of the plant would be too far from the light .

XxHammer

XxHammer

I honestly didnt do much to these plants. They kind of naturally went bushy on their own. Which I know is a positive thing.

they have also been able to go longer and longer between their watering. Up to the full 2-3 days that they should be.

Hopefully I can get up early tomorrow morning and give the ladies a nice watering. I love when they are all nice and perky when I get home from work :)
20210428 164814

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
View attachment 1118466View attachment 1118467View attachment 1118468

QUESTIONS:

Day 28 today? I thought you were a few days ahead of me no? They looking great man you’ve nailed it from the start and it’s showing! I’m gonna scrog and it’s to be able to spread your light evenly for your tops. Otherwise if you have one that’s super long you will have to adjust your light just for that top leaving the others with less light intensity. You said you didn’t do much but you did top once already right? You gonna top again or?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Put the shortest one on some type of stand to elevate it to be even with your other plants...

XxHammer

XxHammer

Impulsive- You were off by just 1-day. Today is Day 30. I think I posted that picture 1 day late.

20210429 165215
20210429 165226

The ladies are officially 1-month old!!! Woot!! They have been transplanted into FFOF for exactly 14 days.

I am going to give them a good watering tonight, its been 3 full days and they are thirsty...

I figure ill continue feeding branches through this net and space them out the best I can... Then here in a couple days maybe do a little defoliation/cleanup of the lower 1/3 of the plants before flipping them into Flower in the next 3-5 days...

Ideas? Feedback?

XxHammer

XxHammer

The larger 3 plants range from 12''-14''.... the more stunted one is on bricks is is MAYBE 10''....

Maybe it will be more of a water tonight, then clean them up and flip to 12/12 Flower on Sunday

Thoughts?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I honestly didnt do much to these plants. They kind of naturally went bushy on their own. Which I know is a positive thing.

they have also been able to go longer and longer between their watering. Up to the full 2-3 days that they should be.

Hopefully I can get up early tomorrow morning and give the ladies a nice watering. I love when they are all nice and perky when I get home from work :)View attachment 1118519
Ya man those are looking awesome mine are prolly half that size but the first 2 weeks I had a shitty cheap Amazon LED and ever since I got my new LED they have been exploding in growth so I’ll be vegging for some extra time. I’ve been tying down branches (LST) and topped once. Going to top again and install my scrog net soon and start training some more.

Top Bottom