My Very First Grow, 3x3 Grow Tent w/ 315W CMH

• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Thank you. That is basically my plan.... As a newbie I am still very cautious and worried when it comes to bending the branches around. But im doing my best haha

I was going to kind of slide the net up as the plants grow... Use it to support the extra weight... Stopping at a certain point though, maybe go up another 3-5".
No need to move the net. Just keep bending until you see pistils.

growsince79

growsince79

I have noticed that the plants are trying to grow new fan leafs and new growth low down on the plants... Should I cut this off before the plant wastes energy producing leafs down low? Or just let them go for now and just continue to groom as needed?
Get rid of the bottom suckers. Bend and weave and bend and weave for about another week or so.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Get rid of the bottom suckers. Bend and weave and bend and weave for about another week or so.

Alright... When the lights come on tonight I will look at the ladies again and take off any of that lower growth that is starting...

Where does the actual buds form???

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
there is a stem, right? and a leaf grows out. between the stem and leaf a new growth grows out then, for example, the top of that is a bud site. the top of the plant is a bud site, unless you topped, then it grew two bud sites. if you watch the top where it looks like new leaves are growing out fast (so fast they look almost like they might be pistils, but nope!), somewhere in there you will notice some of the white hairs, pistils, poking through. this will happen over the next little bit.

i have 2 bag seed and 2 autos. one of the bagseed flowered almost right away, like days. the other i thought it would never! but it did in about 10 days. the autos were auto-ing along, around week 4 but before week 5, they were flowering.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
oh! one helpful thing i did was google the strain on growdiaries, then look at the weeks around where mine was at that time. that way i could see what is next and if mine was normal looking. often i could find one with the days numbered so i could get right in there! lol. i always looked a head a bit to see what was next, if theirs needed something or had some issue at some age i could watch for it. id look at a few so i could get a good feel for things.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Thanks for the advice and information... I definitely want to do more Strain specific research for my 2nd grow. And grow multiple strains at the same time... That way I am not smoking all the same stuff for months and months lol

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Thanks for the advice and information... I definitely want to do more Strain specific research for my 2nd grow. And grow multiple strains at the same time... That way I am not smoking all the same stuff for months and months lol
Ya man I’ve learned so much growing different strains. They all grow differently it’s amazing to watch. It’s a little more work tending to each one individually but well worth it!!

XxHammer

XxHammer

one of the great things about having 4 lights in a 4x4, i can move them up and down instead of the plants! lol

Definitely a plus.

I plan on giving them a good watering tonight after work, will hopefully have some good pictures to post.

Hoping those plants that I bent have corrected themselves... I am learning a lot about how these plants function, ive only grown Psychedelic Mushrooms before so this is WAYYY different.

Speaking of which, I am going to be doing a small mushie grow log in the near future :)

D

dspucch

Definitely a plus.

I plan on giving them a good watering tonight after work, will hopefully have some good pictures to post.

Hoping those plants that I bent have corrected themselves... I am learning a lot about how these plants function, ive only grown Psychedelic Mushrooms before so this is WAYYY different.

Speaking of which, I am going to be doing a small mushie grow log in the near future :)
I wanna learn how to grow some mushies! haha

Cant wait for pics!

Also, one thing I noticed (since im doing LST with one of my plants, they take a few hours and sometimes an hour or so after the lights come up the tops like to correct themselves.

XxHammer

XxHammer

20210509 202618 HDR
20210509 202558
20210509 202542
20210509 204449

Update: Day 40/ Flower Day 8

I did notice some (quite a few) fan leafs that had rust-colored spots on them, so I did defoliate a lot of the plants hoping it would help in several ways.

I am ready to start seeing some signs of Flowering :(

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
XxHammer

XxHammer

They were mostly on larger sized fan leafs and mostly on leafs that were a tad bit older ...

Watering... They usually take 1/2 gallon of water every 48 hours. In 3.8gal pots.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
They were mostly on larger sized fan leafs and mostly on leafs that were a tad bit older ...

Watering... They usually take 1/2 gallon of water every 48 hours. In 3.8gal pots.
Yep does sound like a cal mag issue the plant pulls the nutrients from the older leaves that are lower on the plant to direct to the top.

XxHammer

XxHammer

That is honestly what I am guessing too as a first time Grower...

Anyone have advice on how to use Epsom Salt correctly?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
That is honestly what I am guessing too as a first time Grower...

Anyone have advice on how to use Epsom Salt correctly?
I would just go for cal mag since I’m new to indoor growing and you’re already using synthetic nutrients anyway right?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Yeah and I am already feeding CaMg+ in the water... That is why I was going to maybe add Epsom Salt as a remedy

Curious what some others think
Ya bc if it’s not fixed it’s gonna spread to other leaves but I’m sure you will get it worked out. That’s another reason why I chose to go with organic living soil bc I just water when dry. No run off, no ppm/ec/ph checks. I just use distilled water with fish shit, recharge, and great whites orca liquid mycorrhizae and the plants know what they want and take it when they want it so there’s no human error. I highly recommend the purple cow indicanja organic living soil the plants are loving it I don’t even think I’ll even need the roots organic terp tea bloom dry nutrients I bought. These two are my favorite right now the Blue og and LSD.
D3759F6A 4A6D 4DFD 8D54 9DAC54E87CA5

XxHammer

XxHammer

Your plants are looking really good. That bullshit light really stunted you but I am glad to see you fixed your problem too

I need to get new height measurements but im pretty sure my plants are a good 6'' taller than yours and that's with me SCROG'ing the last week

I am interested to peek in tonight after the defoliation last night and watering... going to do a good inspection to see if any more leafs have picked up these spots

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Your plants are looking really good. That bullshit light really stunted you but I am glad to see you fixed your problem too

I need to get new height measurements but im pretty sure my plants are a good 6'' taller than yours and that's with me SCROG'ing the last week

I am interested to peek in tonight after the defoliation last night and watering... going to do a good inspection to see if any more leafs have picked up these spots
Ya man I’m excited for my next run already since now I have everything I need to do it proper. Each grow I gonna get better and better. My girlfriends mom is now letting me set up a grow over there as well so I’ll have another project I’ll be posting about soon. I’m also going for the outdoor guerilla grow so by the time it’s said and done I’ll have 2x 5 plant indoor grows and a 5 plant outdoor grow. Excited to start these new projects!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom