My very small 08' Outdoor

• Thread starter TurboGSR96
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TurboGSR96

So I cut about 8 leaf tips off from the lower portions of the buds and the trichs are pretty much cloudy on the top of the leaves but still pretty much clear on the bottom. Most of the smaller lower leaf's were 50% cloudy 50% amber and mostly cloudy on the bottom..... any guesstimates to how much longer?

I have to question why I have alot of amber trich's, when MJ is ready to harvest dont the buds stop growing? If so mine are definately not done, there is a shit ton of unopened calixys on it right now and the buds are still getting fatter....... kind of confused on what to do at this point. I have not given it a fert in a week and I am contemplating on just ending the ferts and going with straight water, as the soil already has small amounts of fertilizer in it.

ANy help is appreciated

P

ProGroWannabe

As far as the trichs go, it's really a matter of what high type you like. For instance, in my sativas, I wanna keep that head-thumping, heart racing high for daytime smoke, so I always cut when I see that he majority of the trichs are cloudy. For a bedtime smoke to help stop my mind from racing from one thought to another, I prefer an indica obviously. When I cut an indica, I will wait until the thc has degraded to the point that most of the trichs are amber.

One last thing to remember Turbo, is that most strains will show you multiple "harvest windows". That is, there are more than just one "right time" to harvest. Again, it comes down to what you want in the high.

For your particular situation, I'd say that your plant is exibiting signs of having entered that first harvest window. If you want a little body-effect to the high, I'd feed it water for another week, then check the trichs again. Your mileage may vary...

T

TurboGSR96

Thnks for the info, I am just questioning what I am seeing through the scope, this plant is only 6+ weeks in and the buds are still expanding. I am done giving it ferts, just water from here on out.

Where is the best place to actually look at the trichs to determine ripeness? What I see on the newer growth is not what I see at the bottom of the buds.

I

Indianche

It is simply amazing ,seeing all of your great plants, I start doubting I can grow one like that.

P

ProGroWannabe

Where is the best place to actually look at the trichs to determine ripeness? What I see on the newer growth is not what I see at the bottom of the buds.

The trichs that are actually on the calyxes are the newest ones to form, so that's where I check when I'm checking for plant maturity.

Also, as you've discovered already, there is a slight difference between the break-down of the resins from the older parts of the bud, to the newer parts. This is a natural thing. It's also why it's necessary to check the bud in several places to ensure that the OVERALL trich condition is what you think it is.

And yeah, six weeks is a bit early. Even for the "earliest finishers", if they are allowed another week or two, they are generally MUCH better.

Summary...water her for another week, then re-check your trichs---being as thorough as you can by checking them in several places on the bud.

T

TurboGSR96

Well conditions took a turn for the worst, temp dipped down into the 30's last night and will be again tonight with high's in the 40's next week so I just said screw it and chopped it. Just got done a 2hr trimming marathon and I am done..... have it all up and hanging right now

Any guesses on yield? Looks like its definately over on ounce to me.

I hacked the hell out of the buds so I have a nice pile of trimmings of crystaly leaf and hairs, gotta read up on how to make hash now :) I dont care if I only get a gram but I want some...lol

Plant 10 19 001
Plant 10 19 002
Plant 10 19 003
Plant 10 19 004
P

ProGroWannabe

This is nothing but a total guess, since all strains vary in density as they dry, but I'd guess two to two and a half ounces once it's smokeable.

Looks like you did well GSR

T

Tolpan

A little bit, is better than nothing!

Well trimmed!

Greets Tolpan

T

TurboGSR96

Thanks guys, most of the way up the buds were all cloudy some amber trichs, only at the very top were clear/cloudy, now that I add up the days it was about 7.5 weeks. At the bottom was 50%+ amber so it I guess it will still smoke well. Its been on nothing but water for two weeks and I was drownding the hell out of it so I also hope I got all the miracle-gro out of it. The buds are suprisingly dense and very heavy, going to let them air dry for about 5-6 days and them sweat them out in jars, dont plan on smoking any until around New Years :)

T

TurboGSR96

145 grams after 7 days of drying, no stems just bud..... not too bad :evilgrin

P

ProGroWannabe

WOW Those buds were pretty heavy then huh? hehe guess I've been looking at my sativas too long to make a decent guess on your girl:giggle:clapping:clapping:clapping

T

TurboGSR96

Yep she was a porker for a small 3' tall plant, I am quite suprised.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Congrats on harvest......its always a great feeling inside to know that the hard work paid off. Keep it up and good job!!

Top Bottom