• Thread starter TurboGSR96
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TurboGSR96

I bet, they would probably come back for more after they sobered up :D

T

TurboGSR96

Nature's HPS was shining brightly today so I snapped some new pics, she is filling in nicely with a regular nute schedule now. If only I had planted her in the ground and if it had another months worth of veg I think this plant would of been a monster.

http://i43.invalid.com/albums/e363/TurboTeg96/Plant9-24001.jpg
http://i43.invalid.com/albums/e363/TurboTeg96/Plant9-24002.jpg
http://i43.invalid.com/albums/e363/TurboTeg96/Plant9-24003.jpg
http://i43.invalid.com/albums/e363/TurboTeg96/Plant9-24004.jpg
http://i43.invalid.com/albums/e363/TurboTeg96/Plant9-24005.jpg
http://i43.invalid.com/albums/e363/TurboTeg96/Plant9-24006.jpg
http://i43.invalid.com/albums/e363/TurboTeg96/Plant9-24007.jpg

P

ProGroWannabe

Awwww I see some sticky-icky goin on there!! They look good man, keep it up!

S

Skunkenstein

Increasing Yield..

One of the best ways I know of, to boost outdoor Yield, is too put out big plants to begin with.I will usually pre-veg cuttings in 2-3 gallon pots indoors.Then I will move those plants into the area{Shaded] for about a week to harden off.My timing is usually 2nd week in May in my locale.Then it's transplant time.This Year I went with 30 gallon Smart pots.These are basically black felt material shaped like a laundry basket.They work wonders...Once the roots sense the air they auto prune and start branching instead of running to the bottom and becoming root bound.The felt material breathes and the roots just go wild.Another strange, but good thing, plants that would normally grow single cola telephone pole...branch like crazy.Each arm acting like a main cola !!My buddy and I did some test trials indoors over the winter..the explosion of side branching was almost''too-much'' of a good thing for indoors. Needed alot of support.I did drop these into pre dug holes outside,the bags are black of course{keep cool} and to lower the overall plant height.By the way, Your Plants are Looking very happy !!!:flower

T

TurboGSR96

Here are some new pics roughly 4+ weeks into flower, it has been raining for about 5 days straight so she has not had a decent day of sunlight. Its really starting to pack some frost and the hair are starting to recede, it has been getting chilly at night so that might have something to do with it.

Plant 10 2 003
Plant 10 2 004
Plant 10 2 005
Plant 10 2 006
Plant 10 2 007
Plant 10 2 008
P

ProGroWannabe

Lookout...somebody's getting fat! I'd say she's pretty quick if she's only 4 weeks into flower. Cuz she seems to be coming right along there man.

T

TurboGSR96

Yea its been swelling nicely in the last week or so, the plant is also really starting to wreak, it has a pungent skunk smell aroma and when you grab a bud with your hand I still get the sharp lemon smell and the buds are sticky as hell. I cant wait to smoke this beotch, I am hoping to get at least an ounce off of her :evilgrin

P

ProGroWannabe

I meant "a zip" not a half. Sorry......previous post has been corrected. A zip is slang here for an ounce. Sorry for the confusion.:thinking

T

TurboGSR96

The temps have been dipping into the 40's at night so I have been bringing her in at night. I am having a hella time taking pictures with flourescents overhead so sorry about the blurryness.

5 Weeks

Plant 10 9 003
Plant 10 9 004
Plant 10 9 005
Plant 10 9 007
Plant 10 9 008
Plant 10 9 009
Plant 10 9 010
Plant 10 9 011
P

ProGroWannabe

She's packin on the weight now huh? She's lookin damn good, man!

T

TurboGSR96

She definately seems happy, I noticed the lower branches are starting to sag so its definately getting heavy, and in the last few days its really started to stink. I am no expert but I dont think it will be ready by 8 weeks but who knows. Its only getting sunlight from 9am until about 5pm now so I am bringing her in and putting her under the flourescents for a couple hours just for the hell of it. I dont know if I can keep stinking up my house for another month so hopefully she finishes with haste....lol

Also I has really blazed lately so I had some weird idea and for the last few waterings I have been mixing in some wild blackberry mush that I dump into my water bucket and let it sit for a few days and then strain and use with plain water in between fertilizing. I like to do odd things like this so hopefully it does more good than harm....hehe

What are your thoughts on transplanting while flowering? I gave the main stem a good tug earlier and pulled the whole root base out and the roots were packed, I am not sure if I transplanted now into a 5gal would stunt its growth, but I am leaning towards it being a bad idea.

I would also like to try to keep it alive after I cut it and reveg it but I have no experience in that area either.

P

ProGroWannabe

1. The blackberry mush and water will add carbohydrates to a small degree. It definitely won't hurt anything.

2. You can transplant anytime you think she needs it. The two biggest issues are:

1. Is too late to make any real difference? If you don't think she has but a couple of weeks, then leave her in the container she's in.

2. The other is how gently she can be moved from one container to another. For example, you'll want make sure you water her really well right before you lift her out. This will help to keep the dirt stuck together making it less likely that you'll break root tips when you lift her out. If you think you might drop her, or otherwise seriously disturb the root structure, then leave her where she is. As for HOW you take her out of the current container....the least disruptive way I know is to place one hand on the top of the container covering the top layer of dirt with the stalk sitting between your fingers. Then carefully turn the entire plant and container upside down. With the hand that is not holding the stalk, gently tap and squeeze the container (if possible) while trying to GENTLY slip it off of the root structure. Once you have it free, place your free hand underneath the rootball, and GENTLY set her in her new container. Of course you will have already put new dirt in the bottom of that new container before you started all this.........sorry, forgot that part above......lol.

That's how I do it. Others may have better advice, but this works for me and I NEVER break roots this way.

Let us know what you decide to do.

T

TurboGSR96

Pro I guess I didnt state it correctly I got the whole plant out of the container with the dirt attached already :hi Thats how I knew how condensed the roots were, it came out easy as hell by just pulling up and I have not watered since Wed morning...lol

KoR Thanks, she has come out very well for a random bag seed, was a little mutated but overall I am almost positive the smoke the seed came out of wasnt as good as this is going to be.

P

ProGroWannabe

LOL @ me GSR!!! I totally misunderstood huh? Oh well, maybe someone gets some use out of all that typing....:blush.

T

TurboGSR96

Its not biggie, I enjoyed reading it. Its what I would of done anyway if it didnt come out so easy :yes

These pics are much better, sun is bright today. I forgot to mention I bent some of the branches in the back and tied them up in the front to try to get the most out of her, its rare to get anything good to smoke around here anymore.

Plant 10 10 001
Plant 10 10 002
Plant 10 10 003
Plant 10 10 004
Plant 10 10 005
Plant 10 10 006
Plant 10 10 007
Top Bottom