My water storage tank ph keeps going up

• Thread starter IFukup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IFukup

IFukup

I just started growing inside. My well water is unusable. I started trucking water from an actual spring and am storing it in a 30 gallon tote. My PH starts at 8.4 after adding Ph down i got it to 6.2. Next day back up to 8.4. I have now done this twice. What is causing my ph to go back up and is there a way to stabilize my storage tank. I have an air stone in there bubbling the water and with the lid on. Sorry if this posted already. I tried posting once but don't see it in my post started in my profile.

TomH

TomH

What is the TDS of the water.
If it’s spring water, it may be pure enough that you can’t stabilize the PH until you get some minerals into it.
Get a TDS meter into it and give us a read.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I just started growing inside. My well water is unusable. I started trucking water from an actual spring and am storing it in a 30 gallon tote. My PH starts at 8.4 after adding Ph down i got it to 6.2. Next day back up to 8.4. I have now done this twice. What is causing my ph to go back up and is there a way to stabilize my storage tank. I have an air stone in there bubbling the water and with the lid on. Sorry if this posted already. I tried posting once but don't see it in my post started in my profile.
Hey, welcome to the Farm....My well water comes in around a ph of 8.2 but I let it sit for a day or 2 before I use it and it comes down to 7.2.....

Do you adjust your water right after you pour it out of the tap?....maybe let it sit for a few days first....I've 30 - 1 gallon jugs I have to fill and store it for a few days with lids off..........

If I add nutes I don't need to adjust ph down because the nutes do that for me,,,when I water only I add a drop or 2 of my ph down..........

Air stones can fk with the ph I was advised against using one in my Auto Pots reservoir for that reason and to use a small water pump instead just to circulate the water in the tank set for 10 min every 2 hrs

IFukup

IFukup

Hey, welcome to the Farm....My well water comes in around a ph of 8.2 but I let it sit for a day or 2 before I use it and it comes down to 7.2.....

Do you adjust your water right after you pour it out of the tap?....maybe let it sit for a few days first....I've 30 - 1 gallon jugs I have to fill and store it for a few days with lids off..........

If I add nutes I don't need to adjust ph down because the nutes do that for me,,,when I water only I add a drop or 2 of my ph down..........

Air stones can fk with the ph I was advised against using one in my Auto Pots reservoir for that reason and to use a small water pump instead just to circulate the water in the tank set for 10 min every 2 hrs
I have to go to an actual spring... My well water is very hard and unusable. I haven't tried letting it sit for a few days with the lid off and the air stone out. I should try that to see if it helps. My first batch i went to get i immediately covered and put air stone in it. I was mostly worried about the water being stagnant as in not going through a lot at the moment. Just got into early veg stage I'd say this past Thurs. Thank you for your suggestion.

deerman12

deerman12

I am experiencing the very same problem. I am using a 5 gallon bucket with an air stone. Water out of my tap is 7.4, I ph down it next day, it goes up to 8.1. I read the that air stone can actually drive up the PH because it drives CO2 out causing the acid to rise. I am taking my air stone out for a few days to see if it changes as fast. It is pissing me off.

P

PahPahCee

My water has high Calcium in it. I’m essentially liming my soil with every watering. If I ph it, it will bounce back the next day.

I’m experimenting with langbeinite. The Sulfate in the Langbeinite should break apart the salts that are building up in my soil as a result of my tap water.

I’m going to take this further and not add any lime or oyster to my soil next grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom