My Whole Crop Is Dying Before My Eyes. Help!

• Thread starter kbellfoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kbellfoy

kbellfoy

First time grower. Iv had all the charts out. Iv searched online. Iv checked Joe Fresh article on sick plants which was fantastic. I thought I had a serious N- Def goin on. Iv fed nutes with good N in it but still my plants are dying. It started at the bottom on the old leaves so I'm sure it's a mobile element. I'm losing leaves so fast it's un believable. At this rate I won't have any plants left in a week. I'm nearly 3 weeks in to flower as in actual visible flowers not flip time.
I grow in canna pro potting mix and use biobizz nutes. The grow and bloom ones. Iv added molasses once a week for the last 3 weeks. I'm confused about if it's ok to flush organic media or not. I recently bought and used a new product but I used it to try and help some leaf yellowing I already had. Now its much worse. I can't tell u how quickly these plants are going down hill. I'm in a grow tent. 600w hps light in fabric pots. My temps are 79-80 with a RH of 60% which I'm not sure might be too high for flowering. I was so sure I had what was wrong nailed but iv no experience at all. I can take pics of anything u need to see as my lights are on at the minute. Please help...Thanks in advance.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Broad Mites?

Pictures please.

Get a 100x scope and check the dying leaves. Do they also look like rust around the outer ridges of the leaves with the naked eye? Under 100x magnification you will see eggs and bugs that look like worms if it's broad mites. Broad mites are bad this year in nor cal.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I'm in the UK so don't know if we get them or not. Thank u so much for your reply. I'm gonna post some pics so ppl can see the progression. It starts at the tips and works back plus I have very red stems which is why I thought N- or maybe P-

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Screenshot 2015 08 15 18 57 14
Screenshot 2015 08 15 18 57 06
Screenshot 2015 08 15 18 56 59
Screenshot 2015 08 15 18 56 53
Screenshot 2015 08 15 18 56 45
Screenshot 2015 08 15 18 56 36
Screenshot 2015 08 15 18 56 28
Screenshot 2015 08 15 18 56 20
Screenshot 2015 08 15 18 56 07

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

When they are nearly dead they are completley yellow even the veins and stems sometimes. I thought mag Def at first but the pattern didn't seem right. After looking at loads of pics and lots of reading I ended up thinking N- but some other opinions would be great.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Some strains naturally have red or purple stems. Look into that. What dosage of fertilizer do you use? Bio bizz i use time to time it has high ppms for "organic" fertilizer .. Possible nute burn.

How much molasses per liter or gallon do you use?

How often do you water?
How often do you fertilize?
Have you recently upped the dose?

Im not familiar with joe fresh' article but have you seen the leaf diagnosis chart seamaiden posted up?

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...r-making-nutrient-deficiency-diagnoses.60485/

Hope this helps

-Gguy

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Def look into the purple or red stems for your particular strain. You could be getting massive salt build up trying to cure a nonexistent deficiency

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I have Seamaidens chart. I think I have every chart there is! I used 1 tsp of molasses per gallon of water. They are just about on the full strength of biobizz. I feed once a week and I need to water every day. They are always dry. They have just had their first bloom feed this week. Hope this info helps.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Just saw the pics. Looks like normal lower growth not receiving light in need of trimming. Lol.

Its normal for lower growth to yellow up imo.

Is it happening up top? / anywhere else on the plant besides the lowest leaves?

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

It's not the red stems I'm bothered about. They have been red for weeks. It's the yellowing leaves at the minute. I took off all yellowing or yellow leaves last night. Today there are about 5-8 yellow leaves on each plant. That's in 24 hrs!! I mention the red stems as that could be indicative if a Def but ye could be genetics. It's AK 47 I'm growing and know one has said they have red stems naturally.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

You should only be heavy dosing ferts 1 or 2 times at the most per week. You should be spacing out with normal water and teas every week if your in organic soil Imo. Bio buzz has a very high number of salts for an "organic" bottle nutrient. My advice is back off to 2/3 or even 1/2 the dosage your at now to see if it clears up

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

As the yellowing is mostly lower I'd guess your under feeding just a tad

Don't be hard on yourself, those plants look great

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I thought that at first. It was just natural but I notice it's going right up the inside of the plant about 2 thirds of it. But mainly inside growth. The tops are lovely and green. Also growth seems to have stalked. Thank u so much for your help

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

You should only be heavy dosing ferts 1 or 2 times at the most per week. You should be spacing out with normal water and teas every week if your in organic soil Imo. Bio buzz has a very high number of salts for an "organic" bottle nutrient. My advice is back off to 2/3 or even 1/2 the dosage your at now to see if it clears up
Noooo, they want more nutrients!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

If they yellow down low not enough nutrients

If they yellow up high too many

Top Bottom