My young female is dying??

• Thread starter Tollj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tollj

Hi there im new to this website and new to growing. I have a basic little set up everything is good but i have a problem with my plant. So last night i over watered the plant and didnt notice until this morning, i woke up and all her leafs where drooping down and the medium was soaked so in a panic i transferred it into a bigger pot to try and save it, in doing this i ended up ripping some of it roots out . Now its re planted shes very flimzy the leafs are drooping down and i dont know if she will make it. Any help!?!? Thanks
My young female is dying

My young female is dying 2
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Leave it alone! Also recommend raising the light for at least a day to let it rest. Probably be okay just leave it alone for a minute is the best thing you can do right now

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hi tolj dont panic, first thing i would have done is put her in a smaller container....but no big deal, how do you know shes a "her" ? Im only asking because if shes a verified her from a clone, then its a completely different story, because your root system is mature and will react differently to shock and damage.

Yea i can see shes from seed, is it an autoflower strain ?
How old is she...

You should have taken a pic of the damage
And maybe make sure that the fan is not stressing her, with wind and heat

? Next i would have gone "down" in container size, bigger isint always better, especially with small plants.
You sexed the plant i assume....
I would go back off ( raise theml) ights and get a hand sprayer to mist the stem/ root
area gently and observe, id give it a week of calm rest, no nutes, raise lights, less heat etc,

Are you still under 18/6 light , (i guess so, cause i csnt see flowering a 4 inch sexed seed plant) , but who knows....that scenaro is better than 12 /12 for root repair...so in that case just give the plant a chance to recover, do not feed or begin any "come to the rescue" concept, if shes going to get better its going to happen on its own

When you say " root" do you mean the "talp" root, like you snapped it and theres nothing there ? In that case shes done....
But if you just tore a few of many roots,(thats a totally different story)then give her a week to recover.....
In a few days to a week, she should be fine, i would not worry

Last edited:
T

Tollj

Hi tolj dont panic, first thing i would have done is put her in a smaller container....but no big deal, how do you know shes a "her" ? Im only asking because if shes a verified her from a clone, then its a completely different story, because your root system is mature and will react differently to shock and damage.

How old is she...

? Next i would have gone "down" in container size, bigger isint always better, especially with small plants.
I would go back off ( raise theml) ights and get a hand sprayer to mist the stem/ root
area gently and observe, id give it a week of calm rest, no nutes, raise lights, less heat etc,

Are you still under 18/6 light , (i guess so, cause i csnt see flowering a 4 inch sexed seed plant) , but who knows....that scenaro is better than 12 /12 for root repair...so in that case just give the plant a chance to recover, do not feed or begin any "come to the rescue" concept, if shes going to get better its going to happen on its own

When you say " root" do you mean the "talp" root, like you snapped it and theres nothing there ? In that case shes done....
But if you just tore a few of many roots,(thats a totally different story)then give her a week to recover.....

How old is she...

Thanks for the help i think shes making a recovery and she was grown from seed on the 2nd of jan and i dont know if shes an autoflower or not. Her main stem is very flimzy so have turned of the fans for now and turned the lights down. Ill post a photo of her when she was bad and how she is now .

20200115 123721 HDR
20200116 200715
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Keep the fan off of it for a day or 2 while it recovers. I would recommend against re-potting, as it will simply cause more root trauma.. and you will have to re-pot it later anyhow. I grow from seed directly in a 5 or 6 gallon bucket of Promix and have never had any trouble, in fact the ones that are planted directly seem to do better than those that were transplanted as they grew. Keep the nutes low for a day or so to let the roots recover and searching for nutrients, spreading out in the process. Within about 4 days, it will be as good or better than before. Obviously, go easy on the water!

T

Tollj

Keep the fan off of it for a day or 2 while it recovers. I would recommend against re-potting, as it will simply cause more root trauma.. and you will have to re-pot it later anyhow. I grow from seed directly in a 5 or 6 gallon bucket of Promix and have never had any trouble, in fact the ones that are planted directly seem to do better than those that were transplanted as they grew. Keep the nutes low for a day or so to let the roots recover and searching for nutrients, spreading out in the process. Within about 4 days, it will be as good or better than before. Obviously, go easy on the water!
Thank you for the advice i have taken the fan off her for now and its been over a day and she doing good. Will be planting direct next time for sure 😂

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey guys, i just suggested smaller pots ,then up planting because most new growers have problems controlling moisture and watering techniques
Cant reverse overwatering that easily in a 6 gallon bucket....
Isnt overwatering the cause of this particular problem?

Last edited:
T

Tollj

Hey guys, i just suggested smaller pots ,then up planting because most new growers have problems controlling moisture and watering techniques
Yes everything was all good until i over watered by mistake, she seems to have made a good recovery but i came home from work yesterday and the leafs had water droplets all over them i soaked up the droplets and left it at that but coming home from work today i have noticed the bottem leafs have started to show yellow spots. Iv looked on youtube and they say to cut off the leafs with yellow spots but wanted to ask you first befor i do anything. Ill attach a photo of the leaf below. Cheers

20200117 175400
20200117 175714
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I grow in Promix with some added compost/manure, but Promix is very hard to overwater, in my experience. It holds the perfect amount of water and anything else drains out quickly. I'll admit that it might seem to be a daunting task growing directly in a 6 gallon bucket, but I guess I have learned to prevent this from happening by only watering right around the seedling (but after thoroughly soaking the Promix to activate the buffers. As the seed grows, it will quickly fill the bucket with roots as the O2 levels at the root zone are good for root development and the water content is slightly more than damp. I water sparingly for a few days and by then the seedling has sprouted enough roots to take care of itself from the previously pre-soaked Promix. Actually, I think a larger bucket is better for starting plants as the majority of the water will be towards the bottom of the bucket, keeping the topmost layers from getting waterlogged.
With all that being said, there is NO right or wrong way to grow. Do what works best for you and your setup and expect a few hiccups along the way... you always pay for your education, one way or the other!

Top Bottom