Mycorrhizal Fungi And Coco?

• Thread starter Trentski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

It can be used in soil, coco, rockwool, some even use it in hydro. The more important thing is the style of growing you use, and whether or not that will impact the life of the micro-beasties negatively. The style most suited for use of microbes would be no-till/supersoil/ amended soils such as foxfarm ocean forest or happy frog. The next best thing would be when your using BOTTLED ORGANIC NUTRIENTS such as Bio-bizz, Roots organics, or Nectar for the gods.

all this being said, you CAN use myco if you're using salt based (or synthetic) nutes, it just wont be as effective. The job of the myco is to reach out with its fungal hyphae to tap into nutrients where the plant cant reach. The plant signals that its hungry, and the myco transports the food to the plant.

If your using salt/synthetic nutes, this isn't really needed since your basically force feeding your plants with readily available forms of nutrients. It's kind of like have a free all you can eat buffet in your house. if everything you need is right there and always replenished, you wont bother going out and hunting a deer or calling for delivery. (the delivery guy is a metaphor for myco in my stoned little head right meow)

Hopefully this helps you understand things a lil bit better. Im sure I left some things out, but microbes are a pretty deep rabbit hole to get into. hard to cover everything

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Just so you know, some brands of Bennies have things like molasses (food for micro-beasties ) and yucca (a wetting agent I believe) already in the mix, so you don't have to worry about feeding the lil buggers too.

The two Bennies I use are Roots Organic Oregonism XL, and Recharge from Real Growers. Both have added food for the micro-beasties and other goodies.

I have started to grow in coco but I only use great white at transplant to help root through the plant into the new medium faster.it works well.
This seems to be the most effective way to use it. Slap the fungi on the roots and they get to work!

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

In my experience it don't work nearly as good(if atall) if it isn't in direct contact with the roots.thats why I never bother watering it into already potted plants.plus that great whites too bloody expensive to waste.if anyone knows of a cheaper alternative that works as good feel free to clue me in.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
so I've been planning on buying some mycorrhizal beneficial fungi specifically the "great white" I believe it's called just wanted to make sure it wAsnt a soil or organic thing as I'm growing in 50/50 coco/perlite
Put a few teaspoons of unsulphered molasses and your vegan/organic fertilizer with kelp and stuff with your scoop of great white in a 5 gallon bucket of water and bubble it for 24 hours, your plants will love it the next day. I have a tea recipe in my sig I have yet to try but I may very soon.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

I've used vermi-tea and great white to give coco that first inoculation. Both seem to work well. But I use Canna rhyzotonic for the cloner and regular feeding in coco now and get the roots I want consistently in both places.

guymandude

guymandude

You can spend a bunch

Voodoo juice is RidX, hardly need to balance a souless mix with your hard earned dollars and wishful hoping, lol.

"Got eem! “ - Big Mike

Why do people hate dirt? They'd rather dump in micros and kill them instantly with salts...

haters gonna hate. period. have you ever used AN?

I switched to AN from GH years ago due to a study I read comparing plants grown with several different brands of nutrients: GH, Fox Farms, AN, Techniflora, Earth Juice, etc. Earth Juice and AN grew the biggest most healthy roots of any of the nutrients in the study. The Earth Juice buds tasted the best but the best yield went to AN and they also came in second for flavor. I get fantastic results. period. so you talk all the shit you want, cuz thats all it is. shit talk

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil

I switched to AN from GH years ago due to a study I read comparing plants grown with several different brands of nutrients: GH, Fox Farms, AN, Techniflora, Earth Juice, etc. Earth Juice and AN grew the biggest most healthy roots of any of the nutrients in the study. The Earth Juice buds tasted the best but the best yield went to AN and they also came in second for flavor. I get fantastic results. period. so you talk all the shit you want, cuz thats all it is. shit talk
How easy is AN? I use gh, add micro first, either grow or bloom second, add either calmag or liquid cool bloom, ph and done. I dont wanna have to add half bloom half a×c with two dashes of super boost and 5 drops of calmag but only if its a saturday and a full moon and then change halfway into flower and flush every month if you get my drift.
So I guess what I want to know is does an have a simple three part base nute regimine I could use?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Yes and I would say for the price theyr pretty much the same-MAYBE a tad better-MAYBE -as most other nutes iv tried except theyr two/three times the price but not 2/3 times better.in all honesty if it wasn't for the fact that I would have to get a mortgage from the bank to invest in theyr while line I would probably use em .so IMO theyr decent nutes at a ridiculous price.

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

Neither GH or AN invented Cannabis. Nature did. So as far as Im concerned your fighting a different battle than your plants are. Its not AN vs Gh with me. Anyone selling scented sugar water as a fertilizer (since hydro/coco can't be sugary any other way) is on my shit list.

Like i said, different battle. I dont care what sells to the lowest common denominator... Fake swollen carbobuds.. I can line up buds by the nutes used. AN is not excempt..

Just grow in soil and be done with all that vein attempt to make hydro compare to nature. The hydro industry exist for one reason and its to make money selling low grade products.

Last edited:
H

hawkman

how about "Humbolt County's Own" ? was using AN but now use Humbolts - using AN never brought out the essential oil and trichome developement like Humbolts' (buds looked like it snowed o them" Now use AN 1 x a week (like a steroid) with humbolts 1 x a week (feed each system seperatly)

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Just grow in soil and be done with all that vein attempt to make hydro compare to nature. The hydro industry exist for one reason and its to make money selling low grade products.

Wow. I think you busted yourself. Really? That simple argument to dismiss a widely used method.

guymandude

guymandude

How easy is AN? I use gh, add micro first, either grow or bloom second, add either calmag or liquid cool bloom, ph and done. I dont wanna have to add half bloom half a×c with two dashes of super boost and 5 drops of calmag but only if its a saturday and a full moon and then change halfway into flower and flush every month if you get my drift.
So I guess what I want to know is does an have a simple three part base nute regimine I could use?

What you describe is exactly what i have experienced with GH, plus unstable ph and buring plants. I use what works for me. I mix my nutes in a 2.5 gallon gas can. In that, full strength AN is 1 shotglass of base nutes (1 shot of Jungle Juice A, 1 shot of Jungle Juice B or sensi bloom, or connesseur), and half a shot of each of the additives.
example, mid flower
1 shot Jungle Juice Bloom A
1 shot of Jungle Juice Bloom B
1/2 shot of each of the following:
B52
Big Bud

and then i add 1/2 a shot of Sugar Daddy. it's one of the only carb products to have sulfur in it and i honestly believe the sulfur adds those beautiful terpines that give such awesome flavor to the bud.

lots of folks hate on AN because they mix and match with a lot of other products too. AN is made to work with AN products. So dont' just add Big Bud to your GH mix and wonder why things didn't go as you expected. Or if you don't follow the nutrient calculator and just toss stuff in there willy nilly, you won't get the results you want. You don;t need all the additives. The Hobbyist line is all you need and if you are a smart shopper, you can get the stuff for 1/2 what you pay at a hydro store.

Cann runs the same way and is just as expensive and folks don;t bitch about Canna. I did a side by side with Canna as well. Bought the whole line and followed their nutrient regimen. The Canna plants did n't do as well. AN just worked better for me. So I went with it and haven't looked back. It's now almost 10 years later and I'm still very happy.

sorry if i came across like a dick. It just blows my mind that people freak out over the possibility that some root inoculants have some of the same ingredients as Rid-X septic treatment. Bacteria and enzymes do work on many different applications, people. The products are not exactly the same

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If AN is that easy I might try it, Im pretty sure they have a coco nute line.

Top Bottom