Mycorrhizal fungi , where to find the best bang for my bucks !

• Thread starter Peppersmints
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Hi !

So, im about to run out of my actual favorite Fungi.

here what I currently use available in canada :
Mycorrhizal fungi  where to find the best bang for my bucks

Mycorrhizal fungi  where to find the best bang for my bucks 2

DYNOMYCO C™ contains 2,500 propagules per gram of Glomus intraradices endomycorrhizal fungi.

I dont have any other information toward this product....but, that's about 125$ for 500gram pouch.
Roughly, 1$ per 10 000 propagules..

Do you have any alternatives quality for cheaper ?
It can be easy to lose yourself in the propagules counts per gram in the many different product available, and even more depending on where you live !
As sure as this is usefull information to compare what best product is on the market today !

Happy growing !

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Seem like a pretty good method to gather without spending, I will be looking for the next summer into this , but right now , snow forbid it 🤣 also, is this as much viable for hydroponics?

Last edited:
Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
I use great white. Tried be true.
Eventually it’s gonna be on my list, but I’ve finally ordered back the same stuff and will go from there... I don’t know, great white seem quite more expensive( about double or so ) , like, will it make that much of a difference ? It seem more complex formula too and they mix up endo and ecto myco... «
From, https://mycorrhizae.com/faqs/ 7

There are two different types of mycorrhizal products offered by Mycorrhizal Applications; including endomycorrhizae and ectomycorrhizae. Endomycorrhizae form relationships with about 85% of plant families, including most commercially produced plants. Ectomycorrhizae form relationships with 10% of plant families, including conifers and hardwoods. Plant families, such as the Orchidaceae and Ericaceae, require very specific types of mycorrhizae and will likely not respond to the mycorrhizal blends offered by Mycorrhizal Applications.
Endomycorrhizal Fungi form exchange mechanisms on the inside of the root cells, intracellularly (and the hyphae extend outside the root). Endomycorrhizal fungi form mostly with green leafy plants and most commercially produced plants. Examples: Most Vegetables, Grasses, Flowers, Shrubs, Fruit Trees, and Ornamentals. Approximately 85% of terrestrial plant species on Earth are endomycorrhizal.
Ectomycorrhizal Fungi form exchange mechanisms outside of the root cells, extracellularly. Ectomycorrhizal fungi form mainly with Conifers and Hardwoods, and are required mostly for woody plants/trees and forest trees. Approximately 10% of terrestrial plant species on Earth are ectomycorrhizal. »

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
All kinds of goodies stuffed in there. So many bennies. Honestly only other one I tried was mykos and didn’t seem to have the same results.
I only use for 1st transplant to stretch it out as it is pricy.

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Yeah their propagulates counts seem to be worth it, it’s almost 100x more potent if we believe what’s written. And yeah I use it till 4th week of flower, believe to be useless past that... guess il be ordering the little 1oz size to try it out , and maybe mix it with the dynomico 🤞🏼

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Look into Wallace organic wonder. Go to the website. Order direct. Anything that grows 2500 lb pumpkins 🎃

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Look into Wallace organic wonder. Go to the website. Order direct. Anything that grows 2500 lb pumpkins 🎃
Yeah seem like they got some trophy for that, but somehow they show only 300propagulate per gram, it is half the price of dynomico, but 300prop/g, and no ecto or endo myco? Or I’ve read wrong.... Vs 2500prop/g Dynomico... and great white seem to state over 200 000prop/gram 😅

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Don’t get me wrong I use those too but you can order direct and get 10lbs for like $200. Keep in mind you can keep an active colony with any of these. Depends what you prefer. And bang for the buck I say WOW. I run it through my manic bullet for a finer powder and get really good coverage. Side note it takes 6 weeks to colonize that fungi. I grow with it in coco but i age and feed my coco for at least 4 weeks prior to use

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Few notes...
Check the expiration date and make sure that the product has been refrigerated, heat and fast temp swing reduce the viability of the inoculum.
Also mycorrizae cant survive in soil with high concentration of P ......majority of cannabis targeted nutes are insanely loaded with P.
I think that the P Hype is necessary to the industry to make sure that you trow away your soil each run....nothing fucks up more a good soil that an overload of P, causing lockout and ph swings....
Im starting to see profesional farmers using refrigerated gels as inoculum, as the gel keeps the spores alive longer...
I stopd buyn those expensive products that come ina bag that has been sitting who knows where for who knows how long....

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Few notes...
Check the expiration date and make sure that the product has been refrigerated, heat and fast temp swing reduce the viability of the inoculum.
I had to check, that order took a little while to be shipped ,maybe it was fresh batch and got lucky but believe they stand behind their product if it would have been wrong!

FE019F86 85DB 42DF B7A4 19A856E6608F
Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Also mycorrizae cant survive in soil with high concentration of P ......majority of cannabis targeted nutes are insanely loaded with P.
I think that the P Hype is necessary to the industry to make sure that you trow away your soil each run....nothing fucks up more a good soil that an overload of P, causing lockout and ph swings....
Im starting to see profesional farmers using refrigerated gels as inoculum, as the gel keeps the spores alive longer...
I stopd buyn those expensive products that come ina bag that has been sitting who knows where for who knows how long....
I get that their potency could lose overtime on any spore or even useless one, and that too much nutrients impact them, and that I’m not trying to reproduce their ideal environnement and some product may counter them, I’m a little far to consider professional farmer and always happy to learn a little more, I know they are expensive, especially because you know it lose potency too quickly..that’s why propagulate count seem best option to count it... in the middle, I found that brand 🤷🏻‍♂️

Homesteader

Homesteader

I use a product called mycoapply. Think I pay around $40 a bag.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Wallace WOW is Rhizophagus Intardaces. It's the best bang for your buck and you don't have to pay the hydro store "green tax".

DYNOMYCO

Supporter
Hi !

So, im about to run out of my actual favorite Fungi.

here what I currently use available in canada :
View attachment 1086660
View attachment 1086668

DYNOMYCO C™ contains 2,500 propagules per gram of Glomus intraradices endomycorrhizal fungi.

I dont have any other information toward this product....but, that's about 125$ for 500gram pouch.
Roughly, 1$ per 10 000 propagules..

Do you have any alternatives quality for cheaper ?
It can be easy to lose yourself in the propagules counts per gram in the many different product available, and even more depending on where you live !
As sure as this is usefull information to compare what best product is on the market today !

Happy growing !
Got to be honest with you - sometimes it's not worth going cheap.

I'll shoot some scientific facts to this conversation:

DYNOMYCO® is the product of thirty years of Israeli research. The species and strains that make up its active ingredients were carefully screened specifically for cannabis. Glomus intraradices and Glomus mosseae, the active ingredients in DYNOMYCO® mycorrhizal inoculants, are naturally-occurring arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) that have been identified and well-researched as powerful and effective plant symbionts that enhance nutrient uptake and water absorption and protect plants against various types of stress. DYNOMYCO® contains an especially vigorous strain of Glomus intraradices that was originally isolated from the harsh conditions of the Israeli Negev desert, along with additional strains of Glomus intraradices and Glomus mosseae from other territories, to ensure quick acclimation to other soil and media types and climates.

The combination of these two species of mycorrhizal fungi provide the following benefits to plants:

• Increased Phosphorus (P) uptake
• Increased Nitrogen (N) uptake
• Increased micro-nutrient uptake
• Improved plant establishment
• Increased flowering
• Increased crop yields
• Drought protection
• Drought tolerance
• Healthier root systems
• Disease suppression
• Salinity tolerance

Happy Growing!!!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Got to be honest with you - sometimes it's not worth going cheap.

I'll shoot some scientific facts to this conversation:

DYNOMYCO® is the product of thirty years of Israeli research. The species and strains that make up its active ingredients were carefully screened specifically for cannabis. Glomus intraradices and Glomus mosseae, the active ingredients in DYNOMYCO® mycorrhizal inoculants, are naturally-occurring arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) that have been identified and well-researched as powerful and effective plant symbionts that enhance nutrient uptake and water absorption and protect plants against various types of stress. DYNOMYCO® contains an especially vigorous strain of Glomus intraradices that was originally isolated from the harsh conditions of the Israeli Negev desert, along with additional strains of Glomus intraradices and Glomus mosseae from other territories, to ensure quick acclimation to other soil and media types and climates.

The combination of these two species of mycorrhizal fungi provide the following benefits to plants:

• Increased Phosphorus (P) uptake
• Increased Nitrogen (N) uptake
• Increased micro-nutrient uptake
• Improved plant establishment
• Increased flowering
• Increased crop yields
• Drought protection
• Drought tolerance
• Healthier root systems
• Disease suppression
• Salinity tolerance

Happy Growing!!!
Do you have any peer-reviewed whitepapers published in reputable journals that we can review to validate your claims?

The symbiotic relationships between specific fungi and plants have been known for eons, but I'm mainly curious what differentiates your product from all the others that are marketed specifically towards the cannabis community (many not peer-reviewed or with any kind of published articles in reputable scientific journals).

You have some excellent marketing copy (kudos to your team!) but it reads too sales pitch-y for someone like me that purchases based on data, not on some verbiage a marketing team A/B tested for maximum conversions.

DYNOMYCO

Supporter
Hey @Peat_Phreak,

Per weight, DYNOMYCO is indeed comparable to some products. However per plant or per propagule, DYNOMYCO is actually the least expensive mycorrhizae.
In the end of the day and that's what counts.

Last edited:
fishbuds

fishbuds

if you are looking to save the money. start a worm bin(s), their poop will do anything an expensive formulation can do, and more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom