Myrcene, mangoes, marijuana. Any thoughts?

• Thread starter NorthernOrganics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

An old friend of mine, back when I worked on motorbikes, showed me his garden one day and I remember him telling me "the plants, they grow like a mango tree" in a thick Trinidad accent. He grew only one strain that he called Mango and he would only smoke it fresh or dried for just a few days, harsh smoke but unbelievable high.

He was the first to tell me that mangoes will intensify your high. Mangoes contain myrcene which is a terpene found in cannabis. The idea is eating mangoes adds to the entourage effect of cannabinoids and terpenes by allowing THC to cross the blood brain barrier more easily. I used to drink pureed mango smoothies with my blunts in my 20's and swore it got me higher, but I was smoking so much weed back then. Now I get almost too high off one little bong rip, no mango smoothie.

Is there anything to the mango myrcene marijuana triangle? Anyone ever heard about cannabis and mango trees sharing genetics? Are there any cannabis growing secrets hidden in what is known about mango cultivation? Am I too stoned? Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Is there anything to the mango myrcene marijuana triangle? Anyone ever heard about cannabis and mango trees sharing genetics? Are there any cannabis growing secrets hidden in what is known about mango cultivation? Am I too stoned? Anyone have any thoughts?

(I thoroughly researched all all available sources for this.)

Maybe. I read, someplace or another, that myrcene is the dominant terp in all reefer.
They're both dicotyledonous plants, so you bet.
It would be just like a mango grower to have hidden secrets.
Signs point to yes.
Reply hazy. Try again.

M

MasterCookie

An old friend of mine, back when I worked on motorbikes, showed me his garden one day and I remember him telling me "the plants, they grow like a mango tree" in a thick Trinidad accent. He grew only one strain that he called Mango and he would only smoke it fresh or dried for just a few days, harsh smoke but unbelievable high.

He was the first to tell me that mangoes will intensify your high. Mangoes contain myrcene which is a terpene found in cannabis. The idea is eating mangoes adds to the entourage effect of cannabinoids and terpenes by allowing THC to cross the blood brain barrier more easily. I used to drink pureed mango smoothies with my blunts in my 20's and swore it got me higher, but I was smoking so much weed back then. Now I get almost too high off one little bong rip, no mango smoothie.

Why this trini guy sounds like my friend AS well.. he usually eats a mango before he smokes.. but alot of our local strain is dominant in myrcene. It usually gives you a focused head high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom