Mysterious Little Plant

• Thread starter Ellz10
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ellz10

Ellz10

So I planted this auto seed and it started to grow, however a week later this little thing started to grow too. No idea whatsoever where it came from. Any ideas?

Mysterious little plant
Mysterious little plant 2
Mysterious little plant 3
Mysterious little plant 4
stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

That's Lambsquater. Also known as Pigweed. It is edible, kind of like a spinach taste to it, if you ask me. It can be used for all sorts of skin irrigations, bug bites, sunburn etc. Definitely do not let it go to seed in your grow. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Ellz10

Ellz10

That's Lambsquater. Also known as Pigweed. It is edible, kind of like a spinach taste to it, if you ask me. It can be used for all sorts of skin irrigations, bug bites, sunburn etc. Definitely do not let it go to seed in your grow. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

What do you mean dont let it go to seed? I should pull it out now??? Its been there since I popped the seed almost a month ago... Will it be detrimental to the health of my plant?

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I had a grass seed sprout in my medium. Obviously they didn't get the compost up to proper prolonged temperatures to eliminate all the seeds. That is why I hate using aged manure in my vegetable garden.
20200306 145429

Reactions: Ina
stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

What do you mean dont let it go to seed? I should pull it out now??? Its been there since I popped the seed almost a month ago... Will it be detrimental to the health of my plant?
Lambsquarter is self-pollinating. If the plant gets beyond flower and seeds itself (which happens quickly after flowering), it can easily produce 50-70+ thousand seeds. Depending on the area in which you grow, it might be difficult to rid the area of all of the seeds, resulting in more Lambsquarter plants. It will not really be too detrimental to a cannabis plant, but anything growing in the same medium as your plant is utilizing at least some of the nutrients, root space etc that you are trying to provide for your cannabis plant. If you don't feel good about killing it for no reason, just pop the entire plant in your mouth and eat it. In my opinion, they taste even better as babies haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Latest posts

Top Bottom