Mysterious White Bumps on Leaves- Please Help!

• Thread starter montanamike1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
montanamike1

montanamike1

This shit is spreading rapidly and I have no idea what it is- here's some pics- the ladies are grown in Roots Organic, no foliar feeding, no stresses other than maybe a bit on the hot side in the room-
Deficency 011jpg
Deficency 014jpg

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

More info please, what are the day/night temps? what is the day/night RH? what light(s) are you using? how many weeks veg and bloom?

I never seen that before, but I'm sure if you post more info someone will be able to help you out. Make sure you clean your grow space before and after every cycle and don't go in there with dirty hands or clothes on. Disease, mold/mildew and fungus spread relatively easy especially in a hot and/or humid environments. I never seen a nutrient deficiency that looked like that so I'm guessing it's from the conditions of your environment, maybe some type of mold?? Hopefully someone else can give you more help because I don't know exactly what it is, sorry buddy.

montanamike1

montanamike1

Temps are running hot- maybe 92 daytime, 84 nighttime, RH around 40 day and night, using 1,000w HPS and MH for flower, 5 weeks veg, various stages of flower, and I sulfer burn regularly. I keep a very sterile environment (as far as you can in organic dirt) and I have been growing for over 3 years and have never see this before either.

Hopefully some highly experienced farmer can jump in and help out?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yeah hopefully someone knows what it is and they can help you out before it gets worse. Sounds like the only problem with your grow is the heat, but I never seen high temps do that before. I had problems in the past with temps getting around 90 degrees and that never happened to my plants. Did you check out Google?? Sometimes its quicker to try and find it by using a search engine like Google because you might not get the answer on the Farm for another day or 2, good luck.

montanamike1

montanamike1

Here ya go- more pics- the problem is spreading so any info would be greatly apprecited- no visible bugs, no other clues...
Diagnose 009
Diagnose 009
Diagnose 012
Diagnose 009
Diagnose 010
Diagnose 012
Diagnose 014

sorry I don't have a better camera- that's as close as i can get.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey montanamike, did you search on Google?? Just search "white bumps on leaves" and hopefully you find something useful to help yourself out, good luck bro.

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

what PPM are you feeding them? When was the last time you burned sulfur? do you get sweaty leaves at those temps,? Do you have a fan blowing directly on the girls? To me it looks like a bit of burning from over fert or wind burns from a fan, but its kinda hard to tell from those pics.. Try to post better pics of the whole plant..

montanamike1

montanamike1

The pics are of a Sour Lemon OG in Wk 4 of Flower, not revegged- whatever this stuff is, it is attacking the buds as well. PPMs are very low- runnin the 5ml Master schedule Roots Organics line so I can promise it ain't nute burn. I vaporize sulfer at wk 2 (done that for over a year now as preventative), a UV Germicidal light/HEPA filter, and I promise I wash my hands before and after manhandling my ladies :) I have 2 oscillating fans in the room, however I've never seen wind burns look like raised white bumps before... i'll try again with the pics today and see-

lex- the google search turned up nothing :( I guess I have the honor of discovering a brand new plant malady, lol.

Thanks for the responses so far- eventually someone is bound to recognize this and tell me what to do. Here's what the rest of the plant looks like- pretty happy and healthy otherwise.
Diagnose 006
Diagnose 007

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Damn, Google turned up nothing, that sucks. Good thing is that its not ruining your enrire crop because those plants look great. So is it only on 1 plant??

Sica

Sica

to me it looks like some sort of nutrient imbalance, since you have some tips that are light, some yellowing of the outer edges of your older/middle leaves and those appear to be necrotic spots. I'd suggest flushing your pots with clean water and doing a fresh mix of full strength nutes adjusted for ph and ec. I suspect the white spots will get worse on the leaves already affected and eventually die and fall off. If this is the case, then the rest of your plants will be fine. Be careful with heat it stresses your plants and makes them do silly things like die

Dr.X

Dr.X

Hello Montana, do you have your UV light above the plants? Is it UVB or UVC? When I used UVB above my plant some of the leafs showed a similar symptom. Some plants do not tolerate UVB as well as others.
If you have UVC light, don't place it above the plants, as it is extremely harmful for them.

montanamike1

montanamike1

Here's what's happening as it's progressing- early signs are showing in a batch that just started flowering two wks ago. Just giving em plain water for a week or so and hope this clears up...
Problems 003
Problems 004
Problems 005
Problems 009
Problems 012
Problems 013

Problems 014
C

cannabaholic

Just curious if you figured out what was causing this?? My last 2 grows in coco I had the same thing occur. Starts at the bottom and progresses up, areas of the plant receiving the lowest amount of light seem to be most affected? Ive been racking my brain on this one for awhile:confused:

sonofdust

sonofdust

Montanamike1 I did some checking in the bug book, see if this fits the description. Mites, Gall. Adults; nearly invisible, elongate,cylindrical, pale yellow or tan mites with two pairs of legs at the front end. Mites burrow from undersides into leaf tissue of pears,currants and many ORNAMENTALS. Leaves react by forming raised blisters, puckers, or galls along the leaf margins. Some blisters,especially on maples,are bright red,others are yellow or brown. Life cycle; Numerous overlapping generations all season. Mites overwinter in crevices in bark, crawling onto new growth in the spring. Hope this is of some help, the closest thing I could find.

montanamike1

montanamike1

Awesome sonfofdust, much appreciated, that makes sense since I haven't had the problem recur after using floramite.

homebrew420

homebrew420

that is not mite damage. It looks to me to be a nutrient problem. over feeding is my guess. And that is all it is. I do not believe this to be a pest problem. fwiw

Peace

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Considering he continuously tried different methods to figure out what nutrient deficiency his plants had and couldn't figure it out, but as soon as he uses floramite it goes away......I'm sure there is a good possibility it was mite damage.

Over feeding produces white bumps on plant leaves? What happened to leaf edges getting nutrient burn and/or causing lockouts?

I apologize if I seem condescending because I'm not trying to be, but I've never seen nor heard of over feeding nutes to cause white bumps on plant leaves. If you don't mind please let me know how you came to this conclusion and whether or not you've seen this from over feeding in the past, thanks.

Top Bottom