Mystery seeds... is there a way/guide or something/one that could help me identify my cultivation?

• Thread starter SnubbelA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SnubbelA

SnubbelA

Hey!
First of all:
I am new to both the site and to cultivating. I joined up to be able to talk to people (whom knows more- or less:)). And for fun :)

Some back story:
A couple of months ago i got(bought) some cb that had some seeds in it. There was about 20 seeds in 1 ounce. It was an ”ok” smoke- just about ordinary. But i cant remember too much of the characteristics. In the last years i cant remember many times that ive gotten seeds in my green.
I most have though something of it - otherwise i would not have saved them. Lately the prices have been touching the clouds - but the smoke has been in the gutter. So i decided to germinate the seeds, to see what i could get out of them.
Due to poor planning and lack of skills I was only able to get 10 sprouts. I divided the seeds 10/10. Did the ”Soaked paper in a container”-method - but somehow i forgot to put the lid on one of the containers... so the paper dired out and i just dumped it in the trash.
All of a sudden stuff happened quick - and I was not prepared. I did not have pots, soil or a plan. So i was emptying closets, looking through the attic-space - for stuff to use. I did find some old pots and some planting soil from some year ago when i dabbled with tomatoes and Peppers.
I did have some stuff that was ment for growning - but most things needed I had to buy. Some second hand and some new.
The poor plants have not had it easy - and at the moment there is just 9 survivors. Some of them healthier than others.

They are about 4 weeks old - and i have tried to determine sex - but i have not been able to single out any guys yet.

I was thinkning about posting pictures and ask for help (in any way and form). Its not that important to find out what strain it could be - but it would be nice to know. It seems that each strain have some does and donts - likes and dislikes. I would just like to be able to produce some nice flowers to help me medicate with out having to pay a fortune to support criminal organisations and other shit.

As soon as I get home i will take some pics and post. Is there anything i should concentrate on when taking the pictures - so you can see what i might need to work with/fix.. ?

Thanks a mill
/maXem

Lightskinmane

Lightskinmane

I’m no expert but the first identification is the structure of the plant . Small and bushy means it’s a indica and long and lanky meaning it a sativa. Some plants might even have purple leaves . Later in flowering bud structure ,smell ,and color should help as well if you go into flowering good and don’t have any big problems in flowering . Hope that helps a little and you can always look up the strain as a plant

growsince79

growsince79

I’m no expert but the first identification is the structure of the plant . Small and bushy means it’s a indica and long and lanky meaning it a sativa. Some plants might even have purple leaves . Later in flowering bud structure ,smell ,and color should help as well if you go into flowering good and don’t have any big problems in flowering . Hope that helps a little and you can always look up the strain as a plant
100% sativa vs 80% indica.

IMG 20210228 160928056
IMG 20210226 173834676
Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Hey!
First of all:
I am new to both the site and to cultivating. I joined up to be able to talk to people (whom knows more- or less:)). And for fun :)

Some back story:
A couple of months ago i got(bought) some cb that had some seeds in it. There was about 20 seeds in 1 ounce. It was an ”ok” smoke- just about ordinary. But i cant remember too much of the characteristics. In the last years i cant remember many times that ive gotten seeds in my green.
I most have though something of it - otherwise i would not have saved them. Lately the prices have been touching the clouds - but the smoke has been in the gutter. So i decided to germinate the seeds, to see what i could get out of them.
Due to poor planning and lack of skills I was only able to get 10 sprouts. I divided the seeds 10/10. Did the ”Soaked paper in a container”-method - but somehow i forgot to put the lid on one of the containers... so the paper dired out and i just dumped it in the trash.
All of a sudden stuff happened quick - and I was not prepared. I did not have pots, soil or a plan. So i was emptying closets, looking through the attic-space - for stuff to use. I did find some old pots and some planting soil from some year ago when i dabbled with tomatoes and Peppers.
I did have some stuff that was ment for growning - but most things needed I had to buy. Some second hand and some new.
The poor plants have not had it easy - and at the moment there is just 9 survivors. Some of them healthier than others.

They are about 4 weeks old - and i have tried to determine sex - but i have not been able to single out any guys yet.

I was thinkning about posting pictures and ask for help (in any way and form). Its not that important to find out what strain it could be - but it would be nice to know. It seems that each strain have some does and donts - likes and dislikes. I would just like to be able to produce some nice flowers to help me medicate with out having to pay a fortune to support criminal organisations and other shit.

As soon as I get home i will take some pics and post. Is there anything i should concentrate on when taking the pictures - so you can see what i might need to work with/fix.. ?

Thanks a mill
/maXem
Hi n welcome. There's not a lot u can do unless u know or have an idea of what strain u have.. Mystery seeds is what ya got. I wouldn't call it a problem. As long as there all fem.. Do keep n eye on them till the sex. Any males chuck. U can go on the net and there are sites with a guide to see leaf guide. U can get a rough guide to what u have. Other than that mate u have mystery on your hands. Some like mystery seeds. And some stay away from them.. I have 4 going at the mo. And all I know is they are a mystery till done.. Gl n happy growing

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

This is a good reference. To truely identify you need to wait awhile. True test is in the taste
B6829BB5 2E52 4300 9581 AC8C4468B433

SnubbelA

SnubbelA

Hi Again!
Thanks for the ”good vibes” and answers!
I have been reading lots and lots of guides on how to determine sex. Because I dont have any real life knowIedge cultivating I was led to believe That you _should_ be able to tell in just a couple of weeks. Ive been looking with a magnifying glass - and was non the wiser. Now that Ive been getting some answers and a little bit more of on-hands learning im sure that I just have to wait a little bit longer and it will become fairly obvious. Im just worrying about pollination. Due to lack of both skills and good materials (pots, light, etc etc) the plants has had some hard times. @2-3 weeks after germination I did recieve backup in form of an order i placed after Understanding how great it all could have been with the right stuff from the beginning. So the mystery seeds is my training/testing/finding-plants. I can dabble with different pots, different pruning and training (LST) techniques. Learning by doing is a well proven concept. I now have some understanding of what to and what not to do.

So @2weeks ago i planted some ”real” seeds (with out the mystery this time).
I have built 2 setups - one in a closet and one in a small tent. Sadly I did run into some problems with ”the second beginning”.right in the beginning. I had my non-mystery seeds ready and was waiting for my ”lets do this righ—order”. I could follow my order with the postal service providers app. So i started germination of my seeds two days before the order was too arrive. I was feeling like a kid on x-mas morning. And when the postman sent me a message that he was about 10 minutes away i felt some butterflys, flapping around in my stomach. I opened the door and He gave me One package, and told me to hold on - because he could not carry both parcels up the stairs to my apartment.

I quickly opened the first package - and was very happy to see the grow light that i spent so much time researching... and really sorted out from hundreds and hundreds of other lights. Now i just had to open parccel number 2 and get the growing going!.....but NO... parcel number 2 did not have anything in it that i ordered. It was just filled with some black plastic ”boards” and some round plastic things that I definitely had not ordered. The thing that sucked the most was that my seeds had already sprouted - and i knew that it would take at least 7 days before I could get the things that i acually had payed for. I hade to start a complaint, take photos and declare the problem to the grow-shop that i made the buy from...

Now I had to take action - or just throw away seeds for about $80 - but this was not something i was ever ready to do. So I had to try to get a hold of some ”some-what-ok” grow medium. I live in a small city in a small country - so there is not to much shops to choose from except flower-markets. But I was planning on growing in coco/perlite. In the fifth store, two cities away i found some ok substitute for the first week/s. (Pelt, bark, clayballs and Vermaculite as Perlite was either sold out or not something they had in stock). Im not a person with a large bank acc. I live from ”paycheck to paycheck” and was not too happy spending almost double up for grow medium that i already had payed for (and that was beeing sent to me - but from another country, so I did not really have a choice).

I was a bit sad and down on my luck - but now i could at least save my sprouting darlings!

Should i start a new thread about my second batch? I was thinking about posting pics and recieve tips and trix by seasoned growers. I would like to know if its looks good, if my setup is allright, if there i things that i should be aware of/consider/do.

Got to say that I have learned quite a bit in a short period of time. But all i can think of is the ”next batch” (nr3). when i have all things needed from start. And probably abit more knowledge!

Im happy i found this community - i think I can get alot of help and ideas - and hopefully provide someone with something in return - In due time.

Good Vibes OnlY!

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Ya you could. What seeds did you end up with? How big of pots? Did you get them in dirt yet?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
pictures! im a hillbilly, i need pictures!

welcome aboard, the folks here are very knowledgeable.

hope you get it all straightened out and have much success!

i did about the same, i planted 4 bag seed, then got good seeds in and now i have the 4 that are a couple of weeks ahead, and probably photos, and the good ones are autos.

as for the gender, they told me that after the veg stage they will show themselves. i have seen a few posts here with pictures, if you just search male or female. and i found this link helpful - Preflower sex it has pictures and explains things pretty simply.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Practice makes perfect! When you take pictures, try and get them in natural light. Whole plant pics and also pics of whatever you may have questions about. Plenty of help around here if you seem like you’ve at least researched what’s already available.

SnubbelA

SnubbelA

pictures! im a hillbilly, i need pictures!

welcome aboard, the folks here are very knowledgeable.

hope you get it all straightened out and have much success!

i did about the same, i planted 4 bag seed, then got good seeds in and now i have the 4 that are a couple of weeks ahead, and probably photos, and the good ones are autos.

as for the gender, they told me that after the veg stage they will show themselves. i have seen a few posts here with pictures, if you just search male or female. and i found this link helpful - Preflower sex it has pictures and explains things pretty simply.

Pictures is about to drop....in this post ;)
Yeah - so far i have been impressed witht the friendly tone in the threads, even if some people maybe should at least put some effort into educating themselves - and not just rely on other people to give them the correct info - until next snag, and next, and next. I think its amazing that folk help one and another, even if I perceive some Threads/people/q’s only to be on the lazy side, rather then the interested one(S).

I am a newb-eginner for sure - but I do have some theoretical understanding - and now a little little bit of practical. But i truly love this hobby. Im somewhat of a nerd - so when i can dive into different qualities, forms, methods and all that; i get lost in time. All of a sudden have I been reading up on water. Been calling the waterplant that provides my water to get more exact info. After that call i realiased that there was a whole lot of different ways to explain the same thing. One German, one English, One French and ofcourse TWO academic ways to say the same.... I had To do some own calculations to prove to myself that I got it right. And as Im learning I have noted that this is typical. Down the rabbit Hole....

Im im sure that my Mystery Seeds (now known as ”#MYS”) are photos. But I am not totally sure when they were born. I think it was 4, maybe 5 weeks ago. But they are small. I had them in very small pots w/o drainage for abour 3 weekss - then i transfered them into real pots..when my ”save the day and start from new-order” half-arrived. Now they are chilling in 3 to 4 gall felt or airpots.

I did only put down 6 autos - and i did plant 3 different kinds. I need to have different types depending on; time of day, pain level, angst etc. I did go for 2 Sativa dom and 1 Indica.
Cali Snow (A) S70/I30
Wedding Cheese Cake (A) S65/I35
Strawberry Pie (A) S15/I85

I know that most growers dont like to mix it up in the grow space as different strains have different needs and characteristics - but i think i can manage not to top-grow, dont need to squeese every last gram. But surely it would pay off To have the uniformity. Like i said before - this is my first time ever doing this - so i have to build up a little buffert before going FuLL on MAX - and ofc: i will need to learn alot more to get good results.

1014EC99 BBAB 458D B52E B7500C7F7C56
#MYS
2193F19F A177 4435 A23D B8EB75447A36
#STRAW. #CALSNOW. #WEDDPIE
55C836B5 5227 4E38 8633 F5EE100E3078
#inTheCloset

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

Look for 3/4 gro guides for beginners. Use ur common sinse and cross reference the guides to see what’s similar and what’s not.

source YouTube to show various ways/methods to do whatever or show whatever grow methods you want like cloning, let, lights, fertilizer etc etc.

Look up the answers to your questions in the appropriate thread related to it. Since it’s been asked hundreds of times your answers await you. don’t forget google is your friend.

also look at or lurk at other cannabis boards. There are many ways to do the same basic shit so kiss = keep or simple stupid is the way to roll. It’s how I have done shit between overgrow closing down and forced retirement in 09’.
kiss saves money, frustration, time and effort.

lastly don’t let anyone talk you into a bunch of supplements and additives to grow pot. Just as many grow Dank without that shit as those who use it. This is a long standing grow fact.
Keep notes 📝

Top Bottom