Mystery solving: Invisible things chewing leaf edges

• Thread starter aubi280
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aubi280

aubi280

Hi guys. I had or have a problem here and looking for opinions.

Early week 2 of veg, the edges of my plants started to get chewed hard. Currently 2 days into week 4 veg.

I'm using insecticidal soap weekly. Since that discover I have been doing 2 x (3 days b2b treatments) so 6 sprays in the last 2 weeks. The hydro store told me it was probablly caterpillars ( I never saw a single bug on the crop and inspected every under/top leaves & stems). I'm debating right now to figure out if the fucked up leaves are just the result of the chewed leaves growing up and looking way worst or I still have a problem and cant figure out. I'm also wondering if the h2o2 in my humidifier could eat the edges of leaves ( probablly not but asking to eliminate this ). Could it also be a disease or virus ?

Set up in a tent in rockwool cubes. Under LED ppfd @ 400. Temps 80F° 75%rh stable. PH 6.0 & EC 2.4

Here is photos/videos of the last 3 weeks growing.

Thank you guys !!

Mystery solving invisible things chewing leaf edges
Aaflexy

Aaflexy

I’m not a expert but it kind of looks like broad mites to me but a mild version of their damage

aubi280

aubi280

I’m not a expert but it kind of looks like broad mites to me but a mild version of their damage
I tought about it but broad mites dont chew chunks out of leaves they are sucking insects. At first leaves were shiny but it went away quick. It's only big bites now the plants are healthy !

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I don't know what would eat the serration off the edges of the leaves.

If it's catarpillars, try BT.

Caterpillars leave poop evidence below the damage.

aubi280

aubi280

I don't know what would eat the serration off the edges of the leaves.

If it's catarpillars, try BT.

Caterpillars leave poop evidence below the damage.
I know right ? like wtf is that pest. I should get BT to get a double action with Potassium fatty soap good idea. No poops on leaves.

aubi280

aubi280

So I went back to the Hydrostore. I have been using "Safer end all" 20% potass fatty acid insecticidal spray. The boys told me that stuff is organic but its strong and if you spray under leaves without rinsing they are sufocating and kinda eating the leaves edges. It would make sense. Will trust them and ease on the spray ! I never tought insecticidal soap could do damage to leaves !

Top Bottom