Mystery Volunteer - possibly ECSD S1

• Thread starter British_Hempire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

British_Hempire

Hiya folks

A while back THC4Sim gave me an SFV OG Kush BX1 that sadly turned out male, out of it's pot of coco sprouted a seedling, from the recycled coco a seed must have been left over.

I removed it, potted it out and let it grow, it was a very healthy and vigourous plant from day one, I cloned it then put it into flower.

She went past 3x increase in height in first 2 weeks, really tall lady, she doesn't like to branch, just likes to grow as one big cola it seems.

I think this is an ECSD S1, or it may be an ECSD dominant pheno of ECSD x Hazy's Haze or ECSD x NYCD, one of Sim's girls threw a nanner or two it seems.

Mystery volunteer   possibly ecsd s1
Mystery volunteer   possibly ecsd s1 2
Mystery volunteer   possibly ecsd s1 3
Mystery volunteer   possibly ecsd s1 4
Mystery volunteer   possibly ecsd s1 5
Mystery volunteer   possibly ecsd s1 6
Mystery volunteer   possibly ecsd s1 7
Mystery volunteer   possibly ecsd s1 8
Mystery volunteer   possibly ecsd s1 9
Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
She's a very odd lookin plant BH

B

British_Hempire

She is indeed, just wants to grow as one big cola, doesn't branch. Also, she doesn't like to grow more than 5 leaf blades and has few fan leaves, I haven't removed any, she just didn't grow many, I have a feeling that this could turn out to be a big yielder. She has been slightly overfed, hence the clawing on some leaves, and curly leaves at the top is due to lower light levels, sats often do this in low light, this is because she grew too tall and the top grew past the HPS, I have added a 30W CFL just above her and the leaves are straightening out again now. I reckon she is gonna take 12 weeks minimum. I have kept a clone just in case she turns out to be a keeper.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I also think she's gonna yield well because you can tell she's gonna fill in something fierce:clapping

B

British_Hempire

Yeah, the skeleton for a monster cola is there already, now it's just a case of watching her fill in and praying she has some density to the buds, looks to me like she will have an excellent calyx to leaf ratio, and the earliest calyxes that formed on the meristem have turned fairly purple too so she could get quite pretty soon. I also think she is gonna be pretty resinous as she had visible triches on her meristem when she was 3 weeks into flower, which is unusual.

B

British_Hempire

A quick update on the mystery volunteer, she is looking like she's gonna form one huge cola as she has been busily carrying on filling in, already lots of resin has appeared, she is gonna be a frosty lady for sure, also, some pistils have turned a rusty red colour, they don't look like they have been pollinated as they aren't shrivelled, just they have changed colour, the bracts they are growing out of aren't swelling either so I don't hink this is a change of colour due to seeding, just looks like she has sopme coloured pistils and no pollination has occured, wierd, seen pink and red pistils on a plant before, but not like this with just a few scattered about.

Sims Volunteer 07 12 08 0001
Sims Volunteer 07 12 08 0002
Sims Volunteer 07 12 08 0003
Sims Volunteer 07 12 08 0004
P

phoenix

It often seems to be the way that when you recieve a mystery gift from the ganja goddess,it is indeed just that-a gift-and very often wothwhile
good luck

B

British_Hempire

I agree phoenix, sometimes the best things have the most unusual origins!

To me, it's very intriguing to watch this lady develop, from day one when she appeared mysteriously she has had a strong desire to grow, had more vigour than anything else in the garden, clone of her rooted really fast and is now growing like mad in veg, she had incredible growth when put into flower, seems this gal had a real lust for life!

Fingers crossed she smokes really nicely...

B

British_Hempire

Well, she has had 8 weeks of flowering so far and doesn't look even halfway done, very sativa expression indeed, but plenty of resin is building.

Volunteer 11 12 08 0001
Volunteer 11 12 08 0002
B

British_Hempire

Sim's Volunteer is doing nicely, slowly filling out now, she is gonna be one monster cola, I have let her grow up the corner of my space so all the branching is facing the light. Only way I can fit this leggy bitch into my space!

Volunteer 14 12 08 0001
Volunteer 14 12 08 0002
Volunteer 14 12 08 0003
Volunteer 14 12 08 0004
Volunteer 14 12 08 0005
Volunteer 14 12 08 0006
Volunteer 14 12 08 0007
Volunteer 14 12 08 0008
Volunteer 14 12 08 0009
B

British_Hempire

I pulled the second mystery sprout out and took some better pics, as you can see, she's a very sativa leaning lady indeed, I'm praying she fills out a lot as the buds are looking like they might be very airy. She is at 53 days, looks like she's gonna go 16 weeks!

Volunteer 2 11 12 08 0001
Volunteer 2 11 12 08 0002
Volunteer 2 11 12 08 0003
Volunteer 2 11 12 08 0004
Volunteer 2 11 12 08 0005
Volunteer 2 11 12 08 0006
Volunteer 2 11 12 08 0007
Volunteer 2 11 12 08 0008
Volunteer 2 11 12 08 0009
Volunteer 2 11 12 08 0010
Volunteer 2 11 12 08 0011
T

thc4sim

Hia BH!!

be interesting to have a toke of these sometime next year!!
to see what the hell it tastes like so i can work out her origins!! lol
are both these off me? or just the first 1??

B

British_Hempire

Hia BH!!

be interesting to have a toke of these sometime next year!!
to see what the hell it tastes like so i can work out her origins!! lol
are both these off me? or just the first 1??

Hiya mate

I will definitely bring these down for sampling, some wierd shit going on indeed!

The first one is yours, the second one is a seed i started deliberately but the label was misplaced in early veg so since it was 3 nodes tall I've not known what it was, pretty certain it must be Purple Afghan x Thai tho, can't for the life of me think of anything else I've started recently that could produce so sativa an expression!

The one of yours is a total mystery, from what I remember you had Hazys Haze, ECSD, NYCD and Cheese at the time, so it's likely I guess that one of those threw a nanner that pollinated either itself of one of the others and made a seed, but how you get such a sativa plant out of those genes is a mystery to me! I suppose the most likely is that it's either a wierd recessive pheno from the haze or an ECSD x Haze. Not a single nanner on her so far, I kept a cut of her so if she turns out to be a keeper you can try her yourself.

There is a third mystery plant now, another volunteer, this one sprouted out of the coco in the pot a Purple Afghan was flowered in, but a good week after the PA had been harvested, I just spotted this little sprout one day sticking out of the coco so I removed it, put it in it's own pot and let it grow - and whaddya know? It's another sativa, looks pretty sativa dom in veg, quite lanky, no idea what it is. i have just popped it into flower to see what sex it is, I think it's gonna be a male.

Top Bottom