N tox? Canna coco nutrients in coco/perlite

• Thread starter Monkee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Monkee

Hi!

Think I might have some N tox going on ?.

Fast Buds Gorilla Cookies Auto

Day 54 since cotyledons opened

Medium
Coco/perlite 70/30 in 3 gallon fabric pot

Nutrients
Canna Coco A+B
Canna Cal Mag
Canna Rhizotonic
Canna Cannazym
Canna Boost

Been fertigating 3 times a day with a total EC of 1.2 with about 20% run off

I have soft water ( just shy of 0.2 EC) so I add Cal Mag till EC of 0.4 then A->B->Rhizo->Zym->Boost and my final EC is 1.2
PH when fertigating ranges from 5.8-6.2 ( mostly around 6.0)

( realised I have adding to much Rhizo and will lower on next mix but it should not affect N ? )

RH is around 50% and temps are around 25 Celcius durings lights on ( about 20 Celcius lights off)
DLI is around 40 at edges and about 50+ i center (Using Uni-T BT lux meter in combo with PPFD android app so values are not 100% ofc)

I read on Canna Calmag bottle that its 6% N (6.0.0)

Since the only way to lower N is to eliminate Cal mag ? or what sould I do ?

N tox canna coco nutrients in cocoperlite
N tox canna coco nutrients in cocoperlite 2
N tox canna coco nutrients in cocoperlite 3
M

Monkee

It should be hard to get N tox while only feeding 1.2EC
Thast what I though aswell even though this is an autoflower and they usually wants lower EC but why is it clawing ( leafs are on the darker side aswell ) This is my first Coco grow and I', still a newb with only 2 grows before this one.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

I would continue doing what you are doing. If the light is more than 18 inches away, move it closer. You can reduce N for a couple feedings by using less part B if you want. It will reduce calcium too. Which can be a problem.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Does Canna A/B have enough calcium on it's own? Perhaps you can ditch the additional CalMag and just use the base nutrients?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I found this thread:

It does look like their A B has a decent amount of calcium in it already.

M

Monkee

I would continue doing what you are doing. If the light is more than 18 inches away, move it closer. You can reduce N for a couple feedings by using less part B if you want. It will reduce calcium too. Which can be a problem.
I
I use the lux meter hack tested by Migro with a Uni-T BT lux meter and PPFD android app and I know it's not exact but my PPFD ranges from around 600 (edges) and 700 at center with a DLI between 40 -50+ ( running 20/4)

M

Monkee

I found this thread:

It does look like their A B has a decent amount of calcium in it already.
Yea was thinking of skipping calmag in the mix I do today and see ( I mix for 3 days at the time)

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Yea was thinking of skipping calmag in the mix I do today and see ( I mix for 3 days at the time)
Sounds like a solid plan, just be careful since you're already in flower but it does seem like their A/B base nutrients should be fine on their own.

Shoot an email to their customer support if you have the option. I've always had good luck going that route.

Your problem seems strange since 1.2EC isn't really all that high as already mentioned. Keep us updated!

M

Monkee

Did a closer inspection this morning and this is what I see( only on 1 place) and this is Calcium deficiency right ?.

Guess I'll have to go get me a bottle of GHE Calimagi since it has lower N as it's 1/0/0.

How should I act from here ?

Thanks

Cannabis Grow IMG 20220302 075635

M

Monkee

Where are you seeing the deficiency?
The brown parts on the leafs or is that not a deficiency ?.
I have done alot of LST and this is what normally would be the "top" of the plant. I don't see these brown parts on any other leaf.
Maby I'm overthinking things as this is my first Coco grow and I guestimate I have about 4+more weeks before cutting her down ( My previous grows has been around 90 days and I'm on day 57 now and if I have a problem I'd like to try fix it before it becomes a to big problem.

She seems to grow fine othervise and should start fattening up soon I hope.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
You could always bump your base nutrients up a notch or 2 if you think you're seeing deficiencies. It's hard to say from the pics. I'd just keep a close eye on things.

M

Monkee

You could always bump your base nutrients up a notch or 2 if you think you're seeing deficiencies. It's hard to say from the pics. I'd just keep a close eye on things.
Thanks I'll try to adress the N "prob" first with skipping the Calmag ( with to much N in it ) then maby go in with PK 13/14 in a week or so for a week as I understand you should feed PK 13/14 for only a week and aprox 3 weeks before harvest.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I'd say leave the EC where it is and increase the number of feedings. 3x a day in coco isn't much. I'm doing 5x.

M

Monkee

I'd say leave the EC where it is and increase the number of feedings. 3x a day in coco isn't much. I'm doing 5x.
I wish I could do more than 3 but I'm hand feeding and have no way of setting a a automated system atm :/ ( will for sure fix that for my next grow though )

Latest posts

Top Bottom