N toxicity?

• Thread starter Raku
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If your PPMs are as low as you say, the problem doesn't sound like overfeeding. Your Ph values look pretty good and your light sounds more than adequet unless too close. Did you just start using any new lights recently? I'm not familiar with your nutrient, but I would try to get a general purpose fertilizer with some, but not a ton, of Nitrogen, simply because you are in flowering (otherwise I'd use 20-20-20). You aren't showing Nitrogen toxicity, but bad P/K ratios can cause lockouts... not sure if it would show up on a PPM meter like some things do.
On a side note, they could also be approaching the end of flowering, which often causes leaves, especially the lower fan leaves, to yellow and drop off. With the small pots that they are in, the nutrient reserve isn't too high an they might just need a snack... unless it is just old age!

Its a coco grow. Could be a calcium thing or need more feeds per day or something. I figured i would bump the thread for a coco advisor again since you commented too. :-)

Raku

Raku

thanks everybody! still figuring out how to use thcfarmer.

okay so no new lights, 2 1000watt hps with supplemental led lights (2 1500watt yehsence led)

if i bump up to two feeds a day what would someone recommend my PPM going into the pot be?

i’m only in the middle of week 5 of flower so i don’t think they should be looking like they are for what day of flower i’m at, but i could for sure be wrong about that. i still have 3-4 weeks left until harvest, probably closer to 3 weeks left

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

okay so no new lights, 2 1000watt hps with supplemental led lights (2 1500watt yehsence led)

if i bump up to two feeds a day what would someone recommend my PPM going into the pot be?

i’m only in the middle of week 5 of flower so i don’t think they should be looking like they are for what day of flower i’m at, but i could for sure be wrong about that. i still have 3-4 weeks left until harvest, probably closer to 3 weeks left

Some better pics of the full plants would help. Side shots too.

Raku

Raku

had some issues at the beginning and flipped to soon and had shit luck filling my trellis out but here’s some more through a green lens

5DBD8F05 DAEF 49CE A195 D77530542E0F
9A67F2FC 6CFA 4ACC 8847 3014B31147B2
726C59B1 5123 4C13 B778 74BCE262E041
EDDA7484 26B6 4FB3 9813 44BC9796B135
40FFC3E5 C6F4 4FE2 98EA D0DB53789618
9102AC54 42B2 475D 9F63 642583AE7A59
7CC4EE92 D76C 483D 82E5 53BD3E8EE0C9
AAA808E7 6454 421B 94A6 E7000E7C9EED
A0504D13 D67E 457A 83DA 76BC64324B34
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Its a coco grow. Could be a calcium thing or need more feeds per day or something. I figured i would bump the thread for a coco advisor again since you commented too. :-)
Wouldn't a

That's a LOT of light... how big is your grow area? If possible, can you post a pic that shows the whole plant so I can get a better idea of it's size? With that much light, you should have redwoods growing!
***** UPDATE ****

I looked at the photos and saw that they were MUCH bigger than the pictures suggested. I It looks like you defoliated them and I think that is where the problem lies. The larger leaves store nutrients to use primarily during flowering and seed set. Without the larger storehouses, the plant starts to use what it already has stashed away, especially if there isn't enough of a particular nutrient present. I think the plant probably is hungry but I'm unsure how much a plant of that size is hungry for.
I don't trim more than a few leaves off of my plants, but that is just my style. I know that some defoliate aggressively (looks like you might lean this way). I also grow them pretty tall, so I get a lot of yield from the side branches as well. I don't normally see yellowing until about 7 weeks into flowering, depending on the strain. The reason I asked about lighting was last year I swapped out bulbs, using a 10K "finishing" bulb. I'm not sure how much it helped, but it killed off a bunch of fan leaves but left newer growth intact...within about 3 days!

Last edited:
Raku

Raku

it’s a 9x16 room ceiling is almost 7ft but lights are at about 6.5 ft. and absolutely i totally agree about the redwoods, they should be almost to the ceiling but they were super stressed in the beginning, this runs been a big learning experience to say the least.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
it’s a 9x16 room ceiling is almost 7ft but lights are at about 6.5 ft. and absolutely i totally agree about the redwoods, they should be almost to the ceiling but they were super stressed in the beginning, this runs been a big learning experience to say the least.
If you need any advice, drop me a private message. I use Promix, and a combo of MH and HPS lighting. No LEDs yet, but plants grow to light height in a little over 2 months, although some strains are shorter. The sativa were interesting as they grew very tall despite being split several times.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
I mostly grew in DWC, eventually using almost all of AN's lineup; did the same, with the full lineup, in 100 and 150 gallon ProMix filled bags. I can't say enough good things about AN (although i'm sure others love what they use just as much); one of those things is not on how accurate their dosing guidelines are though. I can't really see how far along your plants are, so i won't say that you're feeding too heavily.

Although from another forum, i've always found MynameStich's Sick Plant Guide to be a boon; lots'a pictures and he speaks of multiple grow mediums.

The Complete Guide to Sick Plants, pH and Pest troubles!

Raku

Raku

Wouldn't a

That's a LOT of light... how big is your grow area? If possible, can you post a pic that shows the whole plant so I can get a better idea of it's size? With that much light, you should have redwoods growing!
***** UPDATE ****

I looked at the photos and saw that they were MUCH bigger than the pictures suggested. I It looks like you defoliated them and I think that is where the problem lies. The larger leaves store nutrients to use primarily during flowering and seed set. Without the larger storehouses, the plant starts to use what it already has stashed away, especially if there isn't enough of a particular nutrient present. I think the plant probably is hungry but I'm unsure how much a plant of that size is hungry for.
I don't trim more than a few leaves off of my plants, but that is just my style. I know that some defoliate aggressively (looks like you might lean this way). I also grow them pretty tall, so I get a lot of yield from the side branches as well. I don't normally see yellowing until about 7 weeks into flowering, depending on the strain. The reason I asked about lighting was last year I swapped out bulbs, using a 10K "finishing" bulb. I'm not sure how much it helped, but it killed off a bunch of fan leaves but left newer growth intact...within about 3 days!

you hit the nail on the head i accidentally read my calendar wrong and defoliated a week to early on accident, looking like it fucked me a little bit. -_-
still learning something new everyday, double checking things often.

Raku

Raku

I mostly grew in DWC, eventually using almost all of AN's lineup; did the same, with the full lineup, in 100 and 150 gallon ProMix filled bags. I can't say enough good things about AN (although i'm sure others love what they use just as much); one of those things is not on how accurate their dosing guidelines are though. I can't really see how far along your plants are, so i won't say that you're feeding too heavily.

Although from another forum, i've always found MynameStich's Sick Plant Guide to be a boon; lots'a pictures and he speaks of multiple grow mediums.

sweet! thank you, i’ll give him a follow right now. glad i found out about this website because everyone seems to be very helpful and on the same page! no matter how long they’ve been growing, feels good to not have assholes give you a short obvious answer that is not so obvious to someone still learning. really appreciate all of you for chiming in!!!

Raku

Raku

still can’t figure out how to even search for people’s pages to follow them tho? it only searches for seeds i think

A.Swift

A.Swift

here are some more photos taken through vision sun protective shades to try and get the color more accurate. some are pale, rusty, yellow and darkish. i raised my lights about 8 inches or more, two 1000 watt hps and two 1500 watt purple led, hit them with some enzymes tonight but still wondering if i should just flush them out

I need details of nutes / temp rh / square footage for your lights

Without any of these metrics, my hypothesis is: you lolipopped too much foliage off, with that rootbase your taking up alot with nowhere for it to go so your burned.

However it could also be too much light
if your in R.O are you pre calmaggig to .2-.3 ec?
ECT ECT

Top Bottom