Nanolux 1000w De Fixture Troubleshooting

• Thread starter brit32791
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

brit32791

Have 12 of these....straight out of the box, power on for 30 seconds, then shut off. We had different lights in the same outlets, we don't think it has anything to do with electrical.

I contacted Nanolux support directly on Friday, and they told me they had a big amount of faulty bulbs go out, and that sounds like it's the problem. We switched the new bulb out with a different DE bulb from one of the previous lights, and it did the same thing. Comes on for 30 seconds, then shuts off. We've tried adjusting the knobs, pushing the circuit breaker reset, and nothing has changed anything.

We have the cloud system and it started doing this when that was installed in one of the lights, but we have tried the rest of them without the cloud system and it has not changed anything either.

Has anyone had issues with the Nanolux DE fixtures, or does anyone have any troubleshooting ideas?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Its a board problem...I have about 1 out of a 100 do this and I switch the entire fixture out, has nothing to do with the bulb its the ballast

B

brit32791

Yea, I guess the ballasts were the problem. We are really disappointed in Nanolux, unfortunately. I can understand errors/accidents happen and faulty products are possible, but 12/12 fixtures? Not to mention customer service told me to call back almost anytime - "calls go to my cell so if I'm awake I'll pretty much always answer" was what I was told by the support rep. After being told it was probably the bulbs, we haven't been able to reach him. Period.
So we have 12/12 faulty products, pretty poor customer service, and a cloud system to control those faulty fixtures with 90% of features listed as "coming soon" to top it off. Hopefully they work out the kinks, and fast. Right now we are definitely regretting not paying the extra money up front for gavitas. The headache and rush to find temporary replacement lights hasn't felt worth it to us at all. The shop we ordered through is being more than helpful and has ordered replacement fixtures from Nanolux for us at no charge, but we don't know what our wait time will be for them, or if they will be operational.
Sorry to say we do not recommended these fixtures, despite seeing decent reviews otherwise.

Last edited:
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I get replacements from my local Nanolux rep within hours whenever I have issues , sorry to here about your slow or unresponsive experience with them..Gavi's are not any better right now and even more lack luster customer support...return rates on all the DE fixtures are high right now no matter which manufacturer you go with, at least that is what I'm seeing

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I can concur about DE ballasts having high return rates. Had a buddy return about 15 Gavitas out of 85. I had 4 epaps out of 24 go out on me within the first year of use on those. I'm having trouble dealing with the Epap making a return on the ballast/bulb combo. Apparently there is a new company taking over the Epap distribution. So far I got four bricked ballasts sitting at a hydro store right now- I can't recommend anyone get those Epaps anymore. Contrarily, I can say that the Gavita returns have been smooth as silk. RMA'd one of them and got new one within a week. I'd like to try the Nano's given the price point but without the customer service and return guarantee, I'm less likely to try.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Same experience as TK...I had a small batch of bulbs fail on me, and they overnighted me 24 brand new ones. Their customer service has been top notch for me.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

I've had experienced with all 3 and I'm pretty surprised to hear you're having trouble with Nanolux Brit.

Like TK said, we literally get replacements within hours in CO from them. If by Monday you don't have a resolution PM and I'll put you in touch with people that will help you promptly. We have like a 4-5% failure rate on these which I attribute to them being new technology. Nanolux claims to have worked out most of the kinks so the new batches going forward SHOULD be good to go. This is a good company with good, solid people working for it. I'd definitely reach out to a higher up and plead my case. The owner is accessible to the public and cares VERY much about the reputation of his company. Before you write them off I'd encourage you to try contacting them again and not wait for your local shop to do the returns, it may be them dragging ass.

Gavita is pretty good about returns, were probably around a 3% failure rate and as long as the units were purchased through Sunlight Supply they're pretty prompt in getting us an exchange, generally 4-5 days and I attribute the wait to the shop we purchase through, they're slow not sunlight or Gavita.

Epaps on the other hand are a little scary right now. Had some issues with a few recently imported batches. We've traditionally had a roughly 3% failure rate although some of the recent shipments are much much higher although they claim to have the problem solved. Epapillon recently switched North American importers/distributors and I would imagine it's going to be a little complicated to do exchanges, ATLEAST for the time being. I happen to know the new EPAP distributors very well and they are awesome guys. They aren't known however for being very prompt in getting issues resolved, at least for me.

All 3 lights and companies are great. All things considered I still say Nanolux is the best light, the best price point & the best customer service. Everyone has a bad day and Brit you might have just been the unlucky one to catch them on it.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Seems like the nano bulb has a shorter life expectancy than the gavitas @DirtySanchez

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

are you using the NCCS? if you put the sticks in unprogrammed it does what you are saying, on for 30 sec then shut off

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Fresh starts.. They've (Nanolux) just changed lamps (and released a MH as well).. Only time will tell.

B

Burned Haze

Bought my 10 nano in February sooooo
Fuck...
Makes me scared of what will CSERVICE will do if I explain to them I've only used 01 out of 10 without any issue and then I actually try the rest and have defects . Only reason I haven't used them is cause I've been upgrading my room and getting 320 amp service .

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Haze you're under warranty don't worry. If you have any issues with CS pm me and I'll put you in touch with the right person.

los0420

los0420

I get replacements from my local Nanolux rep within hours whenever I have issues , sorry to here about your slow or unresponsive experience with them..Gavi's are not any better right now and even more lack luster customer support...return rates on all the DE fixtures are high right now no matter which manufacturer you go with, at least that is what I'm seeing
I have 50 gavitas after a year of use i had one stop working took it to my local store and sunlight gave me a certificate to buy a brand new one within a few days of returning ,a buddy of mine bought 24 nanolux and the first day had three stop working in no way is nanolux even close to the quality of gavita

CutFactory1208

CutFactory1208

Damn this is an old ass thread but I have a nanoluxx 1000w de and it wont come on prettty sure it’s the ballers wackkkkl

Latest posts

Top Bottom