Nanolux De 4x4 Complete Fixture 120/240v 1000w

• Thread starter john martin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
john martin

john martin

Hello all!

Hoping for feedback from anyone that has used these. I am considering making the switch to DE, and these seem to be potentially good for slightly lower ceilings.

Can anyone with experience share their GPW, and general feedback on this, or just thoughts / suggestions?

"
DO NOT USE DE COMMERICAL REFLECTORS OVER SMALLER GROWS.

We at Nanolux have found that there is a large unfortunate misuse of commercial DE fixtures in smaller horticultural grows. Consumers have to realize that one of the largest features of commercial open DE fixtures is their large light footprint allowing for ā€œcommercial overlapā€. The light spread on a commercial DE fixture is about 13ā€™ wide which is not practical if you are growing over a 4ā€™ x4ā€™ tray. The DEFNC 4x4 fixture is designed to produce vertical light penetration over a 4ā€™ x 4ā€™ tray. The reflector is designed to have ALL of the available light fall onto a 4ā€™ x 4ā€™ grid at a 24ā€ install height over the canopy top. There is no stray light falling up to 5ā€™ to each side of the tray as would be the case with our commercial DE fixture. This has been the reason that we have NOT offered our commercial DE fixtures in 120V. The DEFNC 4x4 comes with a NCCS compatible, 120/240V fan style DE high frequency ballast."

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hello all!

Hoping for feedback from anyone that has used these. I am considering making the switch to DE, and these seem to be potentially good for slightly lower ceilings.

Can anyone with experience share their GPW, and general feedback on this, or just thoughts / suggestions?

"
DO NOT USE DE COMMERICAL REFLECTORS OVER SMALLER GROWS.

We at Nanolux have found that there is a large unfortunate misuse of commercial DE fixtures in smaller horticultural grows. Consumers have to realize that one of the largest features of commercial open DE fixtures is their large light footprint allowing for ā€œcommercial overlapā€. The light spread on a commercial DE fixture is about 13ā€™ wide which is not practical if you are growing over a 4ā€™ x4ā€™ tray. The DEFNC 4x4 fixture is designed to produce vertical light penetration over a 4ā€™ x 4ā€™ tray. The reflector is designed to have ALL of the available light fall onto a 4ā€™ x 4ā€™ grid at a 24ā€ install height over the canopy top. There is no stray light falling up to 5ā€™ to each side of the tray as would be the case with our commercial DE fixture. This has been the reason that we have NOT offered our commercial DE fixtures in 120V. The DEFNC 4x4 comes with a NCCS compatible, 120/240V fan style DE high frequency ballast."
Its only 630 watts and its cmh...
Not really comparable to a De gavita imo...

john martin

john martin

I think that is a typo on their website. The tech sheet says the draw is "Up to 1200W of output with an industry high 2520umol output" and is dimmable DE bulb. Only difference I see here is the hood that focuses it on a 4x4 area.

2017 09 12 07 34
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

^
That's the sheet for the 1k de, not the 630 cmh event mentioned. Unless you have 8' ceilings, a 1k de is not really gonna work unless you have some super duper a.c. system to combat the heat. Also the light intensity may be too much for a 1k de in a room w/less than 8' ceiling. This is NOT dimmed, why dim, your ONLY sacrificing light and bulb integrity/longevity.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

^
That's the sheet for the 1k de, not the 630 cmh event mentioned. Unless you have 8' ceilings, a 1k de is not really gonna work unless you have some super duper a.c. system to combat the heat. Also the light intensity may be too much for a 1k de in a room w/less than 8' ceiling. This is NOT dimmed, why dim, your ONLY sacrificing light and bulb integrity/longevity.
Agreed.. Be way better going with the 630 cmh, but i think the best bet would be 2 seperate 315's for better spread!

john martin

john martin

The tech sheet is for the unit I posted a link to, which is their 1000w DE that has a special 4x4 hood for indoor grows.

"DEFNC 1000w 4*4"

I am not going to dim it, but wanted to show it is not the 630 you guys are mentioning.

It seems they have a typo in the 'output power' section on the bottom of the page, as it is definitely output 1200-1000 watts.

Yo guys, go to the original link I posted, and ignore the stats at bottom of page, and click 'tech sheet' or watch the video.

Here is the page for their 630 watt unit, you can see their web developer just slipped up and copied the page, and forgot to update the wattage on the 4x4 page. I'll contact them and tell them to get it fixed:

So, what I'm hoping to get feedback on is these 4x4 hoods they use on this 1200w-1000w fixture that throws the light over a 4x4 area.

Any feedback much appreciated!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

The tech sheet is for the unit I posted a link to, which is their 1000w DE that has a special 4x4 hood for indoor grows.

"DEFNC 1000w 4*4"

I am not going to dim it, but wanted to show it is not the 630 you guys are mentioning.

It seems they have a typo in the 'output power' section on the bottom of the page, as it is definitely output 1200-1000 watts.

Yo guys, go to the original link I posted, and ignore the stats at bottom of page, and click 'tech sheet' or watch the video.

So, what I'm hoping to get feedback on is these 4x4 hoods they use on this 1200w-1000w fixture that throws the light over a 4x4 area.

Any feedback much appreciated!
with out looking is this the one that has 630 cmh and a hps slot in the middle ? it can be anywhere from 1030 to 1630 watts?
i check it out here in a few..

john martin

john martin

It's basically their normal '1,000w' fixture that can run at 1,200 - 1,000W (or less, but why), the only difference is the custom hood that throws the light in a 4x4 area, instead of the normal hood they have which is geared for greenhouses that have like 12 or more lights overlapping footprints of each other.

TBH, this seems very promising for indoor growers with less than 12 or probably even less than 24 lights.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It's basically their normal '1,000w' fixture that can run at 1,200 - 1,000W (or less, but why), the only difference is the custom hood that throws the light in a 4x4 area, instead of the normal hood they have which is geared for greenhouses that have like 12 or more lights overlapping footprints of each other.

TBH, this seems very promising for indoor growers with less than 12 or probably even less than 24 lights.
It looks pretty cool.. I wonder if you can just buy replacment hood like that for our older de? How much do they want for that light?

john martin

john martin

Looks like 4 - 450$ including shipping, depending where you buy it online. Haven't price checked locally yet, and hate ordering shit online anyways, but I bet its close to the 450$ mark at a local shop.

john martin

john martin

Looks like 4 - 450$ including shipping, depending where you buy it online. Haven't price checked locally yet, and hate ordering shit online anyways, but I bet its close to the 450$ mark at a local shop.

I was originally worried about hot-spots, but with the commercial 1,000w fixtures there is so much overlap, it seems a wash?

john martin

john martin

So, incase anyone cares: I called and talked to nanolux support tech and basically:

Anyone using 2-3 or maybe even 4 lights, especially people that don't have the lights grouped in a block (like a row instead) are better off using these 4x4 units.

Anyone using 4 in a block (especially with reflective walls around the edges), or more than 4 (other than in a row) is better off using the standard units.

Both (regardless of the information on the site) are best at exactly 36 inches above canopy, and no closer than this.

Hope it saves someone else the trouble.

john martin

john martin

I order all hard parts online. I only buy soil and nutes in store. Online is way cheaprr.

Totally agree, but I'm oldshool and like supporting local stores. Plus, I have good relationships with local stores and get hefty discounts for being loyal and going through decent amount, which transfers higher discount to soil and nutes, etc.

Plus, returning shit is a nightmare, so if I pay a little extra, and know I don't have to have some STUPID FUCKING BOX, or WAIT TIME, and know they will immediately hand me a replacement until new one arrives, or just give me a permanent replacement and wait to stock their shelves with the new unit the supplier sends them, it really goes a long way in my book.

I totally understand your view-point though, and if I didnt find a couple very Solid local stores (had tons of bad experiences) I wouldn't even order nutes or soil locally. I really had some stores piss me off.

"Ughhh, you know you have to have the box for that GARBAGE fan we sold you two months ago" = "Fuuuuuuuck You nice knowing you never getting my business again" <- All over a 25$ shit fan they shouldn't stock in first place.

Grow stores are a dime a dozen, but it seems there are ones out there willing to play ball or at least try really hard.

Plus, the ones that act like they are doing you a favor for ordering a 2.5 or 5 gallon or something they don't carry can go get fucked. Not my fault they are cheap!

The one I'm doing business with now just straight up orders shit off Amazon if their supplier can't get it, and does not tax me one single dollar. That right there is how you get loyal customers and sustain business long-term. Especially when their supplier does carry it, and they don't give you grief over a small order, because they realize it's not your fault they are smaller volume.

Plus, the ones that know not to even hand you a receipt, and immediately add the sale to your nick-name account for them/you to easily reference if something comes up really makes a big difference for me, personally!

Lazy grow-store owners = killing the business, but there are some good ones around if you ask me!

I guess it's all about trust-trust relationships, and nowadays those seem hard to come by.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom