Near (Grateful Dead) Death Experience

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
In November I had a masive heart attack and was not expected to live (technically, I guess I didn't , a few times) or have brain damage when I eventually woke up, if ever. I was in a coma for 2 weeks pretty much unaware of anything going on around me. I had a few flashes, mostly images, that I saw but one that kept coming back for some reasons was Jerry Garcia's Limo. I bought Jerry's limo after his death and have it in storage. For some reason, I kept "seeing" images of Jerry's van (it was a Dodge van customized into a limo, used for west coast touring and stuff) while I was in the Ozone.
When I finally woke up a few weeks later, I mentioned the limo and my daughter's eyes welled up. She told me that while I was in a coma, she put headphones on me and played some of my favorite Dead tunes (along with Exile on Main Street!), hoping to bring me out of wherever I was. It must have worked... here I am! Never, at the age of 60 r so, would I ever imagine my daughter playing GD music to me, trying to bring me back. Love like that can't be purchased and I will always remember the kindness everyone showed me, eve though I'm a SO and probably don't deserve it!

Jerrys van
Homesteader

Homesteader

Thank you for sharing this @Jimster. What a ride! Is it still in storage? Man I would love to smoke a fatty in the back of that one.
Seriously though, I am glad you are still around with us man!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thank you for sharing this @Jimster. What a ride! Is it still in storage? Man I would love to smoke a fatty in the back of that one.
Seriously though, I am glad you are still around with us man!
I take it out, usually once or twice a year. I had a request for a local brewery and Cannabis support group to bring it to their annual event in July, although I would need to get it detailed and stuff first. Some of the wood trim on the inside is starting to dry out, and some of the shellac is lifting from the years it sat in the sun in California, awaiting the fate of Jerry's estate. It has about 40K on it and is in very good shape, but with anything that old, there are bound to be issues.
Smoking a big fat doobie with Jerry's brother and some other members of the GD was the highlight. I brought a mason jar of my best along with me, and most of it burned in the back of the van while parked at GD Productions in Novato.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I take it out, usually once or twice a year. I had a request for a local brewery and Cannabis support group to bring it to their annual event in July, although I would need to get it detailed and stuff first. Some of the wood trim on the inside is starting to dry out, and some of the shellac is lifting from the years it sat in the sun in California, awaiting the fate of Jerry's estate. It has about 40K on it and is in very good shape, but with anything that old, there are bound to be issues.
Smoking a big fat doobie with Jerry's brother and some other members of the GD was the highlight. I brought a mason jar of my best along with me, and most of it burned in the back of the van while parked at GD Productions in Novato.
You won't be going down the road feeling bad in that! HA Happy for you and your daughter's love. Playing the Dead for you that is awesome! Intriguing that you saw Jerry. He might have picked up those vibes with you being in that state. Ya never know. That is awesome too that you got a second chance! I pray I may be as blessed. My father died in his sleep of a massive heart attack. It would be the way to go but you wouldn't have a chance to say goodbye to your loved ones. Its hard on them. I wish I would have seen the Dead but I didn't realize how great they were until it was too late. That documentary on Prime tv was excellent! 👍

the rrock

the rrock

Jerry Jerry Jerry he loved so Lake Tahoe ,met him in a hot tub on ski run Blvd believe it was81,82 Still a blur. Don’t think he skied , it was a couple yrs after Harvey’s blew up, another epic blunder

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You won't be going down the road feeling bad in that! HA Happy for you and your daughter's love. Playing the Dead for you that is awesome! Intriguing that you saw Jerry.
In my "vision", I didn't see Jerry, I just kept seeing images of his Limo, like it was waiting for me to drive it. In a strange way, I always thought the limo looked like Jerry in a strange way. I couldn't understand why I kept seeing his limo van until my daughter aid she played music for me. At 24, she is my angel.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You won't be going down the road feeling bad in that! HA Happy for you and your daughter's love. Playing the Dead for you that is awesome! Intriguing that you saw Jerry. He might have picked up those vibes with you being in that state. Ya never know. That is awesome too that you got a second chance! I pray I may be as blessed. My father died in his sleep of a massive heart attack. It would be the way to go but you wouldn't have a chance to say goodbye to your loved ones. Its hard on them. I wish I would have seen the Dead but I didn't realize how great they were until it was too late. That documentary on Prime tv was excellent! 👍
They played in Pittsburgh in the later 80s and I had a van parked in the semi dead mall area, since they were trying to crack down of deadheads (2 day show) andthe reputation of the following. The guy next to me was selling nitrous and got a tip the ops were coming. He gave me the tanks and left the show, never to be seen again. I ended up with quite a few industrial sized cylinders of nitrous. Had so much I couldn't give it away and finally made a deal with the local ice cream store chain to get rid of 5 of them. After 1 tank, it's time to pass the rest on....

Homesteader

Homesteader

That van does look like Jerry. I was thinking the same thing. Such a great ride. I bet he picked it out himself. Can you hook up equipment to play in it?

@Beachwalker great choice of songs.

Top Bottom