Need a bit of information on tents.

• Thread starter KneeDeep34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

I've had many years experience in growing, breeding and building things that fit my needs.
I feel dumb asking but I need to actually buy a tent and I'm clueless about them.
I need one that will nicely accommodate between 9-12 plants and two HIDs if possible.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The vivosun 5x5 is cheap and works. Assembly in a small cramped space is difficult but doable. The vents might not be in the right spots for what you need but you can always make your own. Which is what I’ve done.

DABCD057 6A10 4804 8193 73DED48C35A1

Otherwise it does the job and is very affordable. The metal frame holds up my 700w Commercial LED Grow Light + Carbon Filter just fine so no complaints on its strength. I think it’ll last a couple years.

I’ve got mine setup with a 6” exhaust fan and 4” inlet. I don’t move too much air through it so this does just fine and maintains negative air pressure so odors don’t escape.

For $120 it’s hard to bash it. If I had to do it over again I would. Good luck.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

The vivosun 5x5 is cheap and works. Assembly in a small cramped space is difficult but doable. The vents might not be in the right spots for what you need but you can always make your own. Which is what I’ve done.

View attachment 869409

Otherwise it does the job and is very affordable. The metal frame holds up my 700w Commercial LED Grow Light + Carbon Filter just fine so no complaints on its strength. I think it’ll last a couple years.

I’ve got mine setup with a 6” exhaust fan and 4” inlet. I don’t move too much air through it so this does just fine and maintains negative air pressure so odors don’t escape.

wait you got a 5x5 for 120,were bro,i like the shit out of the new hole,cant tell ya how many times i thought about it myself,funny thing is all the manufactures of them seem to think we have huge holes in the wall to acomidate there bad planning,i think they should be on all sides just saying,me aint no damn telling were im gonna shove mine next and on the sly fly hahahah

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

View attachment 869409

Thanks but how many does it accommodate? That's my real issue... I need to fit 9-12 plants. Hopefully with room to move around for picking dead leafs and such... I'm going for a perpetual grow and need at least one tent that can hold the desired amount of plants as mentioned above.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks but how many does it accommodate? That's my real issue... I need to fit 9-12 plants. Hopefully with room to move around for picking dead leafs and such... I'm going for a perpetual grow and need at least one tent that can hold the desired amount of plants as mentioned above.
id say that depends on you,ive got friends that dont let there plants get any taller than 16 in,all single cola plants and does better with yield than i do with 6 plants in my 2x4x5 tent,one bro does right at 90 in a 4x4 tent,just saying all up to you

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
wait you got a 5x5 for 120,were bro,i like the shit out of the new hole,cant tell ya how many times i thought about it myself,funny thing is all the manufactures of them seem to think we have huge holes in the wall to acomidate there bad planning,i think they should be on all sides just saying,me aint no damn telling were im gonna shove mine next and on the sly fly hahahah

Amazon. The extra vent is by hydrofarm I believe. It was like $15 for two 4” vents. The other is on the wall that is connected to the 4” flex vent tubing. You get two rings for each side in the kit. You can buy them individually also but you won’t save much money. All bought on amazon. It includes screws, washers and nuts. I just used a marker to trace the hole and cut it out with scissors then put the new vent on and used the scissors to poke holes through the tent fabric and attach the screws. So far so good.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

A lot of that depends how big you grow your plants; I've seen 12 plants that (almost) fit, and also 4 that filled up the whole five by five?

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Plant county is less important than the amount of light. If plants are vegged long enough to get busy you might get by with 1 plant and get same yeild as with 20.
as

rickysimples

rickysimples

If you're trying to rock two HID's, such as 1K HPS lights, then opt for the 4x8 tent.

But when you say 9-12 plants comfortably, that sounds like a tray to me, so I think 4x4 or 5x5 when you say that. I don't know how big you grow your plants so 9-12 plants can vary quite a bit.

I fit 12-16 plants in my 4x4, but I only veg for 3 weeks and run a flood and drain in 2 gallon pots. If I was running 5+ gallon pots I could only fit maybe half that in there.

rickysimples

rickysimples

With that being said, I have a 4x4 and 2x4 Topogrow brand tents from Amazon and I'm very happy with both.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I have a hydro crunch I bought at home depo, a well made tent at a reasonable price I have a 4×4 and am running a 600w led, it's a roomy tent, try the next 1 up you can live in it lol, but seriously they do make a decent tent, thick, no pin hole leaks, easy to set up with no tools I can get 6 decent plants in it, go 1 size up, allot of people will tell you to buy a gorrila tent, my friend has one he said he would have saved a few hundred and bought mine, I'm not trying to sell it, get what you want but a 5×5 should work.

Top Bottom