Need a few pointers with using 3 gallon fabric pots

• Thread starter Slickrick82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slickrick82

Slickrick82

I have a 2x2x4 grow tent just got some 3 gallon fabric pots(first time useing these bye the way) and wanna know do u water from the bottom from the beginning or after. Also was a good way to get it threw full flower to harvest in the 3 gallon fabric pot with out root bound.should I repot from cup to 3 gallon fabric or cup to half gallon pot then to the 3 gallon fabric pot to flower idk any suggestions

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
I usually go from a jiffy pot, which is a little wider but shorter than a solo cup, straight to a 3 gallon with no issues

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I have a 2x2x4 grow tent just got some 3 gallon fabric pots(first time useing these bye the way) and wanna know do u water from the bottom from the beginning or after. Also was a good way to get it threw full flower to harvest in the 3 gallon fabric pot with out root bound.should I repot from cup to 3 gallon fabric or cup to half gallon pot then to the 3 gallon fabric pot to flower idk any suggestions
I hand water from the top with coco husk in 3 gallon pots. When they are really small I don't do much runoff but as they get bigger I do.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

If you are running an Auto then you should start the seed directly in the 3 gallon pot. Gotta be careful not to overwater this way but autos are best planted in the same pot they will finish in. If the plants are regulars then you can start them in solo cups and work your way up from there. Regulars can be transplanted multiple times with no issues.

As for watering you will need to do it from the top first, Once the soil gets saturated then if you prefer you can water from the bottom that is called wicking its when the dirt/fabric pot just soaks the water directly up through the bottom. both watering techniques will work fine.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Material pots are "self-pruning" to prevent root bound issues. Solo to 3 gal. top water/nutes.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I loathe fabric pots; I would never use one again indoors on a dare.

They're good if you like bugs though, that's one positive check mark in their column.

Top Bottom