Need A Little Help/advice With My First Go With Using Pro Mix Hp

• Thread starter jguit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jguit

jguit

Supporter
I have a few grows under my belt (hydro and soil) and this is my first go at using Pro Mix HP and am experiencing a bit of a learning curve and can use some advice.

First let me say, cloning in Pro Mix HP is a breeze. So far i've rooted 12 clones in Pro Mix with a 100% success rate, so no problems there. I ditched my bubble cloner for the ease of just taking cuttings, dipping them into some rooting powder and popping them into Pro Mix and then under a dome for a week. The dome off after a week and in about 10 - 14 days roots! Great!

So this is where the learning curve begins... My first rookie mistake was transplanting the clones into a bigger contain and watering until run off. The containers took about a week or so to dry off. Not good! Much different than soil, to say the least. I suppose once the roots are established and the plants are drinking a bit more water, I can then water until run off. For now I water just enough so that the containers are dry in 2 days.. That knowledge is now tucked away in the memory banks..

I've been using Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro with a few drops of Pro-Tekt to bring the pH up to where i need. If you see my other thread, it's working just fine with my 2 females that are currently flowering in FFOF soil. In my soil grow i'm feeding them a little more than 1/4 tsp of FP per gallon of RO water pH'd up to 6.7 and they seem to love it.

I'm vegging 4 of my rooted clones in another tent under QB288 LEDs @ 4000k in Pro Mix. Even though i got my watering under control, they still seem to look a little 'pale green' compared to the females currently in flower. I'm feeding them 1/4 tsp of FP per gallon of water and a few drops of Pro-Tekt to bring the pH up to 6.2 which seems to be the recommended pH for Pro Mix. I've attached a pic to show the coloring. Pay attention to the new growth as the old growth is even more pale because of being a clone and the first week of overwatering. I have a newly rooted clone next to it to show the difference in color. Thoughts? Advice? Am i over reacting? Should my pH be a bit higher? Potential nutrient lockout? I still can't water until runoff to get a pH reading of that runoff as i dont want the soil to be soaked for over 2 - 3 days..

Sorry for the long winded thread and thanks in advance..

P.S. the plant in the pic has been topped as well.

Image1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
i use ProMix Hp but i don't ph my water. My nutrition brings the ph to 6.5 and i feed the plant. is your soil a reuse or new?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I didn't pay attention to the date. I was going through all your threads to see some flowers and than i saw this. lol!
That run is actually what sold me on ProMix HP after i got it dialed in. DG Foliage Pro is great stuff, just hated supplementing CalMag with it. I'm trying to remember what strain that was. Time flies.

• Haha
Reactions: PK1
Top Bottom