Need a little help, kinda quickly

• Thread starter Justsethpc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Justsethpc

Justsethpc

Ok maybe someone can help me. I was decarbing some stuff in the instapot, well treason jar fell over and water ended up in the jar, and the lid popped right off. So can I save the flower? Can I remove the canabanoids from the water?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So you are decarbing flower in a mason jar and it got wet? Correct? Just dry it out and go again. There are no recoverable cannabinoids in the water, but there isn’t much there anyhow because you need a solvent like alcohol to remove them water doesn’t work a fraction as well.

Justsethpc

Justsethpc

That's what I figured. Because everything on the flower is all oil based. But cool. I was just making sure I didn't destroy my flower.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Well you didn’t make it better lol but still usable.

Some folks wash buds in water at harvest if they used pest products or had some contamination issue but not once cured. Still you should be ok just get it dry pretty quickly so you dont get PM on it. Putting it back in heat this time in an oven or something open will both dry and decarb at the same time

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I put it in the oven at 240 for 30 min. So hopefully it's still good.
You might need more time because of the energy used to evaporate the water and 30 mins is on the short end too. I go 45 mins @ 218C with dry bud and have testing to show that is the sweet spot where THC starts to decline while CBDA is still on the rise.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You might need more time because of the energy used to evaporate the water and 30 mins is on the short end too. I go 45 mins @ 218C with dry bud and have testing to show that is the sweet spot where THC starts to decline while CBDA is still on the rise.
218 C = 425f,,,,,,,,,,,,for 45 minutes? WOW that;s hot are you sure of those numbers?........I've burnt some weed cooking too hot for too long and I've never gotten close to 425f......I ended up with burnt bad tasting weak weed oil @ 300f ........I found it hard to find 2 people or videos on decarbing that use the same temps or time so I took an average at 230 - 240f for 30 -45 min....until it looks like its lightly toasted but not burned like burnt toast or the kind of grilled cheese my wife has made me black on black with crispy side cheese...lol

Top Bottom