Need a little help, please!

• Thread starter Roxyheart420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Roxyheart420

Roxyheart420

So, I'm at a loss here. I feel I've tried a lot of stuff to try and improve/save these girls. Nothing seems to be working. They are turning yellow, sometime brown/black spots, then dying. Started lower and working it way up the stem. This is my first time in Rockwool. My coco was amazing 2.77 lbs per light. However, coco is messy. I would love to master this rockwool. I've tried watering less, watering more, upping my EC lowering my EC, spaying with neem oil, I don't see any bugs at all, no gnates, enviroment is 76 degrees, 45 humidity, ppm 1300-1500 ( I tried 1000) ph 5.8 I've tried spaying some epson salt, I'm in 3rd week of Flower. I'm in 8x8 cubes, top drip system. Getting 10-20% run off. Am I missing something here? Any idea's would be great.

Need a little help please
Need a little help please 2
Need a little help please 3
Need a little help please 4
Need a little help please 5
Need a little help please 6
Need a little help please 7
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Those buds look pretty small, I'd also lower my ppm a bit to around 1000 or 1100 to see if they improve.

Roxyheart420

Roxyheart420

Those buds look pretty small, I'd also lower my ppm a bit to around 1000 or 1100 to see if they improve.
I'm using the Bluelab ph meter and "yes" I did that. I switched, then calibrated. I was down around 1100 for the last 2 weeks. So here is the run -off measurements. Going in 1350, coming out 610ppm 6.0ph I just finished week 3. Your right some buds look small, therefore I thought up the ppm's because their hungry.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I never go above 1.6 ec (800ppm) max on a healthy plant.

Flush well until ppm’s are low and re feed a half strength grow ratio and wait for recovery. Skip the additives. Just good complete base nutes.

Thats what i learned to do anyway.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Ca locks out Mg, your plants look like they are extremely low on Mg and maybe sulphur.
Sorry for that last link, I thought it explained this better.
Nutrient Lockout Chart from Excess Nutrients

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I never go above 1.6 ec (800ppm) max on a healthy plant.

Flush well until ppm’s are low and re feed a half strength grow ratio and wait for recovery. Skip the additives. Just good complete base nutes.

Thats what i learned to do anyway.
I agree, less is more. Your plants will look perfectly healthy for a long while with half of the nutrients they need but if you give them a little too much they will look sick and hungry.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree, less is more. Your plants will look perfectly healthy for a long while with half of the nutrients they need but if you give them a little too much they will look sick and hungry.

Then we flush and cause water stress which can also acidify the root zone and then we cant tell if over or under fed.

I was told to always err on underfeeding. Can always add more but much harder to take away.

Roxyheart420

Roxyheart420

Then we flush and cause water stress which can also acidify the root zone and then we cant tell if over or under fed.

I was told to always err on underfeeding. Can always add more but much harder to take away.
I was working my way up from 800ppms then to 900 then I hit 1000-1100 for the first two weeks, and they were turning yellow, then drying. No matter work ppm's they were they were still turning yellow and dieing. I was flushing to get ph up a little because it had dropped to 4.5-5.0 I was spaying with Epson salt. When I flushed ppms went down to 250, feed at half strength and then ppm's never went above 600ppm after that.

Roxyheart420

Roxyheart420

I was working my way up from 800ppms then to 900 then I hit 1000-1100 for the first two weeks, and they were turning yellow, then drying. No matter work ppm's they were they were still turning yellow and dieing. I was flushing to get ph up a little because it had dropped to 4.5-5.0 I was spaying with Epson salt. When I flushed ppms went down to 250, feed at half strength and then ppm's never went above 600ppm after that.
Also, the other leaves are a lime green not a nice normal green, which is usually under feeding.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd run some florakleen or enzymes or both through the media, then start up feed again way lower, like 700ppm.. You've gone and locked up a bunch of stuff there by the looks of it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Damn, I have done all of this. I'm actually trying to Epson salt foliar for a week or two again.

Takes a week to see improvement. Plants go slow. Growers like to rush.

Damaged leaves dont always recover or even green up. Look to new growth for improvement.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Damn, I have done all of this. I'm actually trying to Epson salt foliar for a week or two again.
Im just not seeing the Mg deficiency.. what i do see is Calcium and potassium issues. Pretty common for those to get locked out from chronic overfeeding.

Like MiMed said plants take a while to recover and the damaged leaves will NOT recover at all, look to the new growth for signs of health and recovery.

Top Bottom