Need a little help please

• Thread starter Dummy buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dummy buds

Dummy buds

Gooooood morning friends!!!
I need a little help, in the last 3 days I've ran into a deficiency I need a little help with. First off, I'm growing in a 4x4x8 tent, 2 LED SpiderX plus, co2, running canna organic nutes, cal/mag, molasses 1 time a month, Dirt is roots organic greenfields, growing in 5 gallon pots, Bruce Banner #3 from seeds. Watering schedule 1 day fertilizer, 3 days RO water

What I think im seeing is a potassium deficiency. What do you guys think?

Need a little help please
Need a little help please 2
Need a little help please 3
Need a little help please 4
Dummy buds

Dummy buds

Nute lockout and root damage probably from overwatering.
I was leaning towards that, I doubt over watering is it, I stick my finger clean down to the knuckle pretty much and only water when it's dry, I'm definitely not ruling out nute lock up, the soil is new for me, I waited about 5 weeks before I started using any notes. Today will be a water day, I'll flush them real well

growsince79

growsince79

I was leaning towards that, I doubt over watering is it, I stick my finger clean down to the knuckle pretty much and only water when it's dry, I'm definitely not ruling out nute lock up, the soil is new for me, I waited about 5 weeks before I started using any notes. Today will be a water day, I'll flush them real well
How much and how often do you water?

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

How much and how often do you water?
I give them about a gallon every 4 days, when nutes are added I got half the recommended application, im switching over to roots organic terp tea bloom and boost, im waiting on my bubble snake

growsince79

growsince79

Probably not drying out enough. When I use 5 gal with extra perlite they take 1.5 gal.

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

Maybe if you wait another day or so it will take 1.5-2 gal.
I'll give it another day, what are your thoughts on the soil meters out there? I've read mixed reviews saying they're great, and others saying they are junk

ArrEll

ArrEll

I'll give it another day, what are your thoughts on the soil meters out there? I've read mixed reviews saying they're great, and others saying they are junk
I've bought two of them so far, and they both suck. No "reads" at all, apart from (close to) a PH of 7.5-8.0. Knowing that can't be right doesn't do me much good. I'd hate to have to spend $500 bucks on a soil PH tester and have it STILL not work. I often Wing It and try a little bit of This & That, having suffered the same leaf damage you have. One of these days, I'll get it right.

In the meanwhile, ease off on the water. Check the Heft of the buckets, see if they NEED water, before watering. My soil was getting Compacted & Waterlogged, and it takes a long time to dry out, when it does. That's when I suffered similar Spotting of the leaves. I've been using LOTS of Perlite since, which helps a lot. 20% or so.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

Most of them are junk. The hydrofarm one works better than most I've tried - ok for moisture and light, but not ph.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Gooooood morning friends!!!
I need a little help, in the last 3 days I've ran into a deficiency I need a little help with. First off, I'm growing in a 4x4x8 tent, 2 LED SpiderX plus, co2, running canna organic nutes, cal/mag, molasses 1 time a month, Dirt is roots organic greenfields, growing in 5 gallon pots, Bruce Banner #3 from seeds. Watering schedule 1 day fertilizer, 3 days RO water

What I think im seeing is a potassium deficiency. What do you guys think?
First of all you should be doing it the other way around, nutes for 2 days and plain water the 3rd day. Also i use bluelab meters and they are hands down the best. You can get a soil version for a good price, around 200 canadian i think.

I can help you out a lot more if you tell me everything you can
What nutes you use?
How much do you feed/ what is the ppm/EC?
Anything else that might help?
How much magnesium / calcium is in your soil?

It looks to me like either your pH is way off or youre experiencing lockout from overfeeding/pH imbalance
Before you try to add anything you should leech the soil. So for the 5 gallon pots you want to pour 10 gallons of water through them. This is the entire reason that i never used fortified soils or soils with nutes added already (back in my outdoor days). Because soild like that or like fox farm (dont even get me started n those screw-ups) because it makes it very difficult to know exactly what is going on. Are there still nutes in the soil? If so how much? Are all the essential elements there or is only nitrogen left? Is there a salt buildup happening because of over ferting from having no idea whats in the soil? When i switch to flower will there still be veg nutes left in the soil and if so how much? I could keep going but i think you get my point.

Give me all the info you can and i will try me best to help you out. Happy growing.
DwJ

Oh shit i almost forgot, you need to move fast. Plants can cross a threshold where the leaves no longer have sufficient chlorophyll to photosynthesize.

Latest posts

Top Bottom