Need Advanced Feedback - 600sf 1 Plant Per Light 28k Perfect Perpetual Garden

• Thread starter SoCalKind1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SoCalKind1

List of current questions:
1. Should I buy a used diesel genset or a new one with warranty and what size? Peak load will be ~42k and that's with every single component running which it shouldn't ever be. 15,000kwh monthly, ~3000 in Cali, is absolutely not getting put on any electric bill that I will ever be connected to.

I will be putting up a diagram of the room setup shortly but wanted to start getting feedback. Please post any ideas, feedback etc. I am maintaining a perpetual cycle and am planning to do a 16week cycle(long veg) to keep plant numbers below 50 because of what I see as extra risk.
1. Less than 50 plants
felony 5 years max $ 250,000 max
2. 50 - 99 plants
felony 20 years max $ 1,000,000 max
3. 100 - 999 plants felony
5 years min - 40 years max $ 5,000,000 max

Planning on running a separate drip system per 6 plants. During veg I will have the same level of nutes among the 18 veg plants so I only need 1 rez(3 pumps though) for them and the first 6 being clones will receive half strength feedings. Transferring from auto cloner inserts to 5 gal pots to 30 gal pots using coco.

I decided to figure in the cost of the most reputable brands so that there will be as little maintenance and downtime as possible. I will be using the 2nd most efficient reflectors behind the super expensive luxor models, blockbusters with 8 to 6" reducers for the 8" inline fans, Lumatek adjustable ballasts(helpful for the summer heat), hortilux bulbs and excel ac's so I don't need to hire an HVAC tech.

The cost of the building, electric, plumbing etc is not factored into this budget because it is being kept separate from the costs of the grow itself even though it will likely run a bit more than the equipment costs.

Total cost is at about $35,000 or about 750 per plant averaged out which is easily recouped after the 1st full cycle.
Peak # of plants incl. clones: 49
Plants per cycle: 6 (7 clones, 1 removed)
# of weeks between harvest: 2
# of weeks to veg/flower: 7-8/8-9

Week #
1 auto cloner under fluoro's
2 transfer to 5 gal under fluoro's
3 5 gal under 1k MH(600 mode if too intense)
4 5 gal under 1k MH(600 mode if too intense)
5 transfer to 30 gal under 1k MH
6 30 gal under 1k MH
7 30gal under 1k MH
8 30 gal under 1k MH or change bulb to HPS to begin flowering longer strains
9-16 30 gal under 1k HPS then harvest

Lighting $ x Qty......Total
Blockbuster 6” Reflector 180 x 28......5040
1000w Hortilux HPS 70 x 26......1820
1000w Hortilux MH 85 x 4......340
fluoro fixture 30 x 4......120
1000w Lumatek Ballast 225 x 28......6300
$13,620

Air $ x Qty......Total
Vortex 8” inline fan 210 x 10......2100
12” or 18” Oscillating Wall-Fan 60 x 12......720
Standing Oscillating Fan 50 x 3......150
8” Thermo Ducting 25' 50 x 3......150
Vortex 12” inline fan 325 x 2......650
8” phresh filter 210 x 1......210
12” phresh filter 300 x 2......600
70pt dehumidifier 250 x 3......750
5 ton stealth excel ac 5200 x 1......5200
ac add ons 600 x 1......600
12,000BTU precharged mini split ac 1300 x 3......3900
co2 LP generator 510 x 2......1020
environment controller 500 x 2......1000
timers 20 x 7......140
$17,190

Water $ x Qty......Total
auto cloner 100 x 1......100
55 gal barrel 75 x 5......375
1500gph pump 90 x 7......630
30gallon smart pots 15 x 48......720
misc tubing/pvc 200 x 1......200
timers 20 x 5......100
$2,125

Last edited:
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
That's a legal number of plants if you are in cali and are a 215 and 420 compliant caregiver with 2 patients.
Just saying....

S

SoCalKind1

That's a legal number of plants if you are in cali and are a 215 and 420 compliant caregiver with 2 patients.
Just saying....
6 mature plants per patient, 12 immature per. So it would be 8 patients instead of 2 but regardless..

I don't claim to know any sort of statistics but from everything I hear and see in SoCal, the DEA(not the state) is in charge of raiding a large number of detected grows and finding out whether they are state legal after confiscating everything including equipment(my entire investment) and letting me know there's an ongoing investigation for eternity that will prevent me from getting my equipment back. For this reason alone I decided to stay under 50 in the event of a worst case scenario.

The only thing that the DEA has said is that they won't raid those in compliance with state law. However, they haven't said what they will do to find out whether or not you are in compliance. And I'm not sure which of us in this forum trust anything that comes out of the mouths of them anyways.

Last edited:
S

SoCalKind1

Week #
2 transfer to 5 gal under fluoro's
3 5 gal under 1k MH(600 mode if too intense)
4 5 gal under 1k MH(600 mode if too intense)
5 transfer to 30 gal under 1k MH
6 30 gal under 1k MH
7 30gal under 1k MH

Adjusted to:

Week #
2 transfer to 1 gal under fluoro's
3 1 gal under 1k MH(600 mode if too intense)
4 transfer to 5 gal under 1k MH(600 mode if too intense)
5 5 gal under 1k MH
6 5 gal under 1k MH
7 transfer to 30gal under 1k MH

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Just curious to why you are only doing 6 plants a harvest?
Why not do 12 plants;n per harvest and harvest once a month?
Much less work, same amount of cash in your wallet, only have to trim once.
I'm just curious is all.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
it seems like an overabundance of transplanting to me

Have you ever grown before?

S

SoCalKind1

Just curious to why you are only doing 6 plants a harvest?
Why not do 12 plants;n per harvest and harvest once a month?
Much less work, same amount of cash in your wallet, only have to trim once.
I'm just curious is all.

I am considering doing it that way but I set it up in 2 week increments originally because I felt that going to clubs once/month wouldn't be consistent enough so I wanted to have something ready every 2 weeks. On the other hand i could just do what you're saying and I imagine it would save SOME time. However, the # of times I trim isn't so much of a concern as the time it takes to do so which really wouldn't be changing much aside from setting a station up twice/month instead of once which doesn't take more than 20min.

The other benefit of doing it this way is that if I lose a plant, I'm not waiting up to a month to add a plant to another cycle, only up to 2 weeks.

it seems like an overabundance of transplanting to me

Have you ever grown before?

Yes, but I haven't used 30 gl pots or 1 plant per light before. However, I have reviewed many threads and found that the 1 plant per light setup will indeed work. My main concern is having too big of a pot for the stage that it's at. Typically only 1-2 transplants max including cloning is the norm, I know but this setup I feel will require 1 extra transplant to achieve a 30 gal sized root ball without wasting water + nutes on an oversized pot. Let me know what you think!

Stalks

Stalks

Mono crop or die. Well not really die but I find multiple strains as well as perpetual harvesting is the best way to put a dent in your numbers and keep you in the red longer when we all need to be in the black

S

SoCalKind1

Mono crop or die. Well not really die but I find multiple strains as well as perpetual harvesting is the best way to put a dent in your numbers and keep you in the red longer when we all need to be in the black
:stop:
Are you kidding? I respect you and your opinion but you have to know how silly this sound from an indoor grow perspective with proper funding. Many professional gardens grow different strains. Strain choice wasn't noted within this thread but on top of that, almost everyone who has the money uses a veg and flower room. Ever heard of the famous quote, "don't put all your eggs in one basket"?

Stalks

Stalks

I could see not mono cropping in a room with this many lights but I'd probably max at 3-4 strains.

I just see so much potential being lost in a room with so many capabilities. I've ran perpetual before and you deff lose on the yield side of the equation. It makes you a full time trimmer and I'd say you only get %75-80 of what a room can give you. Let's say you only lost %10... 2 per light as an average you would end up losing about 6 elbows a run if hitting 1.5 a light would cost you around 4 per run.

Now multiply that by how many runs you have a year and send me a check for the weight you lost. Hell I'll even settle on a $1500 per lb price point lol.

obviously this isn't a personal medical grow so why don't you try to maximize yield?

And to the tune of staying regular at the clubs. If you don't unload on those fuckers you could be in there every two weeks dropping off units to stay regular instead of coming at them with 40 units and seeing them in a few months. But then again if your product is flame they will be hitting you up asking when your next harvest is.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
For profit 100% I've been shooting myself in the got for years!!! It's always my weakest yielder a that root for me to do I end up with a house of og and bubba lol

S

SoCalKind1

I just see so much potential being lost in a room with so many capabilities. I've ran perpetual before and you deff lose on the yield side of the equation. It makes you a full time trimmer and I'd say you only get %75-80 of what a room can give you. Let's say you only lost %10... 2 per light as an average you would end up losing about 6 elbows a run if hitting 1.5 a light would cost you around 4 per run.

Ok, first things first. This thread title clearly says perpetual and is not what I'm asking questions about. That number you gave is 100% hypothetical.. I guarantee if you were advising someone who was only going to grow 6 plants under 1 hood that they only grow 1 strain and 1 cycle. So if they can get 100% out of that 1 hood why can't I? Because theoretically you think I will give less care to each plant because there are more? Your theory is dependent on your assumption that I'm lazy which I find to be a little rude and that isn't how I work.

However, I have 1 light per plant in flower and 6-12 plants per cycle(every 2wk-1mth). I am eliminating any variance in canopy indifference between different runs. 6-12 plants is the most I will have going per run and they will never be placed under a light with those that are in a different week, nor will they be fed from the same rez. I have included enough reservoirs and lights to accommodate each cycle separately all the way through.

This is effectively 4-8 separate grows in 1 space, not light/rez sharing or dealing with differentials with 1 rez and 1 light between 2 or 3 strains. If I can take a single light to 100% I just need to replicate the care I put into the 1 light over the rest. Nothing is physically different or stopping it from achieving any less with how separate it is all setup for.

It's always my weakest yielder a that root for me to do I end up with a house of og and bubba lol

I have no clue what you were trying to say here. Assuming you're agreeing with stalks and skipping over any successful threads/growers who utilize a flower and veg room almost by default.

Last edited:
S

SoCalKind1

You should checkout medicropper's youtube videos. He runs multiple grow sites and runs multiple strains in each one. Each site has a different starting time and some of his strains go a little longer but you can't deny the results, regardless of how he is going against your style.

The Terps

The Terps

Why ask for help and then discredit what is told to you. If you want to do medicropper then do it. You seem like the kind of guy just waiting for some one to agree with you. I agree with you it is a feasible goal. I know for a fact that stalks suggestion is easier in a lot of ways

S

SoCalKind1

Why ask for help and then discredit what is told to you. If you want to do medicropper then do it. You seem like the kind of guy just waiting for some one to agree with you. I agree with you it is a feasible goal. I know for a fact that stalks suggestion is easier in a lot of ways

I am not discrediting anything, it may very well work for him. Stalks is saying is that he believes I will lose 10-25% because of the difference in timing between them, yet he would advise someone growing 6 lights to also use 1 run. I am using 6 lights per run effectively, just not per room. How do you not see the hypocrisy in the concept?

If I grow 6 plants under 6 lights and put the same amount of care in each of those 6 as I would a mono crop, where would the difference in lbs come into play? A grower can be lazy with or without a mono crop and the mono cropping doesn't save TIME it saves you from repetitive steps. I would still be:

-transplanting the same # of plants
-using the same # of lights
-moving the same # of pots
-trimming the same # of lbs
-adding the same amount of trellis
-using the same # of reservoirs

Where would I save? And where would I lose pounds that I wouldn't already lose in perpetual?

The only benefit in a mono crop situation is if you have limited lights or limited time to meet ROI in which you wouldn't want a slow and steady start but rather an all at once approach. I am looking for consistency and perpetual 2-4week cycles so that in the event I have to take a plant out, I won't be waiting up to 3-4 months to restart.

Are you talking about using multiple flower rooms like him? I haven't followed him but is he running perpetual in all three rooms or running the rooms perpetually? There is a difference

He runs multiple grows between different locations only attending each 2-3x/week. Has a buddy water and other than that he does everything else besides trim. I also have a buddy who will trim but I do not have multiple locations. It seems to be that you are saying if I ran different rooms it would be easier than running 1 room with 6 lights per cycle. My question is why? If every component I buy is separated for each 6lights/plants in what way would I be losing efficiency that I wouldn't already be losing in perpetual?

sixstring

sixstring

Have you done the math on fuel usage to feed a generator this size?it will be 3 to 4 times the cost of electric from a power co if not more.plus a geny that size will be loud as hell and unless you are a long ways from any neighbors someone will call and complain . just putting it out there before you waste time reseaching generators.your loads will need to be balanced real close or you will have early gen failure.
In michigan i get natural gas for next to nothing and its still triple the price of power from a pole and that is on the high side @ 13 cents per kwh.

The Terps

The Terps

It's a pretty simple answer about mono cropping. You use the same amount of ferts and have the same rh and the same canopy height the list goes on. I'm not saying you can't do it but your wanting to do it a hard and inefficient.

Stalks

Stalks

Pretty sure @sixstring just game, point, and matched us all lol. Sorry to be an ass but you are a dreamer not a doer @SoCalKind1

Ask tlc La how thier perpetual grow is going lolol

Latest posts

Top Bottom