Need advice for a finicky plant

• Thread starter MeanJeans
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MeanJeans

MeanJeans

Hi All,

I have a plant that's been difficult since the beginning. It's 3 weeks older than its tent mate which is untrained and starting to catch up to it 19 days into 12/12. Both are bag seed two different unknown strains. Not my First grow but it is with LED lights. I have two mars hydro sp3000's at about 21 inches dimmed slightly to hit about 850 ppfd at the tops. They've been there since a week before 12/12. The problem plant had mag deficiency that got better with cal-mag and a bit of epsom.

Upper leaves are curling down tight and some are nearly folded shut. It looks overwatered but last two feedings I've held off to the point of it it being droopy & limp. I reduced the amount water from 1/2 liter each feeding, about 3-4 days between to 8 oz and waiting for the soil to dry out before watering again. Same issue continues. I use FFOF and biobizz with well water and ph adjust to 6.5 - 6.8. I tried not adjusting ph as reccomeneded but in the beginning but both plants weren't doing well, ph of the mix going would be 3.8 to mid 5's without adjusting. Both plants are in the same soil, only difference with them is the pots they're in. I haven't tested ppm yet but will on the next feeding, my well water is in the 140-150 tds range. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks,

Need advice for a finicky plant
Need advice for a finicky plant 2
Need advice for a finicky plant 3
Need advice for a finicky plant 4
Need advice for a finicky plant 5
growsince79

growsince79

850ppfd is a lot of light. Plants having a hard time keeping up.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Show me an led grow that doesn't look like that in some significant proportion.

I always had too much nitrogen and phosphorous lockout/def/whothefuckknows issues under led. Everyone else's claims calmag.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The hooking is too much nitrogen and you've had the problem for a while. You STILL have too much N, unless you just leached it out, very recently.

Too much N is one of those things you can trace with time by looking at the plant. As soon as it's corrected, new leaves will be normal — sticking straight out or upwards.

Plant-available N is very soluble and can easily be leached out of soil with water. Leach it the next time you water (no nutes, let some water drain out). Next time you water with nutes, give this one half.

MeanJeans

MeanJeans

Ok, I'll back off the lights and the grow. They have been getting 1/4 + 1/8 tsp to a liter of water of either grow or fish mix - I alternate. That plus 1/4 tsp cal mag 1/8 tsp epsom salts, 1/4 + 1/8 of bloom and one additive, top max or algamic.

Top Bottom